442 - The beautiful game - Demolish and Conquer any team, any place.

is there any chance you could say what attributes are neccesties for each position?

Hello,

Along this thread you saw many guidelines regarding the players and also some hints on how to use the tactic to suit your needs.

In overall, you need fast players in every position specially in the defense lines. For the poachers position, off the ball is very important also. Think Aguero or Villa or even Defoe for that position but the bottom line will always be to use your own judgement when you buy players to fill in the blanks.

going to try this with my new cardiff game will keep you updated

I think this is the best tactic i've tried in FM 11! Works with every team, and i get great results every match.
Ty!

Thank you for your honest comment.

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

going to try this with my new cardiff game will keep you updated

Cool, post results when you can and please share your opinion regarding the tactic.
Have fun :)

out of interest does paulo henrique play advanced playmaker in this tactic for you? and if so how does he play?

out of interest does paulo henrique play advanced playmaker in this tactic for you? and if so how does he play?

Hello Mat,

Im not sure if I understood your question about how Paulo Henrique plays but I will give a go.
He plays as advanced playmaker mostly but I have used him has the ball winning midfielder also, I wouldnt say he is a Rossi when winning balls but he does it fairly well and with his passing skills it makes him a screamer in either position.

I hope that answers your question.

Gone back to my man city save its class my attack is cavani, aguero, hulk, tevez, muller, douglas costa and robben! tearing it up, also howedes centre back is amazing

Good, I´m sure they will cause havoc in every game. Share some results when you feel like it. Have fun.

i had alot more success when removing the offside and playing the rb as full back support, play slightly deeper away from home, haven't lost a game for ages :D

sold douglas costa and brought in otamendi, adler and papastathopoulos to strengthen up the defense and also bought paulo henrique. Just started season beat man utd 5-1 in community shield. Not sure how to post printscreens.

Thanks for this tactic! you have really understood how to force the other team into playing an ineffective long ball game. This tactic is very effective.

I have since developed my own tactic by trying to work out how each quality tactic on this site is effective and the effectiveness of the wide players in your tactic has been very helpful in developing my understanding of the game.

Thanks for this tactic! you have really understood how to force the other team into playing an ineffective long ball game. This tactic is very effective.

I have since developed my own tactic by trying to work out how each quality tactic on this site is effective and the effectiveness of the wide players in your tactic has been very helpful in developing my understanding of the game.

Big smille on my face while reading your comment.
You clearly know what the game is all about, it´s not always win win, it is often causing the other team to fail at their own game plan.
Some might say it is odd to see Dzeko playing in the midfield when using this tactic against Man City, I would say it´s an Epic failure of the AI to adapt to the strategy of this tactic.

Thanks again for your words, means a lot.

Exactly!, to give people an example of the effectiveness of pressing in numbers.

the front 4 from your tactic managed to force Barcelona (in the second season) to play long ball against me! The result? 2-2 (after a bad performance by my defenders and a piece of Messi brilliance).

I should probably point out that I play as Dinamo Zagreb (Croatia).

Honestly, I didnt test the tactic in other leagues other than the English and Portuguese, so for Dinamo Zagreb to draw against Barcelona, I dare to say it was a huge landmark for you if your team did not have big name players. Regardless, your players deserve the credit on that result.

Good tactic, but defending set pieces needs definitely improvement. In 6 games I got 8 goals out of corners...

Good tactic, but defending set pieces needs definitely improvement. In 6 games I got 8 goals out of corners...

Point taken as I dont really care about set pieces but the flow of the game itself.
Maybe you should take a look at your defense players and perhaps read previous pages as they give you important info regarding the defense lines.

Point taken as I dont really care about set pieces but the flow of the game itself.
Maybe you should take a look at your defense players and perhaps read previous pages as they give you important info regarding the defense lines.

Defense in general is no problem. Now I played 10 games with Dover Athletic (Blue Square Bet South). Won 9, Lost 1. The tactic is great and defense in general, too. I only got 9 goals in these 10 games. That's good, but 8 of them were out of corners. That was the only point I wanted to mention.;)

Defense in general is no problem. Now I played 10 games with Dover Athletic (Blue Square Bet South). Won 9, Lost 1. The tactic is great and defense in general, too. I only got 9 goals in these 10 games. That's good, but 8 of them were out of corners. That was the only point I wanted to mention.;)

LOL, my bad then, clearly missunderstood what you said.
I am happy that you are brave enough to select a lower league team, please keep me updated with your progression. It will be interesting to see how it goes in lower leagues, your feedback will show if it is worthy or not for the lower league teams.

Thank you for your feedback.

Whilst I have been fine-tuning my tactic I have still been using this tactic as my back up (really helped when most of my first 11 was injured!)

My own tactic is nearly fully formed now, so thanks for the help! :)

LOL, my bad then, clearly missunderstood what you said.
I am happy that you are brave enough to select a lower league team, please keep me updated with your progression. It will be interesting to see how it goes in lower leagues, your feedback will show if it is worthy or not for the lower league teams.

Thank you for your feedback.

I will. I think it will be interesting when I've managed to win promotion to League Two. Because normally it's not that hard to get promoted in the first two seasons because of the huge amount of free players, but when you arrive in League Two it gets harder, because normally your squad belongs to the worst in the league so you see if the tactic works great.

At this point I can say that it works in BSS. Lost in the FA Cup (4th qualifying round) to Crawley Town (Blue Square Premier) after rematch in overtime. So we had a chance.
I'll keep you informed how it goes on.