You Know You're Obsessed With Football Manager If...

When every transfer/goal/important piece of news from your save is posted into FM-Base's IRC Room |) 8-|

possibly already said but e-mailing a work colleague with full details about your save

When you have to sprint to write something down because you've thought of a new signing/tactic
When you endlessy write your first team down on a piece of paper

...you get confused with real life transfer news and FM transfers.

I answered yes for 8/10/11 I've thought about doing/12/14/15/20/24/27/28/30/31 but for Scotland and Belgium/34/35/40 using words like Rigid and Fluid/43/44.

Last edited:
when the pub conversation turns from real football to fm, and the level of participation in said conversation goes from about 10 people to just you and one other. Lots of head shaking and tutting follows.

When your friends are fed up of hearing that Babacar and Sanogo are going to be superstars one day....

when you keep on telling everyone that your real life team HAS TO buy verratti because, you know, he's great on FM
when you otherwise tell your friends that buying nilmar in real life would be a waste of money cause, you know, on my villareal save he was terrible
when you see david pizarro keeping the ball too much and you think "why the f**k the manager doesn't ask him to stop doing this in a private conversation?"
when your mum keeps saying that balotelli is from milan and you tell her "ffs mum, FM states he's born in palermo"

and the list could go on...

When you have a gcse electronics exam the next morning but still feel the need to stay up till half two to guide altrincham into the championship :)

I hate it when you start yelling at the PC 'just kick the f*cking ball'

Last edited:
whenever you get bored of success at your own club and decide to take over a local rival in a lower league (out of charity)... then, it has probably gone too far.

I banned myself from FM for a month when I took over Coventry :p

you can tell when watching the 3d match engine that someone is going to be sent off by a bad tackle before the referee has awaarded it

I sign a player just because he is not English and hope he will be good

I keep my best player on the pitch wether he plays terribly or not

I know so many people who do this. Your best player or your faviourite player is untouch able. In fact i have this senario, My Best player was Santi Carzola and he go injured in trainning my Simon KJaer so i sold Kjaer the next month.

746 hours game time :p But i do leave it on over weekends sometimes with fm still running lol

When you use the phrase 'but he's **** hot on football manager' to defend a player in real life, without a trace of irony.

When you get up an hour early to squeeze in a 3rd round league cup match before work (and then spend the next 12 hours quietly fuming at your desk because you lost).

When a good player in football manager turns out to be average in real life, it's reality's fault, not the game.

When your new line-up / tactic / wish list isn't just scrawled on the back of an envelope, it's typed up neatly in Word, printed out and filed in the relevant section of the ring-binder next to your computer.

(I am guilty of all of the above)

if ........ when you get a late goal on fm you celebrate like crazy

When you announce the attendance/lineup/goal announcements etc in the style of the announcer at your club.

Really ashamed to admit that...

When you find yourself accidentally supporting Wales instead of England cause in the FM game thats on at the same time, your team is in red against a team in white

When you see Ashley Youngs goal and look back at the laptop screen and find yourself confused why a replay of the goal isn't being shown.

I can't tell whats real any more oO)

Thinking of a class player to sign who's good in real life then going on football manager and finding his attributes are ****.

you scout weird countries, just because you know the best regens come from there