View attachment 226616

Burrows hit’s the Transfer market with three top signings!
Stoke City manager Jake Burrows has hosted a press conference today, revealing his new signings for the upcoming season.

Today’s interview was mainly about the Olympic games, as he is about to set off with Great Britain’s football team to compete in the London 2012 games. However he brought three players along with him:

View attachment 226617

Spokesman: Welcome News reporters and guests, Jake Burrows is here today to answer any questions you may like to ask.

( Jake Burrows walks in )

Burrows: Firstly I would like to introduce to you, Stoke City’s new signings! Come on out Kyle Walker, Gary Cahill and Roysten Drenthe!

Reporter: Jake, you certainly kept this quiet, how hard was it to keep it on a down low and keep from other teams being interested?

Burrows: Well, I completed the signings and the paper work ultra fast in order to get all three signed and ready before I left for London. Drenthe got offered to me by his agent, as I have known him a long time so I was first to know! With Gary and Kyle I saw that they were listed by their respective clubs and bought them, with intention of improving the squad but also in the long term as well.

Reporter: They are really fantastic players, were you surprised they were interested in joining you and what looks like a very good stoke team?

Burrows: like you have just said ‘very good stoke team’ so I had full faith that they would be interested and will look to improve our team for years to come. Anyway, thanks for the questions about our new players, any on the Olympics?

Reporter: How did you choose your three over-23 players, Gerrard, Rooney and Hart?

Burrows: I really wanted Joe as he is an exceptional goalkeeper and I automatically thought that was what we needed, Steven is a world - class midfielder and after struggling in the Euro I gave him the chance to get back to form and I know he will! Wayne, is Wayne no need to explain, he will bring class, talent, and his form last season ripped teams apart in the league - including my own.
Reporter: Out of all the other players, who are going to be your key players?

Burrows: They will all be my key players, however Phil Jones, Bale and Sturridge are those that I am looking forward to seeing great things from.

Reporter: Last question, who will be your captain and vice- captain for the Olympics?

Burrows: I have thought long and hard about this; Steven Gerrard will be given the role of captain and Phil Jones as vice. Thank you for your time.

Olympic Update up later on. Then Friendly one. Thank you guys :)

Burrows’ View

I am pretty scared, a lot of England/ Great Britain managers have gone into a national tournament and come out with their reputation garnished. So I hope I can come out of this with a better reputation after doing well here. We have been drawn with Australia, Ivory Coast and Mexico, we have been given a good group and look to come out of it fine. I have told the lads exactly what I expect from them and look to perform well. I am also trying to stop the ’ hoofing ’ the ball and playing nice neat football, just like I have done with Stoke.

Group A Match 1
Great Britain 6 vs. 2 Ivory Coast
Rooney(2) Gerrard Bale Sturridge Smalling

Wow! What a match, I cant believe the score line but we played brilliantly and defiantly deserved the win. Great start to our Olympic campaign. Excellent boys, lets take it into the next game and go and get another win there.
MOM Steven Gerrard - 1 goal, 3 assist

Group Match 2
Mexico 0 vs. 1 Great Britain
Walcott

We played well , we just couldn’t score which was unfortunate however we got the win and have qualified for the Quarter - finals. Well done lads. Australia up next, lets finish top of our group and remain unbeaten.
MOM Theo Walcott - 1 Goal

Group A Match 3
Australia 0 vs. 1 Great Britain
Wilshire

A much repeat of the last match, we dominated from the start and promising much, Gareth Bale had a great game for us, running ragged down the left and through the centre and deservedly got man of the match. The boys listened and got the job down, wish we scored more goals however it is the win that counts and we qualify top with 3 wins out of 3.
MOM Jack Wilshire

Man Of the Group Stage

View attachment 226622

Burrows’ View

We have had a great that to the Olympics, winning all three of our group games. Which make me very proud as our group wasn’t the easiest. We have been drawn against Nigeria in the quarter finals. Giving us a good chance to go through to the semi - final. Well done lads so far..

Rest up later guys!

Preetty easy draw against Nigeria not toooo much of a challenge.3 very good signings for Stoke as well

View attachment 226904

Great Britain have made it to the Quarter Finals!

Great Britain had qualified through their group with a match to go anyway so all pressure was off them going into the last match. However they came out victorious and finishes top of their group with 9 points out of 9.

Their Quarter Final clash is taking place this afternoon against Nigeria in a match they are favourites for.

Burrows: Lads, excellent performances from you all in the group stage, however we need to take it into the next game and come out on top. We forget that we are favourites, we go out there and battle and hopefully come out on top!

