442 - The beautiful game - Demolish and Conquer any team, any place.

• Thread starter Thread starter Darkatdawn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 188
  • Views Views 76K
Whilst I have been fine-tuning my tactic I have still been using this tactic as my back up (really helped when most of my first 11 was injured!)

My own tactic is nearly fully formed now, so thanks for the help! :)

Share the love once you have it ready :)

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

I will. I think it will be interesting when I've managed to win promotion to League Two. Because normally it's not that hard to get promoted in the first two seasons because of the huge amount of free players, but when you arrive in League Two it gets harder, because normally your squad belongs to the worst in the league so you see if the tactic works great.

At this point I can say that it works in BSS. Lost in the FA Cup (4th qualifying round) to Crawley Town (Blue Square Premier) after rematch in overtime. So we had a chance.
I'll keep you informed how it goes on.

Thanks for your input and have fun scoring goals.

great tactic mate!! work well with my club from hong kong(Kitchee)..

Hi Darkatdawn,

Just been reading through this thread in it's entirety and wanted to say well done, looks great!

I'm thinking about giving this a try in one of my saves, but wanted to ask 2 questions - they are answered in some degree throughout the thread but just wanted clarity!

1) The wingers/inside forwards... what type of players should I have here... should the left inside forward be right footed, and vice versa?

I think I read that if someone had wingers you'd change the role to wingers and set them to support duty - is that all that's changed?

What, in your opinion works best that you've had the best success with?

I'm being so picky purely because I want to replicate as close as possible to yourself!

2) Defensive Line - for a decent quality site (Top 10) would you leave as it is? Or, do you change it depending on your opponents?

I'm unclear as to when to change this - any rules that you normally go by would help me (any potentially others!).

That's all for now - hope to hear back from you soon!

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

I must add that I'm liverpool - so in relation to the type of wingers I have at the moment:

Downing, Henderson, Joe Cole, Hulk, Chamberlain.

Then in relation to my defenders:

Agger, Skrtel, Carragher & Metersaker.

Hi Darkatdawn,

Just been reading through this thread in it's entirety and wanted to say well done, looks great!

I'm thinking about giving this a try in one of my saves, but wanted to ask 2 questions - they are answered in some degree throughout the thread but just wanted clarity!

1) The wingers/inside forwards... what type of players should I have here... should the left inside forward be right footed, and vice versa?

I think I read that if someone had wingers you'd change the role to wingers and set them to support duty - is that all that's changed?

What, in your opinion works best that you've had the best success with?

I'm being so picky purely because I want to replicate as close as possible to yourself!

2) Defensive Line - for a decent quality site (Top 10) would you leave as it is? Or, do you change it depending on your opponents?

I'm unclear as to when to change this - any rules that you normally go by would help me (any potentially others!).

That's all for now - hope to hear back from you soon!

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

I must add that I'm liverpool - so in relation to the type of wingers I have at the moment:

Downing, Henderson, Joe Cole, Hulk, Chamberlain.

Then in relation to my defenders:

Agger, Skrtel, Carragher & Metersaker.

Fair questions Mike, thumbs up.

Tell you what, before I reply to your questions, I will start a new game with Liverpool right now, it will last until the 1st of January so that I can hopefully give you a detailed info regarding their team.

I havent played with Liverpool, always with Tottenham and sometimes with Blackburn and West Ham, in all fairness, I too want to see how they behave with the tactic.
Bare with me, it´s about 20 games so it will take time before I can reply to you. I will not buy any players but will sell the trash as I always do. The house players might fill in the void.

Stay tuned :)

No problem - really appreciate you taking the time to do that.

I just looked and couldn't see a definitive answer... I know it's not plug and play in terms of the defensive line so I guess it's making the call either before or during each match.

I'm going to invest in CB's that have decent pace so I can keep it pushed up as much as possible.

I just looked and couldn't see a definitive answer... I know it's not plug and play in terms of the defensive line so I guess it's making the call either before or during each match.

I'm going to invest in CB's that have decent pace so I can keep it pushed up as much as possible.

Every team in the EPL has a fast striker or more, tops teams have plenty of that.
What needs to be considered regarding the defense line is what do you want to cause on the opposition teams, lets say Man City, using high defense lines will put more pressure but because Liverpool as slow paced defenders, Tevez might have a good day at the office and rip the defense apart several times.
Lowering the defense lines will stretch the play on your side and cover the defense more. At the moment in my game, it´s Man City coming up, I will save the game before and use both aproaches, deep defense line and the normal setting. Also will be using Inside forwards in the 1st game and winger or defensive winger in the 2nd try.

Will post results after that.

which striker is a primary striker? (bang a lot of goals ) right one or left one ? and the midfielder,which one is primary?the left one is ball winning midfield which has more attacking mentality,but the right one is advanced playmaker is unticked his mentality . . .

sorry for bad english.. ^^)

The following shows some results with all the variations you mentioned : winger, inside forwards,defensive winger, deeper defense line and the push setting that is default with the tactic.

Liverpool Test drive - Image Hosting

Check the CC´s with every variation and consider that high pressing gets more consistent results but you need pacey defenders for that.

