14.3 NEAR PERFECT 4231 by andrichbrand:

• Thread starter Thread starter andrichbrand
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 634
  • Views Views 355K
there ain't a v9 on front page is it somewhere in these 49 pages lol

andrichbrand. In all honesty there is sod all I could improve bar the set pieces. Even then, that's negligible. An outstanding body of work.

I am using it home and away now in all my saves, with minor tweaks based on OP. Ditched all my tactics lol.

What tactic r u using?
Thanks!

HAHAHA OKAY.... The latest version that is out is v4. It is the second file from the top in the Opening Post at the bottom.

To be honest, I dont look at that. Just stay away from the "shoot at sight" and "first attemp shots" and "shoot for distance".

I'd add to that don't have both DMs with the PPM "gets forward whenever possible", can leave you exposed at the back. I've found one with and one without works fine though.

Infuriating!

I Love football managers, however, creating a tactic is simply too frustrating, I've tried about 6 tactics so far, tried both your v3, and now trying your v4.

Would link a screenshot of why i'm frustrated, however first time on the forum and I generally don't write on forums.

Managed to get the tactic fluid before the season started, and I'm on my third season with Middlesbrough, I was promoted in my first season and I've only just survived relegation the last two.

Anyway, that's the backstory, I've bought players to fit the tactic and I was ready to start, then...

drew 2-2 Leicester, away.
drew 3-3 Swansea, home.
Lost 3-4 Port Vale, away.
Lost 4-6 Hulll, away.
drew 3-3 West Brom, home.
Lost 1-3 Man city, home.
drew, 3-3 Leeds, away.

I'm scoring for fun, but conceding a ton, most of these matches I've been ahead and then suddenly everyones just decided to go home before the end of the match or something.

I'm not blaming you or flaming, I'm just frustrated, I'm baffled at how people are actually consistently having a team that performs.

I'm not new to FM, I've played for years and I eventually find a tactic and I love finding players to fit the tactic and moulding a team around it, however I just simply cannot find one for FM2014 and I'm considering giving up and playing 2013 again.

I guess I'm being too vague for someone to give me advice on what I'm doing wrong, its just frustrating that I can't seem to emulate previous FM's, or other peoples results, if it wasn't for you guys saying that a plug and play does work, I'd of gave up a long time ago and put it down to plug 'n plays simply don't work on this years version.

I Love football managers, however, creating a tactic is simply too frustrating, I've tried about 6 tactics so far, tried both your v3, and now trying your v4.

Would link a screenshot of why i'm frustrated, however first time on the forum and I generally don't write on forums.

Managed to get the tactic fluid before the season started, and I'm on my third season with Middlesbrough, I was promoted in my first season and I've only just survived relegation the last two.

Anyway, that's the backstory, I've bought players to fit the tactic and I was ready to start, then...

drew 2-2 Leicester, away.
drew 3-3 Swansea, home.
Lost 3-4 Port Vale, away.
Lost 4-6 Hulll, away.
drew 3-3 West Brom, home.
Lost 1-3 Man city, home.
drew, 3-3 Leeds, away.

I'm scoring for fun, but conceding a ton, most of these matches I've been ahead and then suddenly everyones just decided to go home before the end of the match or something.

I'm not blaming you or flaming, I'm just frustrated, I'm baffled at how people are actually consistently having a team that performs.

I'm not new to FM, I've played for years and I eventually find a tactic and I love finding players to fit the tactic and moulding a team around it, however I just simply cannot find one for FM2014 and I'm considering giving up and playing 2013 again.

I guess I'm being too vague for someone to give me advice on what I'm doing wrong, its just frustrating that I can't seem to emulate previous FM's, or other peoples results, if it wasn't for you guys saying that a plug and play does work, I'd of gave up a long time ago and put it down to plug 'n plays simply don't work on this years version.
On v4 you should not concede that much.

This is what I do: Assistant or your best coach with defence do the OI, add "Shorter Passing" and "Drop Deeper"

Edit: If that doesn't work, Then maybe this tactic is not for you.

since that chat had another 4 matches, lost 3, just drawn against cardiff 2-2.

Attacking, it's the best I've seen yet.

I'm going to try those adjustments.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my woes.

since that chat had another 4 matches, lost 3, just drawn against cardiff 2-2.

Attacking, it's the best I've seen yet.

I'm going to try those adjustments.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my woes.
Not a problem mate. If your defence are really back then go counter.

Continuing to have a horrid time, interestingly, 19th in the league, second top goals scored, conceded the most however.

Will finish the season with the tactic, and try and strengthen my defence in January.

I'm adamant the fault is with me, after seeing the testimonials of everyone else having a good time with this tactic.

Continuing to have a horrid time, interestingly, 19th in the league, second top goals scored, conceded the most however.

Will finish the season with the tactic, and try and strengthen my defence in January.

I'm adamant the fault is with me, after seeing the testimonials of everyone else having a good time with this tactic.
Some tactics work for some teams and some dont work, it is just the way the game work.

Andrichbrand, would you still consider these tips worthwhile in your latest version ?

1.For AI with 1 striker and 2 winger, in OI take their winger : tackle hard, tight mark, show into weak foot, and closing down. That will reduce the hellplay of their winger
2.I use left ss with right footed player, right ss with left footed. that will make openplay worked much better, because if u use L SS with LF and R SS with RF, they do more run and shot rather than passing, it quite break the tikitaka play 4 me. With L SS with RF and R SS with LF, they will automatically do less run with ball and less **** shot.
3. Team talk very important, don't forget that, cause it can change the workrate of the player.

Andrichbrand, would you still consider these tips worthwhile in your latest version ?

1.For AI with 1 striker and 2 winger, in OI take their winger : tackle hard, tight mark, show into weak foot, and closing down. That will reduce the hellplay of their winger
2.I use left ss with right footed player, right ss with left footed. that will make openplay worked much better, because if u use L SS with LF and R SS with RF, they do more run and shot rather than passing, it quite break the tikitaka play 4 me. With L SS with RF and R SS with LF, they will automatically do less run with ball and less **** shot.
3. Team talk very important, don't forget that, cause it can change the workrate of the player.
All of that should still work and can be applied.

I am asking because i didnt really see alot of longshots from any of the SS's as claimed earlier. I was just curious, thanks anyway

V4 going quite well with Watford only played 5 games tactic not yet fluid won 4 drawn 1 should of won the drawn 1 battered derby coundnt score but a couple of the games could of gone either way my keeper has just won player of the month Mr Bond lol. The championship is really hard loads of decent teams if anybody has 500k get Thomas Drage the guy is a beast in the championship. Anyone head of a kid from Watford Alex Jakubiak too Deeney is injured so hes come in only 17 not bad stats but hes quality too

Back