There I see Gary Hooper is on there. Not the best player, but going by TFF's filters, he's "right for the job". But (season 2 Dortmund) Wayne Rooney isn't, nor Ibrahimovic.

So does that mean that Garry Hooper will perform better at DLF in this tactic than Rooney will?

I've already explained it many times but probably it's worth explaining once more. :)

Not all players that were found by the filters are equally good for some specific position.

For example, as you can see when you use the DLF filter it might show you the same time such striker as Gary Hooper(CA=128) and Robert Lewandowski(CA=178), it's obvious that Robert Lewandowski is much better than Gary Hooper but if you manage some small club than you can't afford to buy any 178 CA players such Robert Lewandowski and you can only afford to buy much less quality players with CA no higher than 130 so in this Gary Hooper is your choice.

The filters just show you such players that have their CA allocated in most efficient way for the position h that you looking for, for example, the lower CA players have the more important it’s allocated efficient because CA is just amount of points that players have to spend on their attributes and you want that it was spent in the attributes that are the most important for the position and when a player has low CA, speaking, other words, his doesn’t has many points to spend on his attributes so it’s very important that his points weren't spent on some useless attributes for the position.

Let's say you can only afford to buy 125 CA Winger for your team so you want that his CA was spent in the most efficient way for Winger on such attributes as Dribbling, Technique, Acceleration, Agility, Flair and some other and you don't want that it was spent on some much less useful attributes for Winger such as Strength, Jumping Reach, Tackling, Positioning, Heading and some other.

The filters are just "checking" that players' CA are allocated in the efficient way for the position but anyway you need to check all players that were found by filters in order to find out who is better(having higher CA).

Last edited:
Shaky start getting the tactic fluid, didn't think it'd work out! Started rotating the tactics as needed per game to secure some bigger wins, quite a few goals conceded as I used attacking in probably 50/50 of the games and shouting at my players to do better probably helped them after the 2nd loss, but holy **** this is unbelievable, knocking out r. madrid and taking 3 points against barca, had a few injury problems and a couple of loans come in to fill when needed.

43 Games Unbeaten!
Version 5 mate?

Version 5 mate?

Yup! Mixed all tactics in and used them as required, and subbed and swapped to attacking in games which I thought players were doing well and I was behind or needed to up the ante, likewise with timewaste, and just finished a double with an extremely edgy final. Watched all games no instant result View attachment 161318

Guys, I just want to show you some thing that can greatly boost your result and no matter what tactic you use, it just might be that not everyone know about it and use it.

Let's say you've struck with a bad run and the team's morale is "Poor"
BR1.png

Then you do to Team Meeting and cheer up the team choosing the right option for it
BR2.png

And some magic happens, almost all your players have "Green" morale after that ;)
BR3.png

P.S. Heh, I'm sure that no one would argue that doing "Team Meeting" after bad runs is must do thing in FM because it can greatly boost your result. ;)

LOL... I knew that Team Meeting can do something good for your team but didn't think that it might have such great affect :)

The filters are just "checking" that players' CA are allocated in the efficient way for the position but anyway you need to check all players that were found by filters in order to find out who is better(having higher CA).

Hey TFF,

You mentioned that there is a way to figure out which players have a higher CA without using the editors. I know it will take a lot of your time but can you at least give a hint? What are you looking at? Are you comparing the players and having a general look? Are you adding up all of their attributes and comparing the total number? Are you adding up SOME of the attributes and comparing the total number?

In other words, what should I look for when I'm buying players? What I'm doing right now is adding up the attributes in your OP for each position to decide who is better (also adding up greens in the OP seperately if the numbers are close). Is this a correct approach or absolutely incorrect?

Thanks a lot.

Hey TFF,

You mentioned that there is a way to figure out which players have a higher CA without using the editors. I know it will take a lot of your time but can you at least give a hint? What are you looking at? Are you comparing the players and having a general look? Are you adding up all of their attributes and comparing the total number? Are you adding up SOME of the attributes and comparing the total number?

In other words, what should I look for when I'm buying players? What I'm doing right now is adding up the attributes in your OP for each position to decide who is better (also adding up greens in the OP seperately if the numbers are close). Is this a correct approach or absolutely incorrect?

Thanks a lot.
+1

I'm looking forward for this guide too, you mentioned that you'll do sth like that one day :)

a new player has sign in my team, he will be coming on jan. next target is neymar

06408-2b82df68-e159-4c5c-81cd-048de4107be1.png

Hey TFF,

Thanks a lot.

