After Di Matteo - A Chelsea FC Story

Under 18s vs. QPR

QPR 1-1 Chelsea

G: Rees
A: Arizmendi

We travelled across town to verse the Rangers and we got a good draw. We didnt play well though and didnt deserve any more, if not less.

Man Of The Match - Josh Rees

Other then scoring the best goal from any Chelsea player all year, he was solid and was the main contributer as well as Arizmendi.

Reserve Report vs. Fulham

Fulham 0-0 Chelsea

So another young team stayed in London, this time our reserves took on Fulham reserves. We got a good draw against a far more expeirienced side. Our defence was strong but our midfield and attackers were weak.

Man Of The Match - Rhys Williams

The man I brought for 14k is doing very well in the reserves. He is Australian and the reason I brought him because he was impressing me at the U21 level. He is one of the best reserves at the moment and proved it today by making his opponent, Damien Duff, cut in often and play him on to the central defender while also being the bestin the defence at cutting out through balls.

Premier League vs. Fulham

So we host Fulham today at Stamford Bridge. I expect a win against this out of form side, heres the lineup:

SAME AS LAST MATCH

Tactical View: So I put out the exact same team that beat Steaua. They didn't play well but indivisually showed a lot of quality and I wanted this taleted group too bond more against Fulham.

Chelsea 3-0 Fulham

YES!!!! A massive win against Fulham and I am very happy!! The attack was so skilled and flowed so well while the team defended a man each. Each of my players out defended there opponent and when they occasionly got away, Cech was there to be as good as ever. The first goal was when Perotti was played in by Mata, he went left then cut in. He did a quick pass back to Mata and Mata smashed it home. The second was when Mata got the ball from Essien just outside the attacking third. He took a touch then saw a lovely run by Negredo, perfect pass and Negredo chipped it over the keeper. The last was when Ramires recieved it from Mata, the Fulham defence were deep so Negredo played off the back of his defender, recieved the pass from Ramires and tucked it home cooly in the near post.

Man Of The Match - Juan Mata

So hard to pick between Negredo and Mata, but Mata gets the Man Of The Match award. He was always involved in attacks and picked out a lot of good runs. He got an assist and a goal, and got the pass to the assist for the third goal. He was the leader in the attacking four and thouroghly deserved this.

Premier League vs. Wigan

We get another home match in the premier league against a lower opponent as we take on Wigan on a sunny Sunday afternoon. I have to respect Wigan and not put a youth team out there, but we have got mid-week Europa League action so heres the lineup I picked:

Cech

Ivanovic Cahill Luiz Gordon

Romeu Fellaini
Ramires Meireles De Bruyne
Lukaku

Subs: Hilario/Terry/Bertrand/Chalobah/Redmond/Mata/Negredo

Tactical View: Selections are getting harder every week with so many players impressing. This is obviously not my A team but it is strong. Lukaku and Meireles have impressed for reserves coming back from injury, the wingers have pace, and the rest are just good defenders. I hav an extraordinary bench with the power duo of Mata and Negredo ready to make an impact and the returning Nathan Redmond could come on and didn't start because he is not fully fit.

Chelsea 2-0 Wigan

We are in great form aren't we!? Yet another clean sheet, and two great goals to get us the win. The first goal was from a corer taken from Meireles. He went far post where Cahill did amazing to outstrenghen his opponent and head it in right into the top corner where the player on the post had no chance. The second started in defence where all of a sudden Luiz went for a masive pass to the run of returning sub Redmond. He dassed down the right and whipped it in low, where Lukaku was waiting. Lukaku didn't shoot though, he did a smart little touch backwards for De Bruyne to run onto, De Bruyne then smashed it into the roof of the net to make it 2-0 and give us 3 points.

Man Of The Match - Gary Cahill

Cahill led the defence today with David Luiz and stopped anything before it was close to becoming a danger. He defended their lone striker, Franco Di Santo, very well and hardly let him touch the ball. H e had amazing strengh as he scored his goal and placed it perfectly, one of the best headers you will ever see.

Reserve Report vs. Genk U19s

Chelsea 3-3 Genk

G: Smitheringdale/Ashton/Bamford
A: Rees/Arizmendi/Smitheringdale

We played very well against a very, very tough team. Our defence was split a lot but we attacked well a lot so we deserved the draw in my opinion in this great game.