Rooney: Yes, come on lads. Lets go get ’em!

All: Come on!!

Quarter Final
Nigeria 1 vs. 2 Great Britain
Wayne Rooney(2)

The lads were certainly pumped for this match and it defiantly showed, they were chasing the ball and playing lovely football, best I have seen so far from these lads. And we got the deserved victory and through to the Semis against Ivory Coast!
MOM Wayne Rooney

Burrows’ View

I cant believe it, we’re through to the semis! Really proud of the lads and glad I accepted the job as this is a great adventure and insight into national management. I’ve had texts of the Stoke lads congratulating me and wishing me good luck to reach the final. Hope we continue the way we are.

View attachment 226904

Great Britain face Ivory Coast in Olympic Semis!

Britain face Ivory Coast for a place in the 2012 final. These two faced each other in the group stages with GB coming out 6-2 winners, it looks to be a great contest.

The winners of this match will face either Spain or Brazil in the final.

Burrows: excellent performance last game lads, and if we play like that today then there is no reason why we can not go all the way! Go out there are show our fans the Winning British sides that they have all longed to see.

Semi - Final
Ivory Coast 0 vs. 2 Great Britain
Cope(og) Rooney

We’ve done it! We are through to the Final of the Olympics, we played our heart out, it was a tough match, with the opposition promising much but we came out on top and secured our final clash against Spain.
MOM Chris Smalling

Final coming up later guys!

View attachment 226987

They’ve done it! Great Britain face Spain in Olympic Final

Believe it or not Great Britain are in the final of the Olympics and are in with a chance to win gold. Manager Jake Burrows has been credited with his tactics and squad he chose to represent the nation.

Bookies are placing Spain as favourites for the match however team GB are looked to have a great chance. We spoke to Britain manager Burrows ahead of the match

‘ I am absolutely delighted with our performances throughout the tournament. The players have shown great dedication to this especially with the opening match of the season in just over a weeks time. I’ll be honest I was worried that I would become one of the national manager flops. However I have received superb support and messages from fans, pundits etc. Now I must go get the lads ready for the match. Wish us luck!

Jake obviously is relishing the chance of getting Great Britain their fourth Olympic Gold medal and is looking forward to leading the team out tomorrow.

Key Players

Great Britain

View attachment 226989

Bale has been a shining armour for Great Britain as he in every game was a constant threat and popped up with a few assists. Other key players will be the likes of Rooney, Rodwell, and Joe Hart.

Spain

View attachment 226990

Performances from De Gea have been none other than super. David has pulled of some great saves and won the semi final for Spain after saving the last penalty. Today he will be looking for the same and hopefully get the win for the Spanish.

Team GB road to the final

View attachment 226991

Great Britain faced tough opposition in Ivory Coast and Mexico in the group stage however came through the group top with 9 out of 9 point. They then got an easy draw vs. Nigeria coming out 2-1 winners in a surprisingly close score line. Next they met Ivory Coast and confidence from their earlier win showed and booked their place in the 2012 final.

Spain road to the final

View attachment 226992

Spain faced a quite simple and easy group bar Brazil however they also won all three games and comfortably too. In the quarter final they drew South Korea a considerably easy opponent when it came to it and easily dispatched them 4-1. Next came up Brazil an extremely close came and went all the way to penalties with Spain winning 2-0.

History At The Olympics
Great Britain

GB have won the Olympics on two occasions, 1908 and 1912. Most years Great Britain haven’t even entered a team. However they have come 4th In 1948 with Sir Matt Busby at the reigns. Can Jake Burrows add to this list?

Spain

Spain have only won the competition on one occasion in 199. They have been Runners up in the years 1920 and 200. Will Spain be able to win their second Olympic Games Gold medal this year?

Match

Commentator: Welcome to the 2012 Olympic games, lets start off by saying; what an amazing season Jake Burrows has had, his first ever 13 months of Professional management and he has won the League and Fa Cup double also now in the Final of the Olympics. What an amazing achievement. Now let’s get onto the football. What a great game we have in store today. Great Britain vs. Spain.
Here are the Team line ups:

Great Britain Spain
View attachment 226993View attachment 226994

Olympic Games Final 2012
Great Britain vs. Spain

View attachment 226995

Commentator: Lets get the game underway!

