Hello TFF. which 2 or 3 positions do you consider KEY to the tactic?

(for example I have a very versatile player that can play DR, WBR, DMC, MC, AMC, AMR, AML and he is the best player in my squad, where should I play him?)

This tactic is very good. Period. Some people on here seem to think this is a magical tactic which will make you dominate every game.

I'd say the key thing that make you achieve success in the game and what's more important enjoy the game ;) is "proper" understanding about "the quality" of your team/players and what result would be "overachieving" for such team/players as yours but if you play without any 3rd party programs such as FM Scout or FMRTE it might be extremely hard even for experienced players to properly evaluate the quality of their teams and players so when they look at their team they see that they have a team that is the same quality as Barca or Real Madrid and with any good tactic they just must winning 100% of matches but very often the reality is very different :) and they have just an average team that is supposed to finish somewhere at the middle of the table and any place above it already would be "overachieving".

Also, many FM players don't understand how strong should be their team in order to have solid chances on winning the league even if you use a very good tactic, for example, if you play in Sky Bet Championship then you might win it even with the weakest team if you use a very good tactic but if you play in English Premier League then to win it your team should be in top 4 the strongest team in the league, of course, it's still possible to win English Premier League or LIGA BBVA with the weakest in the league but you need to have extraordinary luck to do that but many FM players pick a mid table team in such strong leagues as LIGA BBVA or English Premier League then buy few players that aren't always an improvement as they think :) and it makes them think that they have already such strong that they should win the league with "eyes closed" and it's where they are very wrong becasue and if they want to win the league with "eyes closed" then they need to change about 12-15 players in their team for much better players and it might require 3-4 seasons to do that.

To say honesty this game was designed that players were able to win everything in this game even with any default tactic from the game but to do that they need to have a team that consists of 200PA players so you might have no clue about tactics but slowly improve your team and getting better and better players and eventually you’ll be winning everything but the problem is that many players look at their team and think that they have the best possible players and they should win everything with such players but very often it's far from the truth.

Hello TFF. which 2 or 3 positions do you consider KEY to the tactic?

(for example I have a very versatile player that can play DR, WBR, DMC, MC, AMC, AMR, AML and he is the best player in my squad, where should I play him?)

AML/AMR are the most important positions in the tactic then follow STC/DL/DR positions.

Last edited:
I'd say the key thing that make you achieve success in the game and what's more important enjoy the game ;) is "proper" understanding about "the quality" of your team/players and what result would be "overachieving" for such team/players as yours but if you play without any 3rd party programs such as FM Scout or FMRTE it might be extremely hard even for experienced players to properly evaluate the quality of their teams and players so when they look at their team they see that they have a team that is the same quality as Barca or Real Madrid and with any good tactic they just must winning 100% of matches but very often the reality is very different :) and they have just an average team that is supposed to finish somewhere at the middle of the table and any place above it already would be "overachieving".

Also, many FM players don't understand how strong should be their team in order to have solid chances on winning the league even if you use a very good tactic, for example, if you play in Sky Bet Championship then you might win it even with the weakest team if you use a very good tactic but if you play in English Premier League then to win it your team should be in top 4 the strongest team in the league, of course, it's still possible to win English Premier League or LIGA BBVA with the weakest in the league but you need to have extraordinary luck to do that but many FM players pick a mid table team in such strong leagues as LIGA BBVA or English Premier League then buy few players that aren't always an improvement as they think :) and it makes them think that they have already such strong that they should win the league with "eyes closed" and it's where they are very wrong becasue and if they want to win the league with "eyes closed" then they need to change about 12-15 players in their team for much better players and it might require 3-4 seasons to do that.

To say honesty this game was designed that players were able to win everything in this game even with any default tactic from the game but to do that they need to have a team that consists of 200PA players so you might have no clue about tactics but slowly improve your team and getting better and better players and eventually you’ll be winning everything but the problem is that many players look at their team and think that they have the best possible players and they should win everything with such players but very often it's far from the truth.

AML/AMR are the most important positions in the tactic then follow STC/DL/DR positions.
well said mate :)

hey tff, thanks again for a wonderful tactic. mate how would u line the first 11 for both warth balanced and attck. thanks buddy

TFF, I'm getting to the edge of frustration with Wrath! Seeing so much people overachieving, I'm trying desperately to make it work but I'm constantly underperforming.
For example I decided to put my main save on hold, and play your Tactic Testing League (v2), as I've done with tons of tactics of the forum to test them.
My usual method to fast test a tactic in TFF's Tactic Testing League:
1-actually play every match as I don't trust instant result or simulate match.
2-I ask my AM to pick the team.
3-make no subs (unless forced by injury).
4-make no team talks (I'm in charge of team talks, but say nothing to avoid getting bad/good influence to the tactic).
5-I change nothing during a match.

And this is what I got, and I compare it with the tactic that gave me the better results using this testing method:
[TABLE="width: 395"]
[TR]
[TD]TACTIC[/TD]
[TD]GP[/TD]
[TD]W[/TD]
[TD]D[/TD]
[TD]L[/TD]
[TD]GF[/TD]
[TD]GA[/TD]
[TD]GD[/TD]
[TD]PTS[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Knap's Stargazing 16.3[/TD]
[TD]48[/TD]
[TD]28[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]131[/TD]
[TD]55[/TD]
[TD]+76[/TD]
[TD]94[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Wrath v5 (balanced)[/TD]
[TD]48[/TD]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD]68[/TD]
[TD]58[/TD]
[TD]+10[/TD]
[TD]68[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Seeing that Wrath v5 just got top of the table in Lucho's test just increased my frustration, why is it working to everyone and not me... :(

I can answer that question for you :) I know TFF may not agree fully, but in a real game, there are too many random factors to test anything (this also means that results from users of it will vary in personal saves). So, some of you will get beastly results and some will have much poorer results. With a proper tactic testing league that removes as much randomness as possible (this also includes tweaking the hidden attributes) from the game itself, then the percentage of users having success with it will increase, but there will always be some it doesn't work for, because of the randomness in your personal saves.

