Which Team Should I Be?

I can't really think of a good save.

Stuck between a couple ideas

1. Play as villarreal (not worth too much, small stadium, yet class players) This save provides room to grow, and 2 year requirement for South Americans mean I can buy a lot of them, and let them go in reserves or loan until 20 years old (when they would gain Spanish citizenship)

2. Play as Hoffenheim or Dortmund. Dortmund however are established with a huge stadium and their yellow kits kind of hurt my eyes (also applies to el submarinos) Hoffenheim have smaller stadium and decent kits. The lure of playing in competitive germany and trying to get them another ECC spot like in real life is intriguing.

3. Play as Italian C2 team Venezia. 200,000 population city with an attraction rating of 20 (max). Stadium itself is an island and have some history. Huge potential. 10+ rivals mostly in Serie A and B. Downside is 1 non EU signing only at top division. Won't be able to sign talented real wonderkids for 5+ season.

4. Load all the custom databases I have (africa/asia/north america/south america/euro) and start unemployeed as a sunday league player (most likely having to start in Africa). Will miss out of wonderkids, but will have to fight my way to the top. Anyone ever manage in Africa?

A mid table team, in the prem or liga bbva with a transfer budget of about 7-10 mil more if possible

1. Play as villarreal (not worth too much, small stadium, yet class players) This save provides room to grow, and 2 year requirement for South Americans mean I can buy a lot of them, and let them go in reserves or loan until 20 years old (when they would gain Spanish citizenship)

2. Play as Hoffenheim or Dortmund. Dortmund however are established with a huge stadium and their yellow kits kind of hurt my eyes (also applies to el submarinos) Hoffenheim have smaller stadium and decent kits. The lure of playing in competitive germany and trying to get them another ECC spot like in real life is intriguing.

3. Play as Italian C2 team Venezia. 200,000 population city with an attraction rating of 20 (max). Stadium itself is an island and have some history. Huge potential. 10+ rivals mostly in Serie A and B. Downside is 1 non EU signing only at top division. Won't be able to sign talented real wonderkids for 5+ season.

4. Load all the custom databases I have (africa/asia/north america/south america/euro) and start unemployeed as a sunday league player (most likely having to start in Africa). Will miss out of wonderkids, but will have to fight my way to the top. Anyone ever manage in Africa?

i can not recoomend you any of them,but i will start a Venezia save myself.I loved the concept

really need a long term save.
looking for a team preferably in england.
not really bothered about budget but was thinking sunderland, everton or leeds?
any suggestions?

really need a long term save.
looking for a team preferably in england.
not really bothered about budget but was thinking sunderland, everton or leeds?
any suggestions?

I wouldn't go for the Premiership if you want a long-term. I think FM is too easy and in no time you'll be winning everything and you'll get bored. Out of the three, for long-term, I'd choose Leeds :)

EDIT: Unless you find winning everything fun season after season fun! :D

Guys need a good long game, don't care where in the world... Preferably top league though

Main thing is it's got to be fun

Guys need a good long game, don't care where in the world... Preferably top league though

Main thing is it's got to be fun

do you consider building a team from scratch fun or winning

I would recommend the Bundesliga highly, although I can see the appeal of the lower league challenges. The foreign players rule only applies to cup games, and it's a highly competitive league. In my first season, the title went down to the last day with me losing out to Hoffenheim. 2nd season and it seems HSV and Leverkusen are the teams to beat!

In addition to my Sandhausen game I would like to start another challenge.

I want to take a team from a nation that has never been represented in Champions League. I did it already once with a team from my home city and took FC Baku there. But there are some requirements:

1) I don't want this team to be leading force in their nation, like don't want to manage TNS (Wales), Sheriff (Moldova) etc.
2) I want to have reasonable wage budget so I can sign decent players.

One more question. Just wondering if the reputation of my league will grow will I get more TV and prize money from my championship (not Champions League)

Middle tabled team in any country except England not top division. decent squad and preferably some history but not nessecary.

Team in Europe or South America, already in Uefa or Libertadores (or trying to place for Europe or Libertadores), with a good squad to play with the 4-2-2-2 Il Devasto, and with a DECENT budget. PLEASE HELP

i'm sorry if my english is to bad

do you consider building a team from scratch fun or winning

Well the most fun game ive played was CSKA Moscow in 3 years I had the semis of CL. So it was winning in Russia a lot but a good challenge in Europe :)

Well the most fun game ive played was CSKA Moscow in 3 years I had the semis of CL. So it was winning in Russia a lot but a good challenge in Europe :)

R.Madrid to win in Spain,Arsenal for England Dortmund in Germany if you use them right,Porto or Benfica in portugal, Marseille in France Celtic in Scotland those are the ones you should win with only a little effort but you enjoy winning

R.Madrid to win in Spain,Arsenal for England Dortmund in Germany if you use them right,Porto or Benfica in portugal, Marseille in France Celtic in Scotland those are the ones you should win with only a little effort but you enjoy winning
Do you think Juventus are a good challenge?

Back