Variation

Top draw tactic - am going to try a tweak or two as I find that whilst it's very successful, just a few too many goals come from crosses compared to real life. I like the solidity, the shape, teamplay, just a little too much emphasis on getting out wide and swinging in crosses. Will maybe take off the full backs setting for more crossing, possibly focusing on going through the middle to see if that mixes the play up whilst not affecting results too much.

Anyone else found that or tried similar tweaks?

Awesome results :), really surprised about winning the world player of the year lol, I'm currently playing with Wolves (Changed defensive line to normal and Advanced playmaker). Thanks for trying out the tactic man!

Anytime, I switch between this and the 5-3-2 depending on how I am going.

I am currently giving this a go with my Leverkusen-team, and so far it has been absolutely amazing. The tactic produces some very enjoyable attacks while keeping it tight and secure in defence. Much appreciated!

Anybody has tried to set manual marking?
I heard that sometimes is very effective in order to stop opponent's full backs of wide/attacking midfielders

Top draw tactic - am going to try a tweak or two as I find that whilst it's very successful, just a few too many goals come from crosses compared to real life. I like the solidity, the shape, teamplay, just a little too much emphasis on getting out wide and swinging in crosses. Will maybe take off the full backs setting for more crossing, possibly focusing on going through the middle to see if that mixes the play up whilst not affecting results too much.

Anyone else found that or tried similar tweaks?

Let me know how you go :), i just haven't had any real time recently to test new tweaks to the tactic and to try and improve it, hopefully you can try to!

I am currently giving this a go with my Leverkusen-team, and so far it has been absolutely amazing. The tactic produces some very enjoyable attacks while keeping it tight and secure in defence. Much appreciated!

I also tried it with Leverkusen, they have the perfect players for this formation and football. Great to hear that you are enjoying the match gameplay and hopefully brandt, bailey and bellarabi are banging in some goals...do not sell Havertz!!

Anybody has tried to set manual marking?
I heard that sometimes is very effective in order to stop opponent's full backs of wide/attacking midfielders

Are you thinking manual marking with the fullbacks or the wingers?, I would say it could definitely work with the full backs but i wouldn't use the wingers to man mark

Just got promoted to the championship with Portsmouth.
I have bought Domen Crnigoj, Filipo Melegoni, Alex Gersbach and Tominello on loan. 5 games in and I have 3 wins 1 draw and 1 loss. Sat 4th at the moment. The loss was away to Newcastle. Overall I am still overachieving with this tactic with a vastly inferior team

Are you thinking manual marking with the fullbacks or the wingers?, I would say it could definitely work with the full backs but i wouldn't use the wingers to man mark
Yes. I tought the full backs on the opponent wide midfielders / attacking midfielders and wingers on opponent full backs.
Do you think that set man marking on our wingers would be counter-productive?
I've quite pacy CBs and i don't suffer thru balls but against stronger opponents many goals come from the sides.

Hey guys, I know this has nothing to do with the tactic which I am using by the way....but does anybody else get this at the end of the game....I was winning 1-0 final whistle went looked at the score and it said it was 1-1 & the opposition had a man sent off in the 70th minute which wasn't there when I was going into injury time

Yes. I tought the full backs on the opponent wide midfielders / attacking midfielders and wingers on opponent full backs.
Do you think that set man marking on our wingers would be counter-productive?
I've quite pacy CBs and i don't suffer thru balls but against stronger opponents many goals come from the sides.

I personally wouldn’t want the wingers marking as it would take away from the attacking play however against a stronger opponent and possibly against wingbacks it could be an option, i will try both in a few days time... i have also changed fullback to support which helps their defensive game when needed.. :)

Hey guys, I know this has nothing to do with the tactic which I am using by the way....but does anybody else get this at the end of the game....I was winning 1-0 final whistle went looked at the score and it said it was 1-1 & the opposition had a man sent off in the 70th minute which wasn't there when I was going into injury time

sounds like a bug!!! You might have to report it to SI forums, hasn’t happened to me yet.

Maybe somethings wrong with my team. This tactic is solid defensively, not conceding a lot of goals. But offensively it's just not existing. Scoring no goals at all. Lots of 0-0 or 1-1 games or 0-1 defeats, especially against poor opponents. I find it useful against the big teams.