Zyndar's Tactic Lounge - 1 striker formations

• Thread starter Thread starter zyndar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 383
  • Views Views 203K
Hello guys, hello Zyndar

I'm playing with Marseille and I've changed my tactic during the first season for this one.
Up until now it's ok but not the *** kicking tac that everyone is talking about here.

I've played 16 matches with it, won 10, drew 2 and lost 4.

I've never beated a team 5-0, only 3-1, 3-2, 2-1 or 1-0

I got a huge possession (around 60%) a lot of shots (between 15 and 25) but mostly off target.

My team is not the best in the world, I know that, but it's decent anyway.

So do you have any advices to help me the finish the season well (I'm currently 4th in february) ?
Or is it normal, I can't expect more from this tactic and from my players ?

Thank you !

Where are you not winning most of the matches, home or away? Try to play on control mentality.

Thanks for your answer

I've lost 3 times away against Bastia (1-1p) Nice and Lyon (1-0) and once home against PSG (2-1) after leading the score. Each time (except Bastia) I was an outsider.

Do you think it's better to play with Joker defensive when I'm away againt a bigger squad ?

Usually I'll try to lead and then play defensive during the last 30 minutes cause sometimes my players seemed to be not enough focused on their defense (3 times I was leading 3-0 and finished at 3-2 completly under pressure).
From the bench I told them to stay focus, to care about at their positions or to show what they can do.
Luckily it worked but I didn't felt a complete control on the game.

I'll try with control mentality.

Hey Zyndar

After 7 matches with control mentality, I didn't noticed a spectacular change.

I won 4, drew 1 and lost 2 away against LOSC and Nancy (the last team of the league !)

I think one of my problem came from my strikers. They are ****…

I got Bafétimbi Gomis (18m/7 goals), Diafra Sakho, arrived this winter (7m/0g) and the young Kuki as a sub, (11m/5g)
This is not enough, particulary for Sakho, I was expecting a lot from him and he's playing so bad.
Clinton N'jie never scored too, so I put him in the B team

The rest of the team is scoring (34m/54g) but I don't know if you got tips for strikers cause I'm not really happy to see my players missing so many opportunities.

Thanks

Hey Zyndar

After 7 matches with control mentality, I didn't noticed a spectacular change.

I won 4, drew 1 and lost 2 away against LOSC and Nancy (the last team of the league !)

I think one of my problem came from my strikers. They are ****…

I got Bafétimbi Gomis (18m/7 goals), Diafra Sakho, arrived this winter (7m/0g) and the young Kuki as a sub, (11m/5g)
This is not enough, particulary for Sakho, I was expecting a lot from him and he's playing so bad.
Clinton N'jie never scored too, so I put him in the B team

The rest of the team is scoring (34m/54g) but I don't know if you got tips for strikers cause I'm not really happy to see my players missing so many opportunities.

Thanks

Play with the role of the striker. Try DLFa or CFa.

I noticed most of my midfielders are adv playmakers or box to box. and DM position as anchor man. so i changed the roles a bit.

but done this in my third season and i got some quality players.

anyway, i changed HB to Anchor Man Defend.

Left MC to AP (a )
Right MC to BBM ( s )
DLF to CF (s )

and team mentality to Control.

needless to say, it proved a hit. I broke all the records. possession dropped a bit but still in the right side of the 55% but more shots and more shots on target, less conceded. Though my players are now world beaters that would also contribute to the results.

I noticed most of my midfielders are adv playmakers or box to box. and DM position as anchor man. so i changed the roles a bit.

but done this in my third season and i got some quality players.

anyway, i changed HB to Anchor Man Defend.

Left MC to AP (a )
Right MC to BBM ( s )
DLF to CF (s )

and team mentality to Control.

needless to say, it proved a hit. I broke all the records. possession dropped a bit but still in the right side of the 55% but more shots and more shots on target, less conceded. Though my players are now world beaters that would also contribute to the results.

Do you mind share your team and results?

e

@zyndar could you make some defensife tactick like Atletico or Spurs cuz FM17 is lacking of tactick like that with good organised defense?Any formation

Last edited:
@zyndar could you make some defensife tactick like Atletico or Spurs cuz FM17 is lacking of tactick like that with good organised defense?Any formation

I have some ideas on the 4-4-2 played by Atletico, but what do you mean on Spurs defensive tactic?

Spurs are playing organized defence not allowing many goals evrytactic on this forum is super offensive for me it is better to win 1:0 then 4-2 if you could make it suitible for underdogs that would be great?

The 4-4-2 in theory.

2410150-20161205-ABVaIu.png

View attachment 116043 View attachment 116042

I like this one, is it stronger than Hannibal in your oppinion?

I've only tested for 15 matches in Mr. L's league, so really don't know.

My first impressions were:

- it is very strong defensively
- can score a lot against opponents who are not playing defensive/counter football
- can struggle to score against teams who are playing defensive/counter football

Important to note I've used with a team of players having CA 145. It would be great if any of you could test it and share opinion.

i am running the test of MR L at the moment with this tactic both CA 145 and CA120 will post how it works.
I would suggest to create one control and standard tactic with this counter because last year Franky from sigames forum nailed it using the 3 variations of his tactic

I took this tactic and added some OI to the goalkeeper. I also implemented long throw and got some throwers with at least 14 in long throw, and trained them with bullet throw...just like fm 15. The effect is absolutely amazing, and we got a beast of a tactic here!

I took this tactic and added some OI to the goalkeeper. I also implemented long throw and got some throwers with at least 14 in long throw, and trained them with bullet throw...just like fm 15. The effect is absolutely amazing, and we got a beast of a tactic here!

Come on mate, screenshot of results? :) Match stats, goals analysis etc. I guess you are talking about the counter 4-4-2.

ive created a tweaked version of tff's warlord in my southend save to try and make it a 2 striker tactic so am very interested in your new 442.I see u mention zyndar that it can struggle against teams counter attacking/defensive so was thinking whether changing full backs to complete wingbacks attacking would help?

ive created a tweaked version of tff's warlord in my southend save to try and make it a 2 striker tactic so am very interested in your new 442.I see u mention zyndar that it can struggle against teams counter attacking/defensive so was thinking whether changing full backs to complete wingbacks attacking would help?

I think not only this would be needed, but also mentality and D-line change. Maybe FBsu to FBa ( should be enough ), D line to normal and mentality to standard at least.

Back