4-4-1-1 Roma Renaissance!! Goalscoring Wingers

• Thread starter Thread starter mirel07
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 375
  • Views Views 220K
I am just in awe of this tactic. Right now I am 25-2-0 with my Leverkusen team 2. season, and it doesn't seem that my streak will stop any time soon. Lost one game this entire season, against Cologne in the German cup. Been undefeated in all other competitions since. Leon Bailey have done 25 goals so fare from MR and Julian Brandt have put up 18 assists. It is a tactic that will bang in goals for fun both from your striker and your wingers. Well worth checking out.

So a quick update, it's been a while since the last time.

I'm now in june 2028 and i'm basically conquering the world with this tactic.

To start from the beginning, the first 4 seasons was a bit of a rollercoaster. Ended 5th in the first season, 13th in the 2nd season, 2nd in the third season and 7th in the fourth season.

I startet using this tactic in the middle of the 4th season, tweaking it a little, so here comes my results.

5th season: Won The Premier League, Carabao Cup and The Europa League.
6th season: Won The Community Shield, European Super Cup, Carabao Cup, FA Cup and Premier League (Lost in the CL final).
7th season: Won The Carabao Cup, Premier League and Champions League.
8th season: Won the European Super Cup, World Club Cup, FA Cup and Premier League (Lost in the CL final).
9th season: Won the Community Shield, Premier League and Champions League.
10th season: Won the European Super Cup, World Club Cup, Carabao Cup, FA Cup, Premier League and Champions League.
11th season: Won the Community Shield, European Super Cup, World Club Cup, Carabao Cup, FA Cup, Premier League and Champions League.

So the last 7 seasons has brought me 7 league titles and 24 cup wins.

I'm thinking about tweaking a little again. I'm wondering if it's a good thing to have a deep lying playmaker and an attacking playmaker. So I might change my CM to another role, just can't figure out which one.

Great results man :), glad to hear you persisted with the tactic... Let me know how you get on with the tweaks :)

been using it with ac milan sinds my second season first match. won the double first year and in my third season, second with the tactic also first. only in europe not great with last 16 last season and now after the winter in the europa leage.

but for a fm where i had lost hope for, and still consider a not that good game in comparison to fm 17.. this tactic has brought me results again!. thx for that. i am using v3

You are using my favourite team! hopefully you can bring them back to the top of Europe again, thanks for the feedback!

10 games in and I am 4th in the EPL as Portsmouth. This is my first season in the EPL. If all goes well and I end up getting into the champions league I will try to buy Leon Bailey. I hope he doesn’t reject my offer but in the off chance that he does are there any suggestions for a pacey right winger?

Will be interesting to see how you go in the PL. Not sure what year you are in but these guys were awesome for me... Christian Pavon and Gerard delefeou

I am just in awe of this tactic. Right now I am 25-2-0 with my Leverkusen team 2. season, and it doesn't seem that my streak will stop any time soon. Lost one game this entire season, against Cologne in the German cup. Been undefeated in all other competitions since. Leon Bailey have done 25 goals so fare from MR and Julian Brandt have put up 18 assists. It is a tactic that will bang in goals for fun both from your striker and your wingers. Well worth checking out.

Wow! I think that might be even better than my 2nd season with Leverkusen! 25 goals from Bailley :), do you rotate your squads or play with a consistent 1st team? i usually try to have a 1st and 2nd team and rotate

So after a successfull Newcastle save, I decided to test this tactic on a smaller team, Parma in Serie B.

The first season in Serie B was very mixed, the first half of the season was one game won, then losing the next.

Loaned a few players in january and it helped. Still struggled, but managed to get promoted with a 2nd place.

The 2nd season and the first season in Serie A was some of a kind. I had a transferbudget of £2,5m and I honestly thought I would struggle to stay up. Got some decent loan signings and hoped for the best.

I went on and won the Serie A and the Coppa Italia in that season, crazy crazy season.

So I stand by my words, this is without a doubt the best tactic i've used in FM18.

Guys,

how long did it take for you for this tactic to start working?

I'm asking because I've started a new game with St. Pauli and after mixed results in friendly games, I'm getting whooped by almost every team in 2.Bundesliga, and it doesn't look like I'm going to last half a season.

Defence is all over the place (most of the goals conceded are by opponents basically walking into the net; I usually loose 2-3 goals every game).

Offensively it also v. poor (I usually score one goal per game),

Cheers,

So after a successfull Newcastle save, I decided to test this tactic on a smaller team, Parma in Serie B.

The first season in Serie B was very mixed, the first half of the season was one game won, then losing the next.

Loaned a few players in january and it helped. Still struggled, but managed to get promoted with a 2nd place.

The 2nd season and the first season in Serie A was some of a kind. I had a transferbudget of £2,5m and I honestly thought I would struggle to stay up. Got some decent loan signings and hoped for the best.

I went on and won the Serie A and the Coppa Italia in that season, crazy crazy season.

So I stand by my words, this is without a doubt the best tactic i've used in FM18.

which version?