I would remodel the liverpool defense, they are slow and with ratings of 5..you know what that means.
The winger position, if you have a right footed for the left position and vice versa, go for it. As for the best winger setting,use your judgement when playing with top teams like Man utd that are ubber fast down the flanks and play counter attack - defensive wingers will help your defense line and also provide crossings.

A winger with support will focus on crossing the ball and defend when needed but he will not cover the defense flanks that well.
A inside forward means that your poachers will have a couple of friends at the front to make the AI think twice before a move...usually they will use long balls.

I will keep playing with Liverpool until they play with all the big teams, updates later on.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

which striker is a primary striker? (bang a lot of goals ) right one or left one ? and the midfielder,which one is primary?the left one is ball winning midfield which has more attacking mentality,but the right one is advanced playmaker is unticked his mentality . . .

sorry for bad english.. ^^)

Hey Farhan,
The STR is the one who scores most goals. The midfielders are different yes, one is the playmaker that relies on his own skills to override the tactical instructions and the ball winning mid is given also a creative duty because is duty is to break up attacks and supply the front fast. Now imagine Steven Gerrard doing that with his natural skill. See what I mean with that setting? It´s a screamer :)

Hey Farhan,
The STR is the one who scores most goals. The midfielders are different yes, one is the playmaker that relies on his own skills to override the tactical instructions and the ball winning mid is given also a creative duty because is duty is to break up attacks and supply the front fast. Now imagine Steven Gerrard doing that with his natural skill. See what I mean with that setting? It´s a screamer :)[/QUOTE]

great..thanks..fyi,your tactic is brilliant.. =) ^^)

Thanks for waitting for the input for Liverpool.

Remodel the defense with better players so that the rating of +5 when you loose goes away. Sometimes they were leading but the defense ****** it up and it ends in a draw with a very bad rating.

In overall, the team can win the championship without much assle including a unbeaten record.

Liverpool Final - Image Hosting

Thanks for your time.

I'm 9 games in now and will update towards 20 games... team is starting to play very well now...

Its gonna be a while yet! :(

anytime I fix one problem, another one appears!

plus I just played a defender in goal and lost a match!!

Management is stressful!

LOL

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Thanks for your time.

I'm 9 games in now and will update towards 20 games... team is starting to play very well now...

Cool, hope you can get the best out of them and produce some impressive displays.

Hi!

Been using this tactic with Leeds in the Championship. The season started great with 7 straight wins and great results. But then came two losses against two teams where I was dominated by the other teams. Managed to turn things around and win two games again but after that I lost at home to Bristol City 1-4 and Ipswich 1-6. I created some chances in both theese games but in both games opposition created about 7-8 chances and scored 4 and 6 goals.........Saying that the scored on almost every chance the had. My team got really low grades in both games especially my keeper. How could the tactic suddenly stop working? Now Im winning some and loosing some making me struggle in the middle of the table. I seem to have harder to win at home than away and maybe It is because of pitch size? I use the smallest availiable. Any ideas? Need some help.

Br Jonesy

Hello Jonesy,

Minimum pitch size works for Chelsea as they dont use wingers or play wide, they tunnel their game through the middle of the park.
I would change the width of the tactic to narrow but in the next season select the proper pitch size. More space,more creativity and more goals.

For team talks, select " I expect a win" no matter who your opponent. Dont praise the players if they have ratings bellow 7 in any circunstances.
Your players might be having a confidence problem that only team talks can solve,and also take a look at the determination of your support staff.
Way too many factors can influence the performance of a team no matter what tactic used, and replicating others results in a simulator is impossible with all those variables at play.
Make those changes and let me know how it goes.

Hi!

Thx for the fast reply :) Ill follow your advice, I wont be able to play for a week now but will try as fast I as I can. Do you think I should only play narrow at home or both home and away? Should I take the largest possible pitch for next season? Beautiful tactic when it works and It works really good for me most games.

Br Jonesy

Hi!

Thx for the fast reply :) Ill follow your advice, I wont be able to play for a week now but will try as fast I as I can. Do you think I should only play narrow at home or both home and away? Should I take the largest possible pitch for next season? Beautiful tactic when it works and It works really good for me most games.

Br Jonesy

I think that you can use both style of play as you suggest. I have read somewhere that FM allows 3 tactics to be blended and retained,however dont quote me on that, I really dont know if it is correct or not.
Honestly, I would keep it narrow for the whole season but be aware that I never used the tactic with that setting, I really dont know how the team will play with that system.

think that you can use both style of play as you suggest. I have read somewhere that FM allows 3 tactics to be blended and retained,however dont quote me on that, I really dont know if it is correct or not.
Honestly, I would keep it narrow for the whole season but be aware that I never used the tactic with that setting, I really dont know how the team will play with that system.

Ok thanks and how about pitch size for next season? Is tactic best with the widest possible?

Br Jonesy

Next Season, pick the maximum pitch size possible. Not really only for a wider pitch teams, I used it with Tottenham and their pitch is not the largest one available.

Your using a deeper defense line or the default setting that comes with the tactic?

Back