Ive been playing as Man Utd in my first FM11 save and im now 3rd (P 17, W 12, D 3, L 2) and ive been using a boring 4-4-2 and getting mostly 1-0/2-1 wins, so Ill give this one a go and see how it works, cheers.

Okay well this formations has been ***** for me so far. 1-1 with Arsenal at home, then a 2-0 thumping by Liverpool away...what should I do..?

You can't judge it after two matches. You should be a bit more patient ;)

great tactic!won the euro cup n legue cup as man city.now 2nd season with over 200+ mil signing.should be able to win :]

You can't judge it after two matches. You should be a bit more patient ;)

Hahah Wow, your right. Straight after this I beat Newcastle 6-0 Away :D

Any recommended signings for the positions ? And is it better to use Berba or Hernandez up front ? (In 1st Season btw)

Hahah Wow, your right. Straight after this I beat Newcastle 6-0 Away :D

Any recommended signings for the positions ? And is it better to use Berba or Hernandez up front ? (In 1st Season btw)

For me as you can tell from the screenshots Hernandez was much more prolific scoring a goal a game. But you should win with anyone good enough to play for Manchester United ;) Who you sign is really up to you, there are no real necessities.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

great tactic!won the euro cup n legue cup as man city.now 2nd season with over 200+ mil signing.should be able to win :]

Thanks a lot mate, glad you're enjoying it!

Update: Defiantly not smooth, as ive had **** results against the lower teams, knocked out of the FA cup by f*ckin' Bolton and almost Knocked out of the CL by Panathinaikos (lost 2-0 away then from 1-0 down at home came back 4-1 !) Ive noticed that I struggle against the teams who pitch the same formation as me, interesting. Ive also noticed that Ive been conceding more than I was with 4-4-2. So, Any help for me peeps ?

Win 2 titles in Bundesliga with Leverkusen....1 ECC ...brilliant what else can I say?!...

How would you think this would work with PSG? Using Wally's update so they have loads of cash ( :D ), signed a few top players. Will line up probably with Bodmer/Poli & Fellani in CM, Ganso at AMC, Neymar on the left, Nene on the right, Gameiro/Hoarau up top.

This is probably the best tactic out there, won every trophy for 4 years in a row :DCavani has scored 250 goals in 4.5 seasons

This is probably the best tactic out there, won every trophy for 4 years in a row :DCavani has scored 250 goals in 4.5 seasons

Wow! That is ****** nice!

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

How would you think this would work with PSG? Using Wally's update so they have loads of cash ( :D ), signed a few top players. Will line up probably with Bodmer/Poli & Fellani in CM, Ganso at AMC, Neymar on the left, Nene on the right, Gameiro/Hoarau up top.

It sounds like it could work ;)

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

I've created a variation of this tactic and I am currently testing it out using Bayern Munich. Going to see if it will work well both attacking/defensively and in terms of results. Only played the 1 league match vs Frankfurt so far and won 2-0, created 4 CCC's and my players made a total of 16 key passes. Looks promising so far, I'll keep you updated.

i can test this on any team if you want

It's alright, it's only a slight variation of the current tactic so there's not much to test. I'm just hoping that it yields some kind of improvement however I think it's not too different!

i dont know how you did it man but this sucks for me and i used it with a few teams

Hi Mr Xenon, i am very exited about this tac, i want to congratulate you on making what i believe is the best tactic of fm11.3. Also in previous fm versions i was always looking for tactics plug and play and every fm i found the best ones. This version is tricky however but the search end here i believe. I tested every tactic on this forum and also the ones on the si games forum. There is no other tactic that produces the consistency that you have in this tac.

Before people come with critics i want you people to know that i micromanage every detail from player morale to player training for the tactic to have the best surface to succeed. I also analize the tac to get the best kind of players in the right positions. I also watch the matches for a long time to see the player movements before making conclusion.

My conclusion and review of this tac:
The 2 CM players are the most important part of the tactic, if you do not have the right kind of CM player then posession will drop and you will allow some teams to overrun you in the middle. That is why you need hardworking CM's , the kind of players that xenon uses. (Darren Fletcher type) Its even better if they have good decission making and passing. I tell you why.
They are put on ultra defensive and have high closing down. This means they will most likely win the ball back but also use it sensible, because of the ultra defensive mentality they will always look for safe option to pass wich will add to possession. If they have good decissions they will know when to pass and if they have high passing they will have better options to choose from to pass. Because tactic has 2 wingers and an AMC the options for this kind of players are usually plentifull in front making the tactic link up in perfect harmony with the other compartiments. This is the main strength of the tactic!

