Zlatan Ibrahimovic manages get into the DLF filter with his default attributes that he has in the 1st season but he is 33 years old and it means that he's on great decline, you said that you were in the 2nd season in your save so probably his attributes declined greatly in your save and it prevented him of getting into the DLF filter.

If you take the 1st season Wayne Rooney (CA = 155) is very good as DLF and he is better than Gary Hooper (128 = CA).
Wayne Rooney has almost all important attributes that are important DLF higher than Gary Hooper, expect, First Touch and it is the reason why he didn't managed to get into the DLF filter, his First Touch is only "11" and it's 2 points away from the minimal level that First Touch has in the DLF filter.

Yes, such situation might happen and some really good players might miss the filters only because they are missing only one attribute, for example, Olivier Giroud, also, didn’t manage to get into the DLF filter only because his was missing Agility that isn't so important attribute for DLF but his other attributes are excellent for DLF.

In order to avoid situation when the filters are missing such players as Wayne Rooney and Oliver Giroud you can reduce the "Match Condition" by 1 condition and see what players were out of the list and why, if you see that some very good players were missing only because 1 attribute that isn't such important and they are missing it only just by few points then you can also consider these players as candidates for the position.

I've already explained it many times but probably it's worth explaining once more. :)

Not all players that were found by the filters are equally good for some specific position.

For example, as you can see when you use the DLF filter it might show you the same time such striker as Gary Hooper(CA=128) and Robert Lewandowski(CA=178), it's obvious that Robert Lewandowski is much better than Gary Hooper but if you manage some small club than you can't afford to buy any 178 CA players such Robert Lewandowski and you can only afford to buy much less quality players with CA no higher than 130 so in this Gary Hooper is your choice.

The filters just show you such players that have their CA allocated in most efficient way for the position h that you looking for, for example, the lower CA players have the more important it’s allocated efficient because CA is just amount of points that players have to spend on their attributes and you want that it was spent in the attributes that are the most important for the position and when a player has low CA, speaking, other words, his doesn’t has many points to spend on his attributes so it’s very important that his points weren't spent on some useless attributes for the position.

Let's say you can only afford to buy 125 CA Winger for your team so you want that his CA was spent in the most efficient way for Winger on such attributes as Dribbling, Technique, Acceleration, Agility, Flair and some other and you don't want that it was spent on some much less useful attributes for Winger such as Strength, Jumping Reach, Tackling, Positioning, Heading and some other.

The filters are just "checking" that players' CA are allocated in the efficient way for the position but anyway you need to check all players that were found by filters in order to find out who is better(having higher CA).

Now ofc you say it it all makes more sense and ofc i know Rooney has a higher CA etc than Hooper. Maybe Rooney and Ibra were a bad choice. I'm with Dortmund 2nd season and I look at the filters for DLF and I see lots of players missing (top players) and I just always wondered about the non-filtered players vs the low CA filtered players...if that makes sesne ^.^

But I'm Dortmund with 100m's to spend so I buy who ever I want :D Always nice to ask and get a response! Thanks TFF and others!

so can we say that in your OP the green ones are the primaries and the white ones are the secondaries for each position? If that is true then do you think what I'm doing is correct? (adding the greens and the whites and comparing the totals)

Yes, that's correct.

But also please notice that the weak foot rating is very important for attackers and it also cost a lot of CA because it gives solid advantage so you might want that your attacker have no less than "Fairly Strong" rating for the weak foot.

Always nice to ask and get a response! Thanks TFF and others!

You're welcome, mate.

hey tff, mate would u play pogba as mcl or mcr?

hey tff, mate would u play pogba as mcl or mcr?

I'd say he'll do equally well at both positions.

But he is "Either" footed so if you don't have any other left footed central midfielder then you’d better use him at MCL position.

I'd say he'll do equally well at both positions.

But he is "Either" footed so if you don't have any other left footed central midfielder then you’d better use him at MCL position.

thanks mate, so mcr need to right footed or left? thanks buddy

Last edited:
i always buy this player, he is realy cheap

06408-1404366a-117b-4173-9f34-396a926e5c70.png

Yes, that's correct.

But also please notice that the weak foot rating is very important for attackers and it also cost a lot of CA because it gives solid advantage so you might want that your attacker have no less than "Fairly Strong" rating for the weak foot.

will do. thanks a ton bro.

thanks mate, so mcr need to right footed or left? thanks buddy

It's enough if your player at MCR position has at least "Fairly Strong" rating for the right foot and your player at MCL position has at least "Fairly Strong" rating for the left foot.

