Hello everyone,

I am having a save with Padova and I have struggled in my first half of the season, so I used on of the 3 strikers formation and managed to go to the serie A in two season from serie C and even finish 7th in the first serie A season.

So I am in my fourth season with Padova, in the half of the season I was first with 10 more points than the second placed team. I don't like the tactic because I concede a lot of goals, so I wanted a normal tactic in which you have a lot of CS and concede a small amount of goals.

Then I started using this tactic, V3 original tweak and it's not going so well, but with a reason. I don't have suited players for positions like MR, ML, DM and AMC. So I am waiting for the summer to bring the very best players for this tactic because I kinda like it, with ACTUALLY wingers and not 3 strikers or 3 CBs.

And also I have a problem with my only suitable DLP, he is getting off every game he plays, so I had to remove the tackle harder option from him and also getting a lot of yellow cards, so I removed Getting stuck option.

I am now 5th and it is good, because if I had continued the 523 formation, I would win the scudetto and it would killed my game for fm18.

Sorry for the long post, cheers!

Guys how is the tactic working for you after the new patch?? Unaffected? I m scared to update to the new patch.. It is working so well..

Defense and taking advice during matches.

Hi guys,

I really love this tactic, but I'm still fairly new to FM. I'm definitely scoring a lot of goals, but I'm near the bottom of my league in Goals Allowed.

During matches, should I follow the advice that's given? Or leave it alone? Also, are there certain times I should play my fullbacks defensively? I had a 3 goal advantage against a top team and placed them in defense, and somehow they came back and tied the game.

Anyways.. any advice would be great!

Thanks!

Just so people know the V3 is working fine after patch, im currently 10 games into the season only having lost 1 game.

I must have hit a rough patch then because i have lost 6 games in a row

Just got promoted with Bromley first season. This is all on the new patch as well. Very nice not to be using 3 up front for once!

UGbWe5U.jpg

Broke Real Madrid, first season

hey guys, I used the V3 tweaked tactic & after about 15 games in I made some minor changes to the positioning of players due to some bad form & even when I was picking up victories it didn't seem like the team was in control of the matches.

So I wanted to change something quickly before losing ground on Dundalk as they always win the league.

Changes made
--------------
CF - Poacher | HB - BWM | Both BPD - CD | SK - GK | (temp solution)

The original tactic may have been fine if I persevered but after the changes were made I was getting more convincing victories. At first the changes were made for role familiarity, but I stuck with it as I was getting positive results. It helped me win the league & a few side cups. So if anyone starts to struggle during the season I suggest giving this a try. :)

This season I focused solely on the league by incorporating youth players in the side cups so I could rest my first team players for the league games. However I think I would've won the league more convincingly if my GK wasn't stolen from me half way through the season :S.

View attachment 62063 View attachment 62062 View attachment 62060

Hey,

I wanna ask is it needed to put the players in such asymmetric formation, or they can be put in a "normal" one?

So it's been quiet from me for a while now, it doesn't mean that I haven't been playing FM, cause I have, oh yes indeed.

I decided to try something new, a challenge compared to the other clubs that I have used this tactics with. (Newcastle, Parma and Aalborg).

So I found a small club in Portugal, Benfica e Castelo Branco, and no, it's not that Benfica, and it's not their B team either, it's an independent club based located more than 200 km from the Benfica you all know. But there is a connection between the 2 clubs, their logo is almost identical, I just can't find out what the connection is.

They start out in Campeonato Nacional Prio Group C which is the 3rd best league in Portugal.

My challenge was to play with attribute masking and only being allowed to sign players with Portuguese or Brazilian nationality. All players must have been found and fully scouted by my scouts before they can be signed.

Now 10 seasons later and I've just won my first championship title. It has been very tough so far and it's gonna be even tougher going forward to win the Champions League. The 10 seasons have given me 5 trophies so far. 1 Portuguse Championship, 1 Taca de Portugal Placard (Portuguese Cup), 1 Supertaca Candido de Oliveira and finally 2 Taca de Liga TT (Portuguese League Cup).

This tactic has been used for the whole 10 seasons with no changes at all. Always attacking no matter which team i've met.

So new save, new club. My hometown club AaB Aalborg in the Danish Superliga.

First season was brilliant, won the league. I was predicted to a midtable finish. Managed to get some decent loan signings in Sierhuis and Eiting from Ajax. Sierhuis scored 27 league goals in the first season. 2nd season is just started and got 3 more loan signings; Hussem Aouar in Lyon, Sergio Diaz in Real Madrid and Atakan Akkaynak in Leverkusen.

Aalborg started in the first qualifying round, so the road to the groups were long and ment a tight program as the Danish league already starts in mid July. I knocked out FC Prishtina in the first round, then HJK Helsinki, then Celtic and finally Dinamo Zagreb.

Monaco, Atletico Madrid and Basel is my CL group. Just played my first game at home to Atletico, that went well as you can see.

I think that it's safe to say that this tactic works with all kinds of clubs.

View attachment 1149685

Funny. It’s also my hometown club.