Why do i hate man united

• Thread starter Thread starter gametime
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 184
  • Views Views 10K
Probably, it must annoy Chelsea and Man City fans as Man United are living evidence of money and history equalling success.

but also that money doesnt always buy success - take our noisy neighbours for example...

I hate them purely because of their fans. There away support is up there with the best in the country, but every time I've been to Old Trafford I could have heard a pin drop. Also, I bet 90% of Utd fans who have posted in this thread have never seen them play :)

I don't understand how or why that makes any difference? I can count the games I have been to see on one hand, but I am as passionate as any supporter.

The problem I have with United fans is their (in some cases) glorified support. I used to live in a town centre and watched virtually every game in the most popular pub. I'd say there were only a couple of regulars that watched every game. Then, when United play Chelsea in the Champions League final, they all come crawling out of the woodwork and cheer them on for 90 minutes. They talk as if they know everything there is to know about football, but in truth have only watched a handful of games each season.

I hate them, however I don't know a scouser who doesn't. Our rivalry goes much deeper than most and it is as much a city rivalry as a football rivalry. Hate everything about United, absolutely everything.

This on so many levels is the exact reason i hate Liverpool. Basically the rivalary between the 2 clubs is massive and soo deep.

He didn't say others aren't like that, he just stated that a lot of United fans are glory hunters, which they are.

But he used that as his reason for Hating united, on that sole reason there is many other clubs he should "Hate"

An FM Base football thread that has descended into chaos, shocker.

I would like to point out, Without my input Or Joss and only a cameo role from Cjacko, and we are called the arguementative ones. ;)

i also hate them , thier midfield is awful

Good reasoning there matey... Our Midfield so ****, it is, to keep up with the theme of the thread, top of the league. Our midfield has a job and it does it very well, just because it hasnt got the technical ability or rep of others, doesnt mean it doesnt do it function for us properly.

We are the most hatest because of:

1) Our Success over the last 20 years has made us hated by many younger/ newer fans of Football. "everyone wants to see the top team fail"
2) Sir Alex Ferguson- He is loved by us and we see what he does, but his rants/ mind games and everything else must **** others off, and i know a lot of people hate him for being scotish, A scot being successful in england, Well i never.
3) Our players- Down the years we have had some players with aquired taste, The King, Keano and Ronaldo to name a few, you either hate them or you love them, and whilst all United fans love them, most others hate them.

alll teams have glory hunters i cant lie i have to say i hate Sir Alex Ferguson but his a great manager , i hate Manchester United because they hate Chelsea

Its pretty likely that if you don't support United then you will be among the haters of the club. Its no surprise really, its because of a number of reasons most of which have already been mentioned on this thread.

United have one of, if not the largest fan base in the world and so it is no surprise that it has the largest number of glory hunters. But despite this, you see a large number of dedicated supporters of the club from around the world. On the official forum of the club, you will see supporters of the club from places like Pakistan, Mauritius, America and other nations show a concern for the heritage and tradition for the club. Its a myth that 90% of United's supporters are glory hunters.

Probably because the majoity of United fans are complete idiots that feel the need to belittle every other team when we are doing well. They give us a reputation as arrogant and most don't know the first thing about football.

I feel sorry for the genuine United fans.

MOST HATED COMPANIES
Manchester United - 26 per cent
Ryanair - 23 per cent
British Gas - 22per cent
McDonalds - 19 per cent
RBS - 17 per cent
Lloyds Bank - 16 per cent
Starbucks - 14 per cent
BT - 13 per cent
Sky - 13 per cent
easyJet - 10 per cent
Network Rail - 9 per cent

Meh i'm suprised Virgin isn't on that list they are an utterly useless company!

I myself don't hate Manchester United though, it's one of the few football clubs i know tbh! hah :)

The only things about United I hate tbh are the majority of the fans and SAF. Other than that I don't mind them at all.. I'm fairly neutral with United, Chelsea and Arsenal. The only Red Devils I hate are Crawley, can't stand them at all.

First part pretty much sums up my attitude towards United. Feel a bit sorry for the Man Utd fans that would still have been United fans even if the club had been in league 2, as they get lumped with the glory hunters.