Half time
Great Britain 1 vs. 0 Spain
Jones 35th min

Spain have played brilliant this half and are unexpectedly losing, Great Britain credit their defence so far as they have certainly kept them in the game

Full Time
Great Britain 1 vs. 0 Spain
Jones

Great Britain have done it! They are Gold medallists! Who would of expected that they would come out on top of this one! Jubilant scenes on the pitch here and even manager Burrows is being thrown up and down by the staff and players alike.
MOM Phil Jones

Great Britain Player of The Olympics
Wayne Rooney

View attachment 226996

Finished the Tournament with 5 goals and claimed the Top scorer of the Olympics award. Played exceptional throughout with consistent performances

Burrows’ View

Wow! What a start / end of my seasons. The lads played excellent and I am very proud of them. The lads back in stoke have congratulated me and told me about they were all sat laughing at my facial expressions as the game wore on. Really ecstatic for the lads to get some International glory!

I have my Community shield match coming up and the August update, try get it up by tonight guys! How am i doing, i am back home now! so will be doing daily updates as usual, sorry for being slow last few days, am sure you understand why :) Burrows is back!

Class mate, doing the triple (sort of!) ;) in your first season

View attachment 227034

Community Shield 2012
Manchester United vs. Stoke City

The day is finally here. The ‘start’ of the new Premier League season begins right now, this gives the chance to one of these teams to set the tone for the upcoming season and lay down the marker to other teams. Today’s clash Is between Manchester United and Stoke City.

Both Managers, last season had terrific years. United boss Alex Ferguson won the League and Champions League double whilst City boss Jake Burrows won a domestic double of the Carling Cup and Fa Cup. Burrows will have a self boost as he only came back from the Olympic games final in which he got himself a gold medal.

Alex Ferguson is no stranger to this competition after winning it on numerous occasions whilst Jake Burrows is new to it with this being only his second season. Both teams will be looking for a win to give them that boost for the start of the season.

Team Line Ups

View attachment 227036 View attachment 227038

Stoke City

Manager Jake Burrows is giving debutants Drenthe, Cahill and Johnson starting places for this match as they look to get a steady start for the season. However they will be without 17 year old Mbaye Niang , who is out for another 3 weeks with a fractured arm. With Kenwyne Jones looking to take his chance a claim a spot in the starting XI for the first match against Wolves.

Key Player

View attachment 227046

Manchester United

The red devils will be without talisman Wayne Rooney and centre back Phil Jones as they aren’t available for this match due to recuperation after the Olympics. There will be starts for Lindegaard and Gibson. Ferguson has stated earlier in pre- season that De Gea is struggling so that’s maybe the reason why he has been dropped for this match.

Key Player

View attachment 227039
Community Shield Final
Stoke City 2 vs. 3 Manchester United
Crouch , Johnson

Valid effort from the lads todays, we were unlucky to lose like that especially after scoring the equaliser in the 90th minute and still conceding two minutes after, what a shame. Very gutted about not holding on but that’s football ! You lose some, you win some. Simple. Unlucky lads, keep the performance up though!

The game kicked off and after 5 minutes Walters limped off injured and was replaced by Crouchy, talk about a super sub! He scored within two minutes of coming on!
Macheda equalised in the 44th minute, which obviously was a kick in the teeth as I was hoping we would hold on.

The second half commenced and the team were fairly even, yet it was United who broke free when Macheda popped up and scored, The equaliser came in the 90th minute from debutant Adam Johnson. With time nearly up and the game going into extra times, Macheda popped up and finished his hat trick with a 90+2 min goal to confide us to second place.

View attachment 227041

MOM Macheda
Popped up with a hat trick and played sensational.

View attachment 227042

Shame you lost but it's good even to score 1 goal against united.You would have won the quad as well:'(

Shame you lost but it's good even to score 1 goal against united.You would have won the quad as well:'(
Yes i know :( however i am happy with the result i guess.... August update on it's way though :D ! hope your enjoying pal!
ps thanks for the vote :)

Unlucky against United mate, some quality signings as well to improve your squad.

August’12

View attachment 227266

With the beginning of the Premier league season starting yesterday, Stoke and Wolves will be looking to get a good start to the league campaign. Stoke’ Gary Cahill, Roysten Drenthe and Adam Johnson are all making debuts. However they are without young starlet Mbaye Niang as he has a fractured arm and Jonathan Walters for at least another 2 weeks.

Burrows: Lads, it’s the new season, we had a great pre-season, and I look to continue the form into the season. Keep playing the ball around and when we lose it, just keep chasing it down. Bring the three points home!

Huth: Come on lads! Lets go out there and do it for the gaffer!

