You Know You're Obsessed With Football Manager If...

when you are sitting in front of your pc and have to put on your earphones, barely breathe and hope your girlfriend does not wake up at 3am from the brightness of the screen while putting up a mountain of pillows in front of her to prevent all of this... :p

When you watch your team on the TV wondering where the **** the new signing from Croatia is then realizing 5 minutes later that the transfer happened in FM.

When you commentate on the game yourself.
When you pretend your on Gillete Soccer Saturday, by using goal updates from Match Day Info.

When you post in FM-Base.
Tell me who's not addicted to FM here? TELL ME!!! and I'll slap him till he does.

When you try to talk other people into playing Football manager!

when your arch enemys are 'invalid token not well formed' and 'crash dumps'

Last edited:
(referring to Cm3&4)

when you friends say "you still watching those little ******* dots running around the screen" and you reply "**** you, its a lifestyle"

When you realize that West Brom didnt actually win the league in real life. :(

I have done most of those things which makes me want to cut back on my playtime now.

I did #1 last Friday with Wijnaldum against Boro.

#3 and #14 are my most frequent.

9) Your fat friend has played as all the good teams and decides to take control of a team like Dongguan from somewhere like Hong Kong.

hahahaahah!

Had to laugh at #49, yes I am currently running fm in another window! To be fair, I have done a lot of the things on the list (even the weird ones)

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Also, I'd add ....You know you're obsessed with fm if...you decide to push back plans in favour of FM (in my case, Sanremese's battle against relegation was more important than cleaning my room and unpacking my clothes today)

Your GCSE coursework is due in the next day and you've been playing against Cardiff in the Play-Off final....

I actually did this.
I used to always play as Parma on CM3 (98-99) and have done so on every SI game since.
Iv even gone so far as to travel to Italy to see them play.
Guess this makes me an addict. (H)

I'm one that supports Parma due their great squad at CM3, Stanic was lethal!!! :D

When you watch your team on the TV wondering where the **** the new signing from Croatia is then realizing 5 minutes later that the transfer happened in FM.

Croatia? You mean like me?

If you have xfire and you play fm all night just to have more xfire hours...

If you are able to teach your girlfriend how to play fm and than she kicks your ***...

when guiding a regen to a succesful career is more important than your own career

When you get excited when you see a player in a new save who has the same name as your star player in an old save and realasing the new one is ****...

When you get extremely attached to the players who you've had since very first pre season game, who have got you promoted to the prem, won you the FA Cup, got you into Europe, forget to renew their contracts, they leave on a free after you save.....leaving you feeling utterly dejected and frankly shallow inside. The other half asks you why you look like you're about to cry, you tell her why, gives you a "you sad *******" look, and she leaves you alone in the room so you can wallow in your self induced misery :$

When you question how pop stars are playing for the manutd select 11 and think its 'unrealistic' because it can't happen in fm

When you try to talk other people into playing Football manager!

I have actually done this and now 8 people including me are competing to be the first to win the champ league in the shortest time poss.

One other thing I've done to make sure I get to play fm is deleting my gf's save on Sims 3 so she'll have to start again and leave ma alone for a few hours, ah happy times