Votes: 29 27.6%
  • Friends

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • Liked the strip

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • None of the above

Votes: 18 17.1%

• Total voters
Nottingham is where I am from so the local team is the one for me.

When I was a kid I was aware that I was from Liverpool & that LFC was my home town club . I did not know where Everton was but I was aware that it was 'near ' Liverpool. I guess it was easier for my infant mind to identify with LFC. I had no idea if they were any good or even what league they played in. I do remember thinking that the red kit looked more appealing for some reason.

I've supported Liverpool for as long as I can remember, I'm not entirely shure why I chose them but it was probably something to do with a young Michael Owen.

Liverpool are my team but I do 'support Oxford and Celtic' but I'll always be a red.

As for Celtic, it's my dad's team so I kinda have to follow them, plus it was the first stadium I went to and it's magnificent.

And Oxford because it's where I live, my mum's friends with some Oxford fans and they used to take me and my brother every so often to go watch a game, but everyone loves their local team. Can't wait to go to Wembley :D

my uncle was from manchester so i all way use to see man u on tv when i was younger and kinda grow to love them so why i support man united

you should have an option for glory hunters ( aka suporters of chelsea after 2004)

Although Neall i agree with what you say there should be an option.

like Andy said earlier, it is refreshing to see someone own up and admit they are a glory hunter.

deep down many people know they are, but because of the abuse they get for supporting a club that has no relevance to their family or location, there is always "without fail" some radical reason that qualifies them for that club.

shame really...

good idea though ;)

evan tho am a united fan i still keep an eye on clubs like southampton as me dads team and as i live in nottingham i keep an eye on nottingham forest i been united fan tho since i was 9

Liverpool:
Lived there until from 3 years old to 8 years old.
Family Supported them also.

I've supported Real madrid since I was 15, I love the style of the Spanish Liga but my family is a rangers family so I keep an eye on them :D

Well and Derry City, I have been going to the games for about 8 years steady. Local Team, lived here until i was 3 and 8-17. Had a season ticket for 4 of them aswell.

Reading the answers, i should've put "Uncle's from there" as an option. But wouldn't that mean your mum or dad would be from there!?

i support walsall and i chose for my self to support them even though there a four prem sides on the doorstep of walsall fc

good point... XD

some sly people... my uncles from there

how have i never spotted that before...

i have some mates to ring up!!! :P

---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 AM ----------

i support walsall and i chose for my self to support them even though there a four prem sides on the doorstep of walsall fc

respect you massively mate! local boy to myself as well ;)...

i respect you soo much more because you didn't support the Villa ;)

My dad supports Benfica, and made me a member when I was 4 years... Since then I remained loyal :P. But even if I wasn't born to this :P I would support them anyway, as Sporting is too elitist and Porto is a bunch of liars.

I think it was KingEric who said earlier that he was a glory supporter.

Actually refreshing for him to say that rather than make something up. I respect you for that. :D
I'm pretty sure he was joking.......XD

Might be wrong but really? He said he would change his name to team terry and support chelsea XD Thats what made me think it was a joke.:P

I'm pretty sure he was joking.......XD

Might be wrong but really? He said he would change his name to team terry and support chelsea XD Thats what made me think it was a joke.:P

Oh yea I was definitely joking.

If you cut me I bleed red not blue (that's not a invitation to hunt me down with samurai swords :D)

the sad thing is KingEric is ******* around "we expect"

but there are sad ******* out there that do that!!!

Great thread. Some of the replies are so comedic. :)

Me? Family.

Mum's side of the family in London
Dad's side in Norwich (was also born there)

Back