Player positional requirements for best effect:
GK: shot stopper, doesent need kicking as he is set to deliver to defenders.
Full backs: Has to be balanced in defending and attacking, they move up as the ball is passed up front and sometimes when they get the ball they launch the occasional cross.
CB's:Ideally fast paced ball playing defenders, but good passing not necessary. I usually set up one slower and faster CB together but always make sure that slower CB has +12 acceleration and pace.
CM's: As explained above, do not waste money on cheap ones, buy the best you can buy.
AMC: Probably most important position after CM's, needs creativity,flair ,decissions, passing, first touch, dribbling. Should be easy to find. Will turn into assist machine on this tac. (paulo henrique, javier pastore)
AML/R: inside forward type are best but normal winger also work, helps if they have good passing and need to be very fast acceleration and pace.
STC: Strong and fast clinical striker type, not easy to find unless you have money to spend. (Rooney type)

Weaknesses of this tac:
Very poor set pieces, can improve much on attacking corners.
CM's get tired faster then other players, often will fall victim to injuries because the high closing down.

The set pieces can be fixed easely.
For the CM's my advice is to have enough cover for them on the bench and to find players with high natural fitness and stamina, that is usually a good indication to how injurie prone a player is.

But the positives far outweight the negatives here as this tactic will create a high ammount of chances and have most ball posession, only in rare cases you will lose but the stats will mostly be in your favour.

Hi Mr Xenon, i am very exited about this tac, i want to congratulate you on making what i believe is the best tactic of fm11.3. Also in previous fm versions i was always looking for tactics plug and play and every fm i found the best ones. This version is tricky however but the search end here i believe. I tested every tactic on this forum and also the ones on the si games forum. There is no other tactic that produces the consistency that you have in this tac.

Before people come with critics i want you people to know that i micromanage every detail from player morale to player training for the tactic to have the best surface to succeed. I also analize the tac to get the best kind of players in the right positions. I also watch the matches for a long time to see the player movements before making conclusion.

My conclusion and review of this tac:
The 2 CM players are the most important part of the tactic, if you do not have the right kind of CM player then posession will drop and you will allow some teams to overrun you in the middle. That is why you need hardworking CM's , the kind of players that xenon uses. (Darren Fletcher type) Its even better if they have good decission making and passing. I tell you why.
They are put on ultra defensive and have high closing down. This means they will most likely win the ball back but also use it sensible, because of the ultra defensive mentality they will always look for safe option to pass wich will add to possession. If they have good decissions they will know when to pass and if they have high passing they will have better options to choose from to pass. Because tactic has 2 wingers and an AMC the options for this kind of players are usually plentifull in front making the tactic link up in perfect harmony with the other compartiments. This is the main strength of the tactic!

Player positional requirements for best effect:
GK: shot stopper, doesent need kicking as he is set to deliver to defenders.
Full backs: Has to be balanced in defending and attacking, they move up as the ball is passed up front and sometimes when they get the ball they launch the occasional cross.
CB's:Ideally fast paced ball playing defenders, but good passing not necessary. I usually set up one slower and faster CB together but always make sure that slower CB has +12 acceleration and pace.
CM's: As explained above, do not waste money on cheap ones, buy the best you can buy.
AMC: Probably most important position after CM's, needs creativity,flair ,decissions, passing, first touch, dribbling. Should be easy to find. Will turn into assist machine on this tac. (paulo henrique, javier pastore)
AML/R: inside forward type are best but normal winger also work, helps if they have good passing and need to be very fast acceleration and pace.
STC: Strong and fast clinical striker type, not easy to find unless you have money to spend. (Rooney type)

Weaknesses of this tac:
Very poor set pieces, can improve much on attacking corners.
CM's get tired faster then other players, often will fall victim to injuries because the high closing down.

The set pieces can be fixed easely.
For the CM's my advice is to have enough cover for them on the bench and to find players with high natural fitness and stamina, that is usually a good indication to how injurie prone a player is.

But the positives far outweight the negatives here as this tactic will create a high ammount of chances and have most ball posession, only in rare cases you will lose but the stats will mostly be in your favour.

Thanks a lot. I couldn't have put this any better. I appreciate the post and yeah I think you have it spot on, even down to the weaknesses. However I feel that the corners are pretty good. I yielding a lot of goals using Jonny Evans from corners if you look in the original post. I'm curious though as to which version of the tactic you have been using? However I don't think there is too much variation between either of them.

Xenon

When will you be posting your new tactic? Hopeully soon as I would love to try it.

Steve