Your very first manager game you played as a child?

Wow, people here has played some old games :S
My first management game was like, Career Mode in FIFA 2005? I wasn't that interested in management until FM 2011, when I was instantly hooked (H)

first manager game

the 1st football manager game i ever played was football manager by kevin tomms lol
the original game on the comodore 64 i think it was after that it was champ manager 93
wow im showing my age now lmao

My very first management game was football director on the amstrad 464 by d&h games those where the days!

Wow, people here has played some old games :S
My first management game was like, Career Mode in FIFA 2005? I wasn't that interested in management until FM 2011, when I was instantly hooked (H)

try Total club manager mate :)

My first was 'Soccer Boss' on the Spectrum 128k. Wait 10 mins for the tape to load and then take over one of about 20 teams but always ending up with the exact same players anyway.

Fantastic fun at the time, but the sam things always happened to the same no. player in the same week of the season. In week 4 your star CB Serpell would break his leg, so you'd swap him out for that week with your crappest player and have him come a cropper instead.

Oh, and the delights of taking your team for a break in Bognor Regis!

always been into manager games.... 1st i can remember was a spectrum game called 'on the ball'....then i remember kenny dalglish player manager.

have had all the champ manager games from the beginning.... even the italian league version which was awesome!

it was the old FIFA Manager demo, i think it was called Total Manager 2004 or something? i've got no idea, it came free with FIFA 2004 for the PC :)

can anyone beat this?
i used to play it all the time at my grandads as he had the demo to serria football manager 1998 (i forgot the name btw it was something like football manager but cant remember it exactly)

I THINK I KNOW IT IS IT ULTIMATE SOCCER MANAGER 1998 BY SIERRA?! if it was that was THE best manager game EVER!

USM98_screenshot.jpg

489421-usm98_3_super.jpg

Amazing memories of that genius of a game.

Last edited:
first one i played was my brothers USM2
ultimate soccer manager 2 was from the 96-97 season and you could play either england, france or german leagues. still one of the best managment sims i have played, fm is only slightly better but if it used some of the feature this game had then wow.

had pm98
and total club manager 03
first fm in 2005
then 08,09,10,11

thats all :)

My first game was Championship manager 97-98, great game and still fun to play from time to time although LMA Manager 2003 will always be my favourite. It's a shame they don't make it anymore as it would of provided good competition for FM especially with the capablities of the PS3 and XBOX 360. That sort of competition could only make FM better

can anyone beat this?
i used to play it all the time at my grandads as he had the demo to serria football manager 1998 (i forgot the name btw it was something like football manager but cant remember it exactly)
i never played this version but i had the season before. i actually have a copy of USM2 that people can dwnload and play on windows using a dos emulator