4-2-3-1 Wingers Paradise , Bringing back the lone striker(25+goals)

• Thread starter Thread starter Mohin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 440
  • Views Views 190K
isn't it a worry that in 2019 with that squad who's had time to gel you concede over 40 goals in a season?

is there a new version with good attack better defense

isn't it a worry that in 2019 with that squad who's had time to gel you concede over 40 goals in a season?

is there a new version with good attack better defense

The last season i conceded only 32 and in the new save with arsenal i conceded 1 in 7 so far. So not really, when the team is scoring 100+ every season. Most of those goals are the customary consolations the AI gifts the opposition in results like 4-1, 6-1, 6-2 and so on. I might score 5 from 35 shots but the AI will score 1 from their only shot, thats how ****** up this ME is. So No i'm not worried.

View attachment 355881
so far so good.
had a game where pastore (left wing) scoring 5 goals.

but the next game couldn't score any. higuain having problem to score.

using alt v3. wp!! can't score much

View attachment 644692
so far so good.
had a game where pastore (left wing) scoring 5 goals.

but the next game couldn't score any. higuain having problem to score.

using alt v3. wp!! can't score much

Nice results. Well V3 is supposed to be an alternate tactic, use whichever works best for you. for me WP!! worked superb in Serie A. You could try going control on WP!! to score more goals, i changed mentality a lot when in need of goals, check OP for instructions regarding mentality.
If Higuain has a problem to score try different roles, using DLF(s) will work well if you have really good wingers, he will make a lot of goals for the wingers that way. OR you can try AF(a) if you want him to score more as well as assist.

I'm using the basic 'wingers paradise' and is going really good but i have one problem, my strikers are not scoring enough.

sFNTFbO.png

oBtwnv8.png

What can i do to improve that?

WP!! is probably one of the better 4-2-3-1 tactics out there (if not, the best).

Still looking for a high scoring 4-2-4 (2 holding mids and the rest all out attack). :)

I'm using the basic 'wingers paradise' and is going really good but i have one problem, my strikers are not scoring enough.

sFNTFbO.png

oBtwnv8.png

What can i do to improve that?
Same advice as i gave in the previous post regarding Higuain.
You could also try a few games without retain possession and see if it works. This will lead to more chances created for the ST.
Also i notices you are playing Thauvin on the right, he has a reasonable right foot not recommended for assisting the forward, he will score a lot but should assist the striker more if he has a strong right foot, i recommend get someone like Rodrigo Gomez or Augustin Allione to play on the right and have Thauvin Left. And Knockaert isnt a natural winger, How is he doing.

Last edited:
WP!! is probably one of the better 4-2-3-1 tactics out there (if not, the best).

Still looking for a high scoring 4-2-4 (2 holding mids and the rest all out attack). :)

Thanks mate. Do u mean a 4-2-4 with 2 Strikers and 2 wingers? Cuz currently I am thinking of making such a tactic, Its something i used to use in FM12.

New Tactic 4-2-4

I am just going to leave this out there. This is the 4-2-4 tactic that i have created only tested for a few matches. Will create a new thread with full seasons if it gets a good response. Played only a few matches by plugging it into my Everton save (tactic was about 70% fluid) Won all matches and have attached the best matches.

Note: My Everton team is the best in EPL, so i would say this should work with big teams. I do not recommend to play such an attacking formation with weaker teams.

Same advice as i gave in the previous post regarding Higuain.
You could also try a few games without retain possession and see if it works. This will lead to more chances created for the ST.
Also i notices you are playing Thauvin on the right, he has a reasonable right foot not recommended for assisting the forward, he will score a lot but should assist the striker more if he has a strong right foot, i recommend get someone like Rodrigo Gomez or Augustin Allione to play on the right and have Thauvin Left. And Knockaert isnt a natural winger, How is he doing.
I have both Allione and Gomez but Allione and now Thauvin are out for 3-4 months and i have Knockaert on left and Gomez on right. I will try without retain possession and i will post results here. Thanks

Thanks mate. Do u mean a 4-2-4 with 2 Strikers and 2 wingers? Cuz currently I am thinking of making such a tactic, Its something i used to use in FM12.
Yes - 2 strikers 2 wingers! :)

I've tried myself. I'm only interested in the scoring - don't mind if I win ridiculous games like 5-3 or something like that - just want a goal-oriented tactic. :)

Never put to much time, as I've usually just played my normal save rather than test.

Back