It's enough if your player at MCR position has at least "Fairly Strong" rating for the right foot and your player at MCL position has at least "Fairly Strong" rating for the left foot.
****, I always think that it isn't important which footed is MCR, MCL, DM and DLF

TFF, so I guess MCR should be more ofensive and right footed, MCL more defensive and left footed right?

tff thanks for this tactic and also thanks for thoese corner already score 10 goals in 19 matches in the league

Iv set opposition instructions on the tactics screen for this, however how does it then apply to the match as pre match it always asks for my instructions do i just leave this blank or fill in the fields again even though the opp instructions are set against the tactic

Iv set opposition instructions on the tactics screen for this, however how does it then apply to the match as pre match it always asks for my instructions do i just leave this blank or fill in the fields again even though the opp instructions are set against the tactic

once u set the oi it will be set also in the game

TFF, so I guess MCR should be more ofensive and right footed, MCL more defensive and left footed right?

You need 95% the same type players for MCL and MCR positions and 5% difference is that MCR might be a slightly more attacking at the expense of his defensive attributes and if his defensive attributes at very low level then it won’t be the end of the world but it's nice if your players at these positions have decent level for the defensive attributes, usually, it can be achieved only when you have access to top players with CA 175+ because only such players can have the attacking attributes at very good level and the same the defensive attributes at decent level but if you don't have accesses to such players then you need to choose between the defensive and the attacking attributes and in this case I recommend choosing the attacking attributes.

As I said at the post above MCL may not be left footed and it’s enough if he has at least "Fairly Strong" rating for the left foot and the same for MCR, he might not be right footed and it’s enough if he has at least “Fairly Strong” rating for the right foot.

Last edited:
You need 95% the same type players for MCL and MCR positions and 5% difference is that MCR might be a slightly more attacking at the expense of his defensive attributes and if his defensive attributes at very low level then it won’t be the end of the world but it's nice if your players at these positions have decent level for the defensive attributes, usually, it can be achieved only when you have access to top players with CA 175+ because only such players can have the attacking attributes at very good level and the same the defensive attributes at decent level but if you don't have accesses to such players then you need to choose between the defensive and the attacking attributes and in this case I recommend choosing the attacking attributes.

As I said at the post above MCL may not be left footed and it’s enough if he has at least "Fairly Strong" rating for the left foot and the same for MCR, he might not be right footed and it’s enough if he has at least “Fairly Strong” rating for the right foot.
I see, thx a lot

but I noticed that MCR has far better rating then MCL, scores more, have more impact at the game (and it happend during all 3 season I'm using Wrath no matter which player play at MCL or MCR), so in this case isn't it important that MCR should be better player then MCL?

do u think that foot is more important then stats considering MCL and MCR choice? let's say I have better left footed player (right foot is weak) and worse right footed player (left foot is weak). Still the better one should play as MCL and the worse one as MCR due to foot issue?

thx in advaced mate :)

but I noticed that MCR has far better rating then MCL, scores more, have more impact at the game (and it happend during all 3 season I'm using Wrath no matter which player play at MCL or MCR), so in this case isn't it important that MCR should be better player then MCL?

Heh, I don't know what you mean when you say "far better" because for me the rating of MCL and MCR positions usually differ about "0.3" at the end of season, of course, if the same quality players were used at these positions, for example, MCL might have 7.5 and MCR might have 7.8 because MCR scores slightly more but I wouldn't call it "far better". ;)

do u think that foot is more important then stats considering MCL and MCR choice? let's say I have better left footed player (right foot is weak) and worse right footed player (left foot is weak). Still the better one should play as MCL and the worse one as MCR due to foot issue?

thx in advaced mate :)

It depends on quality of players if they are 175+ CA players then I'd take their "Weak" rating but if they are only 135 CA then I wouldn't accept their "Weak" rating.

Heh, I don't know what you mean when you say "far better" because for me the rating of MCL and MCR positions usually differ about "0.3" at the end of season, of course, if the same quality players were used at these positions, for example, MCL might have 7.5 and MCR might have 7.8 because MCR scores slightly more but I wouldn't call it "far better". ;)
for me the difference is about 7.8 for MCR vs 7.2 for MCL, about 0.5-0.7 at the end of every season

It depends on quality of players if they are 175+ CA players then I'd take their "Weak" rating but if they are only 135 CA then I wouldn't accept their "Weak" rating.
let's say the better one with "wrong" foot is 135CA, the second one with "proper" foot is 120CA

in this case I used better player as MCR and worse player as MCL, don't care about foot issue so far

let's say the better one with "wrong" foot is 135CA, the second one with "proper" foot is 120CA

in this case I used better player as MCR and worse player as MCL, don't care about foot issue so far

Mate, if you are talking about 120-130 CA players then you play in some low reputation league where all that "micro" things aren't important at all because you will be dominating such league with just any good tactic and more or less suited players for it.

You need all that "micro" stuff only when you are building team to dominate one of the strongest leagues in the game such as LIGA BBVA or English Primer League and if you're playing with 120-130 CA players in such leagues then I suggest that you don't bother with such questions that you asked because you'll change these 120-130 CA players for better players very soon and you really don't win much optimizing your team at this stage because the effect from it would be hardly noticeable. :)