4-4-1-1 Roma Renaissance!! Goalscoring Wingers

• Thread starter Thread starter mirel07
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 375
  • Views Views 220K
Maybe somethings wrong with my team. This tactic is solid defensively, not conceding a lot of goals. But offensively it's just not existing. Scoring no goals at all. Lots of 0-0 or 1-1 games or 0-1 defeats, especially against poor opponents. I find it useful against the big teams.

is the tactic fully fluid? I have used touchline shout 'get creative' sometimes

Maybe somethings wrong with my team. This tactic is solid defensively, not conceding a lot of goals. But offensively it's just not existing. Scoring no goals at all. Lots of 0-0 or 1-1 games or 0-1 defeats, especially against poor opponents. I find it useful against the big teams.

Do you change the mentality to " Offensive ? ". Offensive mentality seems better to score goals in FM18. I did the same in my save with Bayer Leverkusen. One season in normal, a good defense but not enough goals scored but when i change to offensive, my strikers scored a lot.

Do you change the mentality to " Offensive ? ". Offensive mentality seems better to score goals in FM18. I did the same in my save with Bayer Leverkusen. One season in normal, a good defense but not enough goals scored but when i change to offensive, my strikers scored a lot.

I changed the mentality to attacking and it seems to help a bit, will try it for the new season.

I see others have given advice regarding going attacking and attacking movement which is definetely helpful... Further who do you have as Inverted wingers and Attacking midfielder and Striker? Are your wingers scoring? Are you getting enough chances in a match?

I see others have given advice regarding going attacking and attacking movement which is definetely helpful... Further who do you have as Inverted wingers and Attacking midfielder and Striker? Are your wingers scoring? Are you getting enough chances in a match?

The chances are there, plenty of them, just not scoring goals. But let's see in the new season.

Seems like it's better now.

Molde - Newcastle 1-4
Newcastle - Molde 3-0
Newcastle - Watford 5-1
Newcastle - NAC 2-0
Man Utd - Newcastle 1-3
NAC - Newcastle 1-3
Newcastle - Sheff Wed 4-1

Decent start to the season.

Seems like it's better now.

Molde - Newcastle 1-4
Newcastle - Molde 3-0
Newcastle - Watford 5-1
Newcastle - NAC 2-0
Man Utd - Newcastle 1-3
NAC - Newcastle 1-3
Newcastle - Sheff Wed 4-1

Decent start to the season.

Thats great to hear..did you change to attacking home and away?

Thats great to hear..did you change to attacking home and away?

I've changed the following.

Trequartista to advanced playmaker. Defensive line to normal as my CB's are not that fast. Mentality to attacking.

I've changed the following.

Trequartista to advanced playmaker. Defensive line to normal as my CB's are not that fast. Mentality to attacking.
Interesting. I've tried To lower The d-line But i did not see any improvement

Inviato dal mio SM-G900F utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi all,

If anyone wants to try this tactic and let me know how it works for them before official release...i am currently testing on Wolves. There are quite a few changes and would appreciate if other help with the test as i am time poor:). Currently tied for 1st in premier league after 11 matches after promotion from championship....i know it is too early to tell but the results have been pretty good.

View attachment 67495View attachment 67496

View attachment 67494

I am giving it a go, first 5/6 games looks really promising. Even one i lost I dominated the game, seems a big improvement to me.

Can i ask about the inverted wingers. what sort of attributes do you look for? Also despite the cutting in instruction, right footers on the right and vice versa seems to be working well for me.

I am giving it a go, first 5/6 games looks really promising. Even one i lost I dominated the game, seems a big improvement to me.

Can i ask about the inverted wingers. what sort of attributes do you look for? Also despite the cutting in instruction, right footers on the right and vice versa seems to be working well for me.

Thanks for testing Paul, I mainly look for the attributes of pace, dribbling and off the ball.. finishing is not as critical as most the goals from wingers are from close range...it also helps if they refrain from long shots as alot of chances seem to be wasted this way

Just finished the season with Wolves... Came 4th in the league and won the Europa League... since i qualified for it by winning FA Cup in Championship... Definitely a promising tactic I believe... Need to improve the defence for the coming season and should be able to win the premier league... anyways i will leave it to other users to decide whether it is worth a spot on the OP.. good luck
.View attachment 67488View attachment 67487

Hi all,

If anyone wants to try this tactic and let me know how it works for them before official release...i am currently testing on Wolves. There are quite a few changes and would appreciate if other help with the test as i am time poor:). Currently tied for 1st in premier league after 11 matches after promotion from championship....i know it is too early to tell but the results have been pretty good.

Hi do you think your tactic could be tweaked to make a 4-3-3 with two inside forwards and the advanced playmaker moved to central midfield?

Are we saying the new tactic is the best version?, I'm having great success with v3 so not keen to change

Are we saying the new tactic is the best version?, I'm having great success with v3 so not keen to change
Not sure Wixta... still testing it out before i can conclusively say it is better, im pretty sure both will work with the right players, i would stick to v3 until full range of testing is complete..only thing about v4 it seems to dominate games more... being a control tactic... but could also be a bit weaker away against stronger teams... will be interesting to see

nufcmichael tweaked well , Cf scoring more and the AP is more suitable than Trequartiasta, his version is more stable:

Last edited:
Back