Let's say you manage a top club such Barcelona, Real Madrid or Bayern and you need to find some replacement/backup for Winger/Inside Forward position and you know that the average CA of the attackers in these clubs about is 175-185 CA.

Here's how 180 CA Inside Forward looks like, as you can see at the screenshot all important attributes for Inside forward are at 17-18 level :

180_CA.png

Now let's say you manage some small mid table club in EPL such as Swansea, Southampton or West Brom and you want to find some replacement/back for Winger/Inside Forward position and you know that the average CA of the attackers in these clubs is about 135 CA.

Here's how 135 CA Inside Forward looks like, as you can see at the screenshot all important attributes for Inside forward are only at 14-15 level :

135_CA.png

You can check Vincent Kompany, he is 175 CA Central Defender, and see at what level his key attributes for Central Defender, so when you manager any top club such Barcelona, Real Madrid or Bayern then you want some like him as your central defender.

Also, you can check Maya Yoshida from Southamton, he is 130 CA Central Defender and see at what level his key attributes for Central Defender and when you mange some small mid table club in EPL then you might want someone like him as Central Defender.

Every role has Primary Attributes that are very important for it and Secondary Attributes that are also but you start look at them when the Primary Attributes are at the optimal level.

For example, I'd say that for Central Defender :

Primary Attributes :

Strength
Positioning
Marking
Concentration
Jumping Reach
Tackling
Anticipation
Aggresion
Bravery
Determination

Secondary Attributes :

Acceleration
Pace
Agility
Work Rate

You can inspect some top clubs and some small clubs and see at what level the Primary Attributes and Secondary Attributes of the central defenders at these clubs and you'll get a hint what attributes your central defenders should have when you manage a top club or a small club.

Last edited:
het tff, now mario fernades has injuerd for 9 month and schmelzer injuerd for 3 month.. it so good that i have backup. btw, mate do u know what is the ca and pa of pogba?

het tff, now mario fernades has injuerd for 9 month and schmelzer injuerd for 3 month.. it so good that i have backup. btw, mate do u know what is the ca and pa of pogba?

CA = 176, PA = 196

Btw, FMRTE hasn't been updated yet but FM Scout was updated to work with 16.3.1 so you can use it to check CA/PA.

What should you do when it stops working after a few season's? Haven't bought many new players, changed nothing, have a great team. It just feels like the AI has read the tactic. Find it incredibly hard to score for example.

What should you do when it stops working after a few season's? Haven't bought many new players, changed nothing, have a great team. It just feels like the AI has read the tactic. Find it incredibly hard to score for example.
imo u should always need to buy players in order to be more then good, btw what season are u? and what team

imo u should always need to buy players in order to be more then good, btw what season are u? and what team

Season 4 playing with Derby. My starting line-up is:

Rajkovic
Corchia - Mammana - Indi/Phil Jones - Augustinsson
Cubas
Hughes - Lincoln
Zivkovic - Costa - Lozano

I have Khedira, Brandt, Maia for example on the bench.

Season 4 playing with Derby. My starting line-up is:

Rajkovic
Corchia - Mammana - Indi/Phil Jones - Augustinsson
Cubas
Hughes - Lincoln
Zivkovic - Costa - Lozano

I have Khedira, Brandt, Maia for example on the bench.

well mate your team looks good, but i think that u should always need to improve your them, of course you to improve your team reputation in order to get better players, i am playing with dortmund second season and i am always try to improve my team, i tried to bring pogba in the start of the second season, and he didnt want to come, but now he has agree to my offer.

well mate your team looks good, but i think that u should always need to improve your them, of course you to improve your team reputation in order to get better players, i am playing with dortmund second season and i am always try to improve my team, i tried to bring pogba in the start of the second season, and he didnt want to come, but now he has agree to my offer.

Yeah true, I will try get even better players. What do you do for team talk? Let the assistant decide or?

Yeah true, I will try get even better players. What do you do for team talk? Let the assistant decide or?
i let my *** do it before the match start, and then i do it during the game, after 15 min if i play at home i go for assertive and get creative, and i if i play away i go for assertive and encourge.

Every role has Primary Attributes that are very important for it and Secondary Attributes that are also but you start look at them when the Primary Attributes are at the optimal level.

very informative thanks a lot.

so can we say that in your OP the green ones are the primaries and the white ones are the secondaries for each position? If that is true then do you think what I'm doing is correct? (adding the greens and the whites and comparing the totals)