Your very first manager game you played as a child?

CM 98 and LMA 2003
Considering I'm 16 I take the CM98 as some achievement that I actually knew what I was doing

Last edited:
ChampMan 97/98 was mine. The one with the 7 big green boxes on the main menu and the amazingly easy data editor (even for a 13 year old) 8-|

Ibrahima Bakayoko was a beast!!!

I'm trying.. How the fudge does this thing work?

yup, Football Manager when it first came out on the Commodore 64. 35 years old, and I still remember it well. ah, the good old cassette drives lol

yup, Football Manager when it first came out on the Commodore 64. 35 years old, and I still remember it well. ah, the good old cassette drives lol

shittin ****. a forgot about that one. i played that once on me mates C64 i think. that the one with the crazy bloke on the front? very vague tho. classing CM97/98 as my 1st a think

Premier Manager 3 deluxe (you could edit data at the start of every season ) i think this was my first on the PC shortly followed by CM 97/98

i had a couple of premier manager games on megadrive

sensible world of soccer for me on the amiga,think it was around 94 - 95,was hooked straight away after seeing and playing it spent many nights and days on it,thats were it all started for me,was an great game! :D

even the great Danny Wallace in someones above me avatar was probably in it too ;)

revolutionry graphics lol

Last edited:
the orginal lma manager, i loved whenever there was a cup draw and there would be a fat bould bloke pulling balls out of his top hat legendary :p

shittin ****. a forgot about that one. i played that once on me mates C64 i think. that the one with the crazy bloke on the front? very vague tho. classing CM97/98 as my 1st a think

This one?

footballmanager.jpg

Wasted all my youth first with the Kevin Tom's game, then followed by Sensible Soccer (yeah i know, not a manager game) and the original Champ Manager. Had to leave the game for 45 minutes at the start of the season so it could sort the data out. Even now I sometimes hold the spacebar down hoping to speed the game up.

Wasted all my youth first with the Kevin Tom's game, then followed by Sensible Soccer (yeah i know, not a manager game) and the original Champ Manager. Had to leave the game for 45 minutes at the start of the season so it could sort the data out. Even now I sometimes hold the spacebar down hoping to speed the game up.

ey?it was a manager game,you could manage your team and play the matches yourself,i use to just manage

no it wo defo a champman. the bloke was older and reyt big on the front. might av been on the amiga then. need to find that one. let me av a look. lol

found it. this one ------> View attachment 122901

Last edited:
can anyone beat this?
i used to play it all the time at my grandads as he had the demo to serria football manager 1998 (i forgot the name btw it was something like football manager but cant remember it exactly)

I think the game you are talking about is a game called ultimate soccer manager 98 that was a brilliant game.

sensible soccer and its a beautiful game were my first foray into these kinda games on amiga, and i got a pc just as the cm97/98 demo was released, then i got the proper game, so that was my first cm/fm game :)

bakayoko :wub: we used to run around being ronaldo, vieri and bakayoko on the field on break at school 8-| cm97/98 legends.

Last edited:
Premier Manager 3 deluxe (you could edit data at the start of every season ) i think this was my first on the PC shortly followed by CM 97/98

i had a couple of premier manager games on megadrive

I just had fun with the editor a few nights ago, gave woking all the best players in the game ^^), I really didn't like PM on the mega drive always went against you for some reason :(

on the side note does anyone remember these little gem, have to go into my VMfusion for them to work

FIFA Soccer manager

View attachment 124139

View attachment 124140

View attachment 124141

View attachment 124142

Premier Manager '97

View attachment 124143

View attachment 124144

View attachment 124145

View attachment 124146

i can remember Prem Manager 97. that wo class. can always remember getting fulham from Div 3 to prem with Chris Coleman in the heart of defence. lol