I may have been a glory hunter when I was 5, but if my club fell into the Ryman League I would still be there for them.

And has anyone other than United tried to get tickets? Obviously not, because it's ridiculously hard, to the point where in most United games I've been to I've been in the away end.

I love this club, and the reason some fans are so big headed is that we are brought on the ideal that losing is not an option, and drawing isn't an option. I'm not trying to state arrogance, but thats what we have come to expect.

I can see why people hate the club, our success, our players, our manager, but at the same time no other club is like ours. No club has such a long standing manager, not many clubs get silverware every year, and it's the fact that during the past 20 years, United is the constant in the title races, no matter what other teams come across. But the lack of acknowledgement is frustrating, the boneheaded "MAN U R WNK" when we clearly aren't, and teams like Arsenal and Liverpool I dislike, but I can respect.

I don't think we care about the hate, we are used to it, but I think everyone should respect the club.

A lot ( not all by any means ) of MU fans come across as ungratious in victory & ungratious in defeat, & their arrogance is perceived to surpass even that of their club's manager. If it weren't for these unsavoury qualities, the club's obvious success would cause it to be envied but surely not despised as it undoubtably is by it's rivals & nearly everyone else..

I really don't know why I dislike Man Utd. I mean, I don't come from England, I don't have the money to buy MaxTV(a special group of TV channels with an option to view Premier League, La Liga etc. games in Croatia) and there's nothing special that connects me to them(nor any club outside Croatia).
However, I think that I dislike Man Utd because I just don't like their players. Yes, Rooney, Nani and other are good, but I don't like them. One of the reasons I don't like Man Utd is that C.Ronaldo was in it(why I dislike Real Madrid, also, though I like some of their players like Kaka and Ozil). He is a great player, but I just dislike his personality.
I think if Macheda went on loan to my favourite club Junak(my hometown club, playing in second Croatian division or 2.HNL, and means 'a hero'), in no time they'd get in 1.HNL and to EL group stage.

A lot ( not all by any means ) of MU fans come across as ungratious in victory & ungratious in defeat, & their arrogance is perceived to surpass even that of their club's manager. If it weren't for these unsavoury qualities, the club's obvious success would cause it to be envied but surely not despised as it undoubtably is by it's rivals & nearly everyone else..

You see, I dislike any fan that can't accept defeat or be gracious when victorious.

Decisions go either way on a weekly basis, people have to learn to roll with the punches.

I'm a Liverpool fan, so of course i hate United. BUT i have nothing against the players. Players like Giggs, Scholes, Beckham, etc. They all impress me. Really good players.. To bad they aren't retired yet XD

Man Utd get ALOT of help from the officials. Look at Howard Webb, FA Cup Liverpool - United. Berbatov gets a Penalty that never was a penalty, and Gerrard was red carded wich he shouldn't be.

Fergie is a ****: Fergie ALWAYS complains about something. The officials, the weather, the grass or if a bird flies by. Let's face it, if Fergie would leave, more people would tollerate United.

Probably gonna get a major *** kicking now, but so be it XD

You know u have reached the top when u have people trying to knock u down!

I'm a Liverpool fan, so of course i hate United. BUT i have nothing against the players. Players like Giggs, Scholes, Beckham, etc. They all impress me. Really good players.. To bad they aren't retired yet XD

Man Utd get ALOT of help from the officials. Look at Howard Webb, FA Cup Liverpool - United. Berbatov gets a Penalty that never was a penalty, and Gerrard was red carded wich he shouldn't be.

Fergie is a ****: Fergie ALWAYS complains about something. The officials, the weather, the grass or if a bird flies by. Let's face it, if Fergie would leave, more people would tollerate United.

Don't get all the help from the officials. Evans got sent off for pretty much the same challenge as Gerrard's. Carragher should have been sent off against Nani. The Chelsea game? Refereeing decisions will usually balance out by the end of a season.

Don't get all the help from the officials. Evans got sent off for pretty much the same challenge as Gerrard's. Carragher should have been sent off against Nani. The Chelsea game? Refereeing decisions will usually balance out by the end of a season.

Okay, they might not always get help. But they get alot from the officials. Especially Howard Webb.

ohh boo who
dont you think u got away with a lot of decisions.
stop moaning!!!!

Back