Match Day 1
Wolves 1 vs. 0 Stoke City

Absolutely gutted with this result. Fair play to Wolves they played well, but we were shocking! I expected to maybe grab three points here, but it just wasn’t to be. Really need to play better if we are going to do well this season.
MOM Wilson Palacios

View attachment 227267

Stoke face a tough away match today. And after losing against Wolves they will be looking to bounce back with a win today.

4th Qualifying Round 1st leg
Dinamo Moscow 0 vs. 1 Stoke City
Crouch

We played better than the last game and got the vital away goal. From the dugout it looked a very tight game and the boys played with courage and strength to get through the match. If we play the same and maybe take our chances more then there is no reason why we can’t win the match
MOM Asmir Begovic

4th Qualifying Round 2nd leg
Stoke City (3) 2 vs. 0 (0) Dinamo Moscow
Shawcross, Crouch

Well! What a game this turned out to be. With 65% we dominated the match and deserved our goals. Moscow really didn’t look like a team and the result came our way. Great result and it’s put us through! Brilliant lads!
MOM Ryan Shawcross

Match Of The Month

View attachment 227268

Player Of The Month

View attachment 227269

Burrows’ View

This month has only had three matches with 2 wins and a lose. I am very happy of getting through to the group stage of the Europa league. However on a negative note our first game of the season we succumbed to a 1-0 lose to wolves. However we bounced back. We have really struggled without Walters and Niang up front however Jonathan is now back in full training and we will be working to get him back fit again, whilst Niang is only about a week off being fit enough to trained. Happy Days !

Thanks for the Story of the week votes, i aim to please and hope i am doing so, i'll try my hardest to make my story as good as possible to increase the vote and followers count! by the way, thanks for everyone's feedback since i started. Gives me a real boost

View attachment 227271
Transfer Market Closed!

The Transfers have been coming in and going out for the last 2 months and just in the English divisions there has been a whopping £564m spent.

The Biggest Transfer this summer has been Ganso joining Manchester City for a reported £40m from Santos!

Chelsea were the biggest spenders with a massive £80m spent on players, whilst Leyton Orient added no less than 15 players to there squad!

Other big transfers were; Manchester United singing Brazilian full-back Maicon for a £22m fee/ Tottenham added Hamsik to their very strong squad. Which will boost their link from midfield and forwards as Hamsik will look to run at defenders and also send through a killer pass. What a signing he could turn out to be!

Stoke have made some great signing as they brought in Gary Cahill, Roysten Drenthe, Adam Johnson, Papiss Cisse and Kyle Walker. What excellent buys for Stoke and manager Jake Burrows looks like he has been very busy this summer!

Transfer Summary

View attachment 227272

Last edited:
Well done, great first season!

Just wondering though, what happened to Kyle Walker? I thought you signed him too?

And more player screenies would be nice. :)

Well done, great first season!

Just wondering though, what happened to Kyle Walker? I thought you signed him too?

And more player screenies would be nice. :)

Edited :L must of forgot as i was rushing to finish it + yea i will do, any in particular anybody would like?

Last edited:
September 12

View attachment 227516

Match Day 2
Aston Villa 1 vs. 2 Stoke City
Walters, Cisse

We went in at half time 1-0 down and I told the lads how I felt about their performance so far. The second half commenced and we found an equaliser out of no where and from then on we looked comfortable and then got a deserved winner. Brilliant lads!
MOM Wilson Palacios

Match Day 3
Stoke City 3 vs. 1 Fulham
OG, Niang, Cahill

Brilliant performance today! We controlled from the start and thoroughly deserved the win. I am glad the lads reacted to what I have been saying through the week as I have told them about improving defensively but still getting the shots in at goal! Looks like it worked!
MOM Adam Johnson

View attachment 227517

Group Match 1
Levki 1 vs. 5 Stoke City
Cisse(2) Cahill Niang (2)

What a result from the lads here. We have sure hit the ground running in the group stage this year. With us being given a very hard group, we looked to begin it with a win and we sure got that. I’m sure this is will give us a great confidence boost as we look to regain our Carling Cup title against Liverpool next.
MOM Papiss Cisse

View attachment 227518

3rd Round
Stoke City 2 vs. 1 Liverpool
Thiago, Cisse

Wow, what a result! I secretly didn’t think we had a chance in this one, but I kept the boys fired up anyway, and we grabbed two good goals to put ourselves 2-0 up at the interval and then went into the second half with one thing in mind ‘Keep The Ball’ .
MOM Thiago

View attachment 227516

Match Day 4
Stoke City 3 vs. 1 Sunderland
Niang, Cisse, Pennant

7 game win streak now in all competitions! We played brilliant today and totally out classed our opponent. Passing is the key and that’s what we have been doing training, matches everything!
MOM Mbaye Niang

Match Of The Month

View attachment 227521

Player Of The Month
Papiss Cisse
View attachment 227522

Burrows’ View

Pulled off a great month. We are still unbeaten all month and look good in how we play. I will host a team meeting in the next couple of days to see if anybody has any enquires or problems.