Another thing (no disrespect to TFF), is that TFF's database isn't tweaked enough to remove enough randomness to get accurate results every time. If you run that same test again, do you get 90 ish and 70 ish points? Or does it vary more? In mine, Lucio and Francesco's test, we have tested to run a tactic 10 times through the save, and the deviation is more or less +/- 5 points, which must be seen as incredibly accurate. Remember though, this accuracy will be way off in a normal game, and it will ALWAYS be possible, even for "the world's best tactic" to make someone have a terrible experience.

The game also has MANY other factors other than randomness, which includes the manager's ability to lead, his level of knowledge about the other aspects of the game (other than tactical).

I hope I didn't cause any frustration for you TFF (I know we have some different opinions) :)

Best of luck to you all,
Mr L

Last edited:
[video=youtube;i01iPfkUdJ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i01iPfkUdJ0[/video]

Even the ME and AI fear this tactic!

I can answer that question for you :) I know TFF may not agree fully, but in a real game, there are too many random factors to test anything (this also means that results from users of it will vary in personal saves). So, some of you will get beastly results and some will have much poorer results. With a proper tactic testing league that removes as much randomness as possible (this also includes tweaking the hidden attributes) from the game itself, then the percentage of users having success with it will increase, but there will always be some it doesn't work for, because of the randomness in your personal saves.

Another thing (no disrespect to TFF), is that TFF's database isn't tweaked enough to remove enough randomness to get accurate results every time. If you run that same test again, do you get 90 ish and 70 ish points? Or does it vary more? In mine, Lucio and Francesco's test, we have tested to run a tactic 10 times through the save, and the deviation is more or less +/- 5 points, which must be seen as incredibly accurate. Remember though, this accuracy will be way off in a normal game, and it will ALWAYS be possible, even for "the world's best tactic" to make someone have a terrible experience.

The game also has MANY other factors other than randomness, which includes the manager's ability to lead, his level of knowledge about the other aspects of the game (other than tactical).

I hope I didn't cause any frustration for you TFF (I know we have some different opinions) :)

Best of luck to you all,
Mr L

Just for the record, I've run the tests again:
stargazing got 87 points
wrath 71
MidSomer counter had 89 points in the first test, got 97 in a second test
So there is some randomness, but overall you can get a general idea of how good a tactic is with plug and play.
Must say I do not trust any testing made with instant result, I play the matches.
TFF please understand I do respect your work here, you are one of the top tacticians in FM history, and I've been here for a while playing since the very first game of the series (few people know it but a french version was the first!! See the image below... can you see the date? Lol Yes I'm old!) Back to the point your creations have provided tons of entertaining hours playing FM, but to my frustration I can't make wrath to performe well, either in YOUR test league or my personal saves! Have to agree with some opinions here that say conqueror is better.
View attachment 162674View attachment 162673

The tactic's performance drops about 30% without "Hard Tackles".

Without "Hard Tackles" your defenders start to allow opposition attackers to pass through in cases when they didn’t allow it if they had "Hard Tackles".

TFF will lowering the D-Line affect the tactic's performance? I have Fast defenders but still getting hit with balls over the top.

Against Real madrid you use Balanced also?

Contre le réal t'as utilisé balanced je suppose? et en championnat Attacking sauf contre psg où tu mets balanced?
je joue Monaco aussi donc je compare un peu^^

J'ai alterné , je commence la match en balanced, et je repasse en attacking, et ce même contre les gros...mais c'est une tuerie ...je ne prend quasiment pas de buts....0 depuis 15 matchs !

I'm using V5 Balanced. Started off with some poor results in the first 10 or so games, but once the tactic had been trained more, things improved. Near the end of the season now and only a few points off the top, playing as Leicester, first season. Finding the tactic solid both defensively and offensively, picking up a lot of cards a long the way but it's nothing i haven't been able to handle. My wingers have been very key in this tactic, Mahrez averaging over 7.90 in over 30 games. Thanks for this tactic, and keep up the good work.

one quick question. for training you use what TFF said in th OP or you train the players to the positions according to the tactic's roles?

Could someone please upload some screenshots of the 'Balanced' team instructions for those of us on iPad?

Just for the record, I've run the tests again:
stargazing got 87 points
wrath 71
MidSomer counter had 89 points in the first test, got 97 in a second test
So there is some randomness, but overall you can get a general idea of how good a tactic is with plug and play.
Must say I do not trust any testing made with instant result, I play the matches.
TFF please understand I do respect your work here, you are one of the top tacticians in FM history, and I've been here for a while playing since the very first game of the series (few people know it but a french version was the first!! See the image below... can you see the date? Lol Yes I'm old!) Back to the point your creations have provided tons of entertaining hours playing FM, but to my frustration I can't make wrath to performe well, either in YOUR test league or my personal saves! Have to agree with some opinions here that say conqueror is better.
View attachment 1039621View attachment 1039622

Well, if you and TFF get THAT DIFFERENT results in the SAME test league, the problem is one of these two things; either there is something you do differently than him while testing, or the test league is too random (one re-test doesn't really prove much, because it's hard to know if it's random or not that you got the same ish points again). The only way to test this is to do many more re-tests, which would take a lot of time if you want to play every match.

Back