Why do i hate man united

• Thread starter Thread starter gametime
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 184
  • Views Views 10K
Let's face it...95% of Man Utd fans are from the south, people make me laugh aswel as they'll tell you they support Utd but have never ever been to an actual game! I don't have a problem with people liking a team but to say you support when you've never actually put anything into the club is a joke.

No it isn't.

I'm sure most of them supporters have bought replica shirts and other merchandise anyway, but you don't have to put something into a club to support them

Going to a game is incredibly expensive. I'd rather spend my money on useful things, like food and such so that I can live.

Think you may have misread what I actually wrote there mate, it's all well and good not going to games but therefor you are not classed as a supporter but a fan. Simple.

I respect the club tbh and fair play for winning everything in the recent history, however I do hate the fact that the refs seem to be more on their side and that SAF acts a bit annoying a lot, but owell still a good club.

Think you may have misread what I actually wrote there mate, it's all well and good not going to games but therefor you are not classed as a supporter but a fan. Simple.

Bull ****.

i do hate man utd like i think it's Alex Ferguson and there glory hunting fans really annoye me.

I was at the Man U V Exeter game in the Exeter end and everyone wants to on about "have amazing Man utd fans are"

Ok mate, how comes 7-8 thousand fans out sung like a 60 thousand Man utd crowd..

O do shut up. Absolute piffle my dear.

And as for Man Utd, as someone said earlier, think hate is a bit strong. I do envy them as they are Englands most successful club, and the talent that's come out in the past has been incredible. And it's safe to say, SAF is pretty much, an incredible manager. Yeah he may drive some people up the wall sometimes (including some Man Utd fans), but there you go. He's one those people that you just cannot fail to admire.
I'd go for admire first, then a bit of envy. And if it wasn't for Man Utd, England may not have been as "successful" (ahem) in some key games. Without Beckham, we'd have been screwed

i do hate man utd like i think it's Alex Ferguson and there glory hunting fans really annoye me.

I was at the Man U V Exeter game in the Exeter end and everyone wants to on about "have amazing Man utd fans are"

Ok mate, how comes 7-8 thousand fans out sung like a 60 thousand Man utd crowd..

Firstly, terrible English, have a word with yourself.

Secondly, everyone knows that United fans are amongst the least vocal in the country. A large number of the real, passionate fans can't afford tickets or just can't get hold of them. The waiting list for a season ticket is ridiculous.

I think I know the answer to your question gametime: Behind every successful team / personality lies a pack of haters.

That's why ;)

To whom said they said they are a fan not a supporter for not going to games. What gives you the right to define someone on what they are are? Just because he can't make it to every game he's not a fan. There are other things that go on outside football ya know such as people have jobs. Family's to take care of. Then one weekend he and his mates decide to go to a game does that that still make him a fan or supporter?

Personally as long as you make every effort to watch games whether it be in your front room pub. Or try to go to a few games a year. As I will say people have lives outside of football and going to matches specially in PL is expensive so who ever can afford that is either very well off or doesn't have any responsibilities with their money ie no rent to pay w/e it may be. The term supporter is to back your club through thick and thin no matter where you are in the ******* planet.

Man Utd can't be the most hated, if they are the most supported, can they?

Leeds are the most hated club.

That'd be true if there was only two football clubs in the world, yes. :p

I am an avid Bayern Munich supporter, and support Liverpool in the Barclays'...
But for some reason i hate man u, is it fair to say they are the most hated club.

Too bad you don't hate Leeds... Because that would mean that the ******* ref didnt gave you the champions league in 1975. And even if its wrong for a Leeds fan to say... Man U > Bayern. I am half Portuguese/ half English... My countrys over yours, ALWAYS.

People hate them because they're the most sucessful team in the world, so they're jealous. simple as.

Historically, most successful = Real Madrid.
Currently = Barcelona.

Where do United come into that?

P.s. I actually quite like United, I just don't like it when fans overrate their team.

Last edited:
Historically, most successful = Real Madrid.
Currently = Barcelona.

Where do United come into that?

P.s. I actually quite like United, I just don't like it when fans overrate their team.

