Hey mate, stumbled across this thread after starting a new save with FC Barcelona. I had tried to recreate the 4-4-2 of Valverde and ended up with a somewhat similar tactic to yours - only with 2 Strikers. Picked up good ideas from this thread and I ended up with a 4-4-1-1 as well that is quite promising so far.
Thank you for creating this thread and to all people contributing to it. I am never going back to 5-2-3!

That’s good to hear man! I am glad that so many people are actually interested in playing realistic football and keeping it tighter in defence. Let me know how you go and please post your tactic sometime in the future :)

Very good job Mirel!
I just started to play 4-4-1-1 after two season with a 3 d-line formation (i had not suitable players or proper budget to switch in the middle of the season) and i've to say that it's working very good and the games became being more real.ù
By the way i've already put my steam offline in order to avoid any update that shoul mess up everything.

thank you Radetzky, your kind feedback is much appreciated, the same thing happened to me, i kept using the 5-2-3 tactics and winning with huge margins but also potentially losing away in champs league matches 3 or 4-0 which frustrated the **** out of me. My favourite moments are always being able to shut out a champs league opponent away as it can be quite difficult. I have also been testing White Europe’s suggestion of control at home which seems to be more stable than using attacking at home. Well hope you enjoy the tactic and post some results soon!! :)

Really good tactic, but I do seem to get undone by through balls giving away one on ones against decent opposition, even when dropping defence line and fullbacks to defend, anyone else get this?

Amazing tactic.

I am Portsmouth and I have made the following signings:

Hervin Ongenda (Free)
Demitri Mitchell (Loan from Man Utd - Not paying his weekly pay)
Scott McTominay (Loan from Man Utd - Not paying his weekly pay)
Francisco Trincao (Signed for 100k)

In the beginning I had gotten several draws and losses in friendlies. After the tactic was fluid however I started destroying teams. I am now 1st in League 1 with a 20 point lead 30 games in. Hervin Ongenda has scored 26 goals and has 10 assists. Francisco Trincao has 12 goals and 4 assists as a Inverted Winger, while my best winger Kai Naismith has 10 goals and 10 assists.

Absolutely brilliant tactic

Really good tactic, but I do seem to get undone by through balls giving away one on ones against decent opposition, even when dropping defence line and fullbacks to defend, anyone else get this?

That is probably one of the weaknesses of the tactic...been thinking how to defend against it without going to a back 3... Probably a space for improvement...any suggestions would be welcome :)

I am Portsmouth and I have made the following signings:

Hervin Ongenda (Free)
Demitri Mitchell (Loan from Man Utd - Not paying his weekly pay)
Scott McTominay (Loan from Man Utd - Not paying his weekly pay)
Francisco Trincao (Signed for 100k)

In the beginning I had gotten several draws and losses in friendlies. After the tactic was fluid however I started destroying teams. I am now 1st in League 1 with a 20 point lead 30 games in. Hervin Ongenda has scored 26 goals and has 10 assists. Francisco Trincao has 12 goals and 4 assists as a Inverted Winger, while my best winger Kai Naismith has 10 goals and 10 assists.

Absolutely brilliant tactic

Thanks Dr for your testing and support in testing the tactic... did you make any specific changes from the original and did you play full games?

View attachment 68442

Whelp, started using this tactic, lost the title :/

Which is weird, because always when I reach the last 2 months it seems everything goes downhill, used with sampdoria was 3rd almost all the season finished 5th because of last 2 months, now the same with Valencia

View attachment 1145023

Which is weird, because always when I reach the last 2 months it seems everything goes downhill, used with sampdoria was 3rd almost all the season finished 5th because of last 2 months, now the same with Valencia

Happens to me all the time, I'll be flying through the entire season and then the final months everything falls down.

View attachment 1145023

hmmmm... sounds strange... any issues with injuries, unsettled players, training etc?... i am really not sure why the slump has happened towards the end of the season twice :)

hmmmm... sounds strange... any issues with injuries, unsettled players, training etc?... i am really not sure why the slump has happened towards the end of the season twice :)

I've tried everything, team meetings and the players morale got to superb/excellent, training tactics and teamwork, truth is I hadn't enough depth, I'll do a 2nd season with better players and report back

I have played full matches. No holiday mode. I left the trequartista role unchanged. Only change was the defensive line to normal because my two defenders Jack Whatmough and Matt Clarke aren’t very fast

Hi mate!

What kind of match prep can be recommended for full mode? or leave it Assistant Manager?
What about OI?

THX!

Hi mate!

What kind of match prep can be recommended for full mode? or leave it Assistant Manager?
What about OI?

THX!

Hey Koko,

On full mode I would say team cohesion until fluid, with match prep being on attacking movement. That would be my preference. In terms of OI's, I wouldn't consider it necessary for this tactic.

I used this for most of my first season with Corinthians and I have just won the league, cup, copasudamerica and Sao Paulo state championship. Incredibly Jadson just won the world player of the year and Jo, of man city and everton fame, hit just under a goal a game.

I used advanced playmaker instead of the trequatista but thats my only change. Having fullbacks and centre halves with decent pace helps.

I used this for most of my first season with Corinthians and I have just won the league, cup, copasudamerica and Sao Paulo state championship. Incredibly Jadson just won the world player of the year and Jo, of man city and everton fame, hit just under a goal a game.

I used advanced playmaker instead of the trequatista but thats my only change. Having fullbacks and centre halves with decent pace helps.

Awesome results :), really surprised about winning the world player of the year lol, I'm currently playing with Wolves (Changed defensive line to normal and Advanced playmaker). Thanks for trying out the tactic man!

Wolves!!

Further to last post- I am testing with Wolves with the following changes- Control Mentality- Normal defensive line and Advanced playmaker attack- Just beat Man Utd in Carabao Cup 4-2!! Will test the rest of this season and next season in premier league with control mentality...:)

View attachment 68048View attachment 68047