My own tweak. Change defensive line to normal, change mentality to attacking and change your AMC to Advance Playmaker.

ive been using that and tweaked it into a strikerless lol and i support newcastle might do a save using this lol

Wow! I think that might be even better than my 2nd season with Leverkusen! 25 goals from Bailley :), do you rotate your squads or play with a consistent 1st team? i usually try to have a 1st and 2nd team and rotate

This is the team I usually go with:

View attachment 65456

I do some rotation, especially on the wings and the striker, where I have Cristian Pavón, Rodrygo, Timothy Tillman, Lautaro Martínez and Willem Geubbels in the reserves. Martínez have put up 15 goals and 5 assists so far and Pavón have contributed with 5 goals and 7 assists. After winning the league with 4 games to spare, obviously I lost my first game of the season, against Stuttgart which finds themselves in 18th, already relegated. Incredibly frustrating, but I put up a team of youngsters and reserves, so not that shocking. Real Madrid awaits in the semi finals of CL so need to keep rotating to avoid any injuries.

What training is everyone using? Just started a new game with Liverpool and it’s going pretty well

Another update. 3rd season with Parma, won the Serie A again.

Loving this tactic. However I don't think the results comes easy, it's not just a plug and play tactic.

Ever since I can remember i've always let my assistant handle as many tasks as possible, including friendlies, press conferences, teamtalks, OI's, halftime talks, training and so on.

But my experience with FM 2018 and probably also the earlier versions of this game, is that it's better doing it yourself. An example. I asked my assistant to assign my coaching team to their training tasks. After that I took a look at them and did it myself. Every coaching area got at least a full star more after doing it myself.

And while we're at training, make sure you always improve your coaching staff so that you get better training. I look for better coaches in january and in the summer window.

Make sure your facilities are upgraded, always push your board for upgrades. Youth recruitment, Youth facilities, Training facilities, Data Analyst facilities and Junior Coaching.

Another thing, I can't remember how many times that I've been ****** at halftime losing and my assistant is praising the team, the same thing happens at fulltime. So I decided to do the teamtalks myself. Letting my players know if they're good and telling them if they're horrible. Also, motivate them before the game.

Always praise your players if they win awards or get their first international cap or goal.

Use shouts during the game, very important imo. I use "Get Creative" and "Demand More" all the time, even when leading 4-0.

Just some of things that I do myself to make your team and your tactic better.

Loving this tactic. However I don't think the results comes easy, it's not just a plug and play tactic.

Ever since I can remember i've always let my assistant handle as many tasks as possible, including friendlies, press conferences, teamtalks, OI's, halftime talks, training and so on.

But my experience with FM 2018 and probably also the earlier versions of this game, is that it's better doing it yourself. An example. I asked my assistant to assign my coaching team to their training tasks. After that I took a look at them and did it myself. Every coaching area got at least a full star more after doing it myself.

And while we're at training, make sure you always improve your coaching staff so that you get better training. I look for better coaches in january and in the summer window.

Make sure your facilities are upgraded, always push your board for upgrades. Youth recruitment, Youth facilities, Training facilities, Data Analyst facilities and Junior Coaching.

Another thing, I can't remember how many times that I've been ****** at halftime losing and my assistant is praising the team, the same thing happens at fulltime. So I decided to do the teamtalks myself. Letting my players know if they're good and telling them if they're horrible. Also, motivate them before the game.

Always praise your players if they win awards or get their first international cap or goal.

Use shouts during the game, very important imo. I use "Get Creative" and "Demand More" all the time, even when leading 4-0.

do you use OI's or does your *** man assigne them,

do you change mentality depending on prematch odds

ie if underdogs - counter, faovurites - standard etc or do you let it ride, do you change tactic mentality midgame dependant on score or do you rely on the tactic to recover...

do you use OI's or does your *** man assigne them,

do you change mentality depending on prematch odds

ie if underdogs - counter, faovurites - standard etc or do you let it ride, do you change tactic mentality midgame dependant on score or do you rely on the tactic to recover...

OI is one of the only things my assistant is allowed to do. I never change mentality. I changed mentality from Normal to attacking and has used that ever since, both with Newcastle and Parma. If I need to score, I use shouts and a few times changed to overload.

Does anyone else hate getting FM'ed? I was flying high, I had just beaten Man City 3-1 away and Chelsea at home 2-0 when I suddenly lost to Tottenham 7 - 1 at home. This is with shouts before and during the game.

Great advice :), thank you again for being a strong proponent of this tactic and offering great suggestions tips for those who play the full version of the game.

Does anyone else hate getting FM'ed? I was flying high, I had just beaten Man City 3-1 away and Chelsea at home 2-0 when I suddenly lost to Tottenham 7 - 1 at home. This is with shouts before and during the game.

Never happened with Newcastle, tried it a couple of times with Parma. Was played out of the pitch by Man City in CL and also lost 5-1 to Juventus.

But normally it works perfectly.

However, I don't know if they've done something in the latest update, cause i'm starting to get many yellow and red cards.

hehe wow!! that is quite a shock result lol, i guess it does keep things interesting :), can you post screenshots of your Portsmouth team?

Back