Man Of The Match - Josh Rees

He played purely class. We got Rees cheap and he is proving to be a bargain. He controlled the midfield well, defended reat but his attacking was the best. He would run the moves like a point guard in Basketball get a lot of 1-2s and got into dangerous positions. His assist was lovely as he switched positions quickly with Njuguna and crossed it in right to Smitheringdale.

But a lot of injuries came out of this match:

Smitheringdale - 1 week
Ferrani - 3 weeks
Figueira - 4 weeks
A Gordon - 6 weeks
Piazon - 8 weeks

Europa League vs. Vojvodina

Yeah, if your like me you have no idea who this team is, so this should be easy at the Bridge, heres the lineup:

Cech

Montoya Bruma Terry Bertrand

Essien Ramires
Krasic De Jong De Bruyne
Lukaku

Subs: Hilario/Cole/Cahill/Fellaini/Perotti/Mata/Negredo

Tactical View: As we verse West Brom away on the week-end, this is the best team I can put out. This team is full of quality in attack and defence and should easily get the win.

Chelsea 3-0 Vojvodina

A good win buy my boys but there could and should have been more goals scored. We didn't ever get tested in defence and probably would have been the same if I put my youth team out there. First goal came from De Bruynes corner near post where Terry was lerking, beat his marker and put it home. Second was when De jong tried to play it through to De Bruyne, but it deflected off the defender back to De Bruyne who shot it from 20 yards into the top corner. The last was started by Bertrand who played the ball short to De Bruyne at half way, then he did a one two with Bertrand then smashed it forward. Lukaku picked on Vojvads high line, chested it down just inside the box and slotted it under the keeper.

Man Of The Match - Kevin De Bruyne

His teamwork, skill and work rate were extraordinary today. He got two assists and should of got a goal but it was offside, poor decision by assistant ref. He wasted a lot of opportunities when he was free at the edge of the box as he smasg=hed it over the bar again and again and again. If he can improve on those and his general finishing, he may get a starting place over Perotti soon.

THEY SAID MOURINHO WAS A BRILLIANT DEFENSIVE COACH. HE WAS KNOWN FOR DOING GREAT DEFENDING FOR CHELSEA. BUT MY FRIENDS, I HAVE SET THE NEW RECORD WITH 8 CLEAN SHEETS IN A ROW!!!!!!

Under18s Report vs. QPR

Chelsea 3-2 QPR

G: Jaouhari (2)/Shoretire
A: Mensah/Seremba/Swift

We defended well and attacked brilliantly. They were terrorising our defence all day and we did well to nly concede two. Our attack was brilliant all afternoon and took advantage very well of all our opportunities.

Man Of The Match - Rayan Jaouhari

Two goals, great defending and brilliant runs got Rayan the Man Of The Match. He has impressed a lot since joining from LEMANS for 1m pounds.

Premier League vs. West Brom

We have had two preety easy games this week but this looks like the toughest. This is at the Hawthorns and it is never easy there and they have a lot of talent but with or form and quality I still expect the win. Lineup:

Cech

Ivanovic Cahill Luiz Cole

Romeu Meireles
Redmond Mata Perotti
Negredo

Subs: Hilario/Bruma/Kane/Ramires/Krasic/De Jong/Lukaku

Tactical View: The back 5 were obvious so we will move on. Romeu beats Essisen because he is looking more creative and has a lot to prove defensively and I want to see that today. Meireles has done well in the advanced role so I want to try him back here. Both wingers have to prove something and they both have skill so they star. Mata obvious but Negredo just gets it over De Jong and Lukaku, but they are both subs.

West Brom 1-2 Chelsea

The positives. Meireles did brilliant in a deeper role and will get more starts. And we got the 3 points. The Negatives. We conceded and Mata will miss the City game and possibly the Derby game. We didnt play bad or extraordinary, we played a average. They got the first goal from a corner which was devastating but we came back. Just 4 minutes later, Romeu passed it to Meireles at half way. Meireles then ran forward, faked a past to Negredo and shot from a mighty distance which beat the keeper. We then got the winger when Redmond was being jockied, then he took one masive touch forwartd to break free. He went on a run and no-one could keep up, he crossed it in perfectly for Negredo who used his neck terrificly to put it past the keper, 2-1.