Will get September up tomorrows. I will be trying to think of ideas to write up whilst half way through normal updates. PM me anyone with any ideas... Also i will have Screen shots up tomorrow as well of certain things/players etc

Last edited:
Great story and some great buys ... very good first season, and second looks to be going strong.

I would like to see some screenshots of your tactics you use, and player roles etc

‘Jake Burrows I am proud to announce you manager of Engl…’

Wow, crazy dream! I had recently won the premier league with Stoke and the FA approached me to take over the England job. I was ecstatic. How amazing If dreams actually came true, little old Burrows national manager of England. That would be a newspaper article I’d like to read!

The last 15 months has flown by. Two years ago I was battling for 2nd spot for Grimsby Borough and now I am here with Stoke City battling for European spots in the Premier league! Unbelievable when I think about it but it’s true. Fa cup winner, Carling Cup and recently a Gold medal winner at the Olympics. If only my mother was here to share with me.

I have similar aims and ambitions for this season as the last, so far we have played excellent and will be looking to improve and better our performance on the pitch as well as give the fans a good showing. I aim to achieve a minimum of 6th in the league, semi finals of the Carling Cup and Quarter finals of the Fa cup and Euro Cup.

As a child I grew up to want to be a policeman, however incidents with my father put me off that job as I never have looked up to him. All my achievements have been through my mother. It was her that told me to apply for coaching badges and encouraged me throughout the course. My decision to join Stoke City wasn’t to do with my mum however and I have turned out to of chose the right decision and have enjoyed every experience so far and many more to come I am sure.

October’12

View attachment 227671

Group Match 2
Stoke City 3 vs. 1 Sevilla
Cisse, Walters, Niang

A brilliant result! We were underdogs and proved to everyone that we will not go down without and fight and we must of shocked the opposition and deservedly win 3-1. Well done lads!
MOM Jonathan Walters

View attachment 227672

Match Day 5
Norwich City 1 vs. 2 Stoke City
Cisse, Palacios

Once again, fantastic performance from the lads and we came through a tough match. We always knew coming to Carrow Road would be a tough battle and thankfully we won that battle their today and went home happy with a good three points.
MOM Wilson Palacios

Match Day 6
Everton 2 vs. 5 Stoke City
Cahill(2) Niang (3)

Well, I never expected this outcome and once again this month we thoroughly deserved it! Niang scored an excellent hat trick to claim the match ball. Well done young man, so recent from your long injury,
MOM Mbaye Niang

View attachment 227671

Group Match 3
AS Saint Etienne 2 vs. 4 Stoke City
Pennant(2) OG, Jones

Brilliant performance from the lads and we remain unbeaten in all three matches this group stage which is top stuff seeing as though our group is one of the hardest. Jermaine Pennant played superb this match and deserved his two goals and Man Of The Match
MOM Jermaine Pennant

View attachment 227672

4th Round
Stoke City 2 vs. 0 Fulham
Pennant, OG

Pennant popped up with the goods this game and put a real twist onto the match. An excellent performance throughout the team and we will now be heading into the Quarter Finals and looking to regain our trophy!
MOM Jermaine Pennant

Match Of The Month

View attachment 227673

Player Of The Month

View attachment 227677

Put in a good months worth of shifts this month and grabbed vital goals and more importantly assists.

Burrows’ View

From the dugout it was fantastic. In training the ball has been zipped around the pitch the whole time and grabbed brilliant wins and got vital three points from matches that were expected to lose against.

Sorry slow guys! been busy and tired. up now though woop :) Any feedback will be appreciated...

Wow, crazy dream! I had recently won the premier league with Stoke and the FA approached me to take over the England
Your dreams must be able to predict the future LOL.
edit:have you seen\got any good regens yet? if so would like to see some screenies

Last edited:

Wow, crazy dream! I had recently won the premier league with Stoke and the FA approached me to take over the England
Your dreams must be able to predict the future LOL.
edit:have you seen\got any good regens yet? if so would like to see some screenies.

I'll take a look, i have training tonight and off to see my mother in hospital. so will have it on later on tonight.
+ i hope they predict the future ;)