Real is teh most successfull cuz

Franco put large amounts of state reserves into Real Madrid, as the name means "Royal Madrid" strangeley enough, in order to allow them to be better than any other side, particularly Barca who, as a Catalan club, did not want to be part of Franco's regime and were in direct opposition to everything he stood for. When Franco’s fascist forces finally prevailed over the Republicans in 1939, Barça, who had narrowly survived the Civil War, came in for a pounding.
Real Madrid - Franco’s team - was to be deified. Officially.
State-controlled Spanish television continually showed highlights of Real’s matches and very little of Barça’s, thus generating the notion among the populace that Real were Spain’s team, whilst also allowing Real to take a far larger share of revenue.
A Franco stooge Barça president managed to ‘lose’ Alfredo Di Stefano to their arch rivals when they’d already signed him. Di Stefano went on to lead Real to five successive European Cup victories.
The Spanish referees were also got at in a regime of terror. Not only did they favour Real in any encounter with Barça, the 1940s, 50s, 60s and 70s were also littered with bizarre - and obviously biased - refereeing decisions in other matches involving Barça which cost them championships and Cups. The decisions were so appalling that eventually even a puppet Barça president had the temerity to complain to the Spanish College of Referees. He was ignored

Hawl. Lads, get our facts right here. Rangers are, with 115 trophies to our name. (H) Linfield are more trophy-laden than Rangers however, if you include some smaller trophies IIRC |) Manchester United are however, the most consistently dominant force in world football. Theres a difference, had to be pedantic sorry :P

And I must say I don't really hate them for their success, nor do I really hate the club, hate their bawbag fans though. :)

Hawl. Lads, get our facts right here. Rangers are, with 115 trophies to our name. (H) Linfield are more trophy-laden than Rangers however, if you include some smaller trophies IIRC |) Manchester United are however, the most consistently dominant force in world football. Theres a difference, had to be pedantic sorry :P

And I must say I don't really hate them for their success, nor do I really hate the club, hate their bawbag fans though. :)

We're talking major trophies. Real Madrid have been consistently more successful than United without a doubt, United were poor in the 70's and 80's..

Agree with the last bit, the majority of their fans are awful.

Real is teh most successfull cuz

Franco put large amounts of state reserves into Real Madrid, as the name means "Royal Madrid" strangeley enough, in order to allow them to be better than any other side, particularly Barca who, as a Catalan club, did not want to be part of Franco's regime and were in direct opposition to everything he stood for. When Franco’s fascist forces finally prevailed over the Republicans in 1939, Barça, who had narrowly survived the Civil War, came in for a pounding.
Real Madrid - Franco’s team - was to be deified. Officially.
State-controlled Spanish television continually showed highlights of Real’s matches and very little of Barça’s, thus generating the notion among the populace that Real were Spain’s team, whilst also allowing Real to take a far larger share of revenue.
A Franco stooge Barça president managed to ‘lose’ Alfredo Di Stefano to their arch rivals when they’d already signed him. Di Stefano went on to lead Real to five successive European Cup victories.
The Spanish referees were also got at in a regime of terror. Not only did they favour Real in any encounter with Barça, the 1940s, 50s, 60s and 70s were also littered with bizarre - and obviously biased - refereeing decisions in other matches involving Barça which cost them championships and Cups. The decisions were so appalling that eventually even a puppet Barça president had the temerity to complain to the Spanish College of Referees. He was ignored

Thanks for the history lesson. I hate Real Madrid by the way, so that was a waste of your time.

Also, let's make some corrections here. Franco was an Atleti fan.... he funded Real Madrid so heavily because of the success they'd already had. Alfredo di Stefano signed for BOTH teams, and Barcelona decided they didn't want to share a player with Madrid.

Why did you assume that I didn't know these things just because I stated the clear fact that they are more successful than Man United?

We're talking major trophies. Real Madrid have been consistently more successful than United without a doubt, United were poor in the 70's and 80's..

Agree with the last bit, the majority of their fans are awful.

I know I know, joking, to an extent :)

I hate them purely because of their fans. There away support is up there with the best in the country, but every time I've been to Old Trafford I could have heard a pin drop. Also, I bet 90% of Utd fans who have posted in this thread have never seen them play :)

Back