Man Of The Match - Raul Meireles

Raul debuted in his new role today and owned it! He was the man to switch from controlling into a solid attack and alwayts got himself into dangerous positions. On defence he had so much energy and put them under pressure a lot.

"Chelsea Enjoying Life With Drury"

My best mate that I have in England gave me this this morning. The title read out "Chelsea Enjoying Life With Drury." That got me looking back a lot at whats happened so far. After being the ultimate wildcard, I got the Chelsea job after rejecting Australia. Sold a lot and brought HEAPS! Got some praise for the signings going into the youth team but got a lot of hate with my cheap signings. After a bad start and an epic boardroom meeting, our defence turned into our main asset and we got the goals to give us the 3 points. We are currently fourth but only 3 points off leaders, Tottenham. What a start we have had in the first 9 games, hopefully we can win stuff to prove the doubters wrong!!

Carling Cup Fourth Round vs. Manchester City

What a hard early tie! I'm going to give the youth some time though but I have to play a bit of first team as well to compete. This is the first trophy available in my cup run and I desperately hope we can get past City today at home. Lineups:

Cech

Kane Kalas Ivanovic Bertrand

Essien Ramires
Krasic Kakuta De Bruyne
De Jong

Subs: Hilario/Cahill/Williams/Chalobah/Albrighton/Sturridge/Lukaku

Tactical View: Kane and Bertrand were obvious to me and deserve good game time. Ivanovic will be tested in centre back next to the young but solid Tomas Kalas. Two solid expeirienced players in the middle and the right while the other 3 are young and quality. I am pleased to put Aryn Williams on the bench today and will be training with the first players until at least January and may get a few more sub appearances.

Chelsea 2-0 Man City

That's how Chelsea do it! They played a full strengh side except the exclusions of Aguero and Hart and we still beat them! The first goal started with Krasic who recieved from Ramires and is just outside the box. De Jong made a great run into the box, ignored him and passed to the man on the edge of the box, Kevin De Bruyne. He shot with his wrong foot and it went right into the near post bottom corner. Then just three minutes later in first half stoppage time, we struck again. We had our 3 to their 2 and right on the edge of the box. Krasic ran forward, then laid it off to Ramires. He ran iknto the box, faked a shot and passed it to the open Kakuta who beat Pantillimon. I was also pleased that Williams got 85 minutes as Kane was injured early, he is okay though.

Man Of The Match - Ramires

He was everyone I expect Ramires to play like but he played at his best. His mixture of passes, his runs, his positioning and most importantly his stamina and work-rate. He got an assist but was always the leader in our attacks and was lively in defence as well.

Premier League vs. Derby

Berby have not had a good start since they got promoted and are at the bottom of the barrel. Saying that though, Pride Park is never an easy place to go and we have to fight hard to score and keep them out. Lineup:

Cech

Montoya Luiz Terry Cole

Romeu Fellaini
Negredo Meireles Redmond
Lukaku

Subs: Hilario/Bruma/Bertrand/Chalobah/Krasic/Kakuta/De Jong

Tactical View: Back 5 were the best, most fit players available and will make it hard to let Derby score. The double pivot both have been a bit poor defensively and average in attack so they get another chance. Meireles gets another start in an advanced role, and Redmond goes back to his preffered wing, and when he last played there he got moan of the match. Lukaku has been in good form and Negredo gets a chance on the wings and if he does good could potentially get some starts there.

Derby 1-3 Chelsea

Good attacking display but the defence was very sloppy. They let us down a lot and should play better in there role. They struck first when they played through Terry and Luiz and lobbed Cech, they beat the offside trap Terry put out. But then we scored. Redmond ran towards the halfway line, looking for options. He passed to Lukaku who held it up and passed it wide for Negredo. Negredo made a great run, cut inside and psed itto the onrushing Lukaku who put it in the back of the net. Romeu then recieved it from a long Luiz throw, he turned then got tripped, penalty. Cole sepped up and put it down the middle to put us in the lead. For he third and final goal, Redmond beat two defenders, got in the box and got tripped, another penalty. Cole stepped up again and hit it to his right, keeper guessed it but still went in.

Man Of The Match - Romelu Lukaku

Not only did the big Belgian score, but he did the Drogba role amazingly. He held the ball up for the on rushing wingers and midfielders so great and took on is man when he needed too, and did beat him.

Players On The Brink Of Leaving

Some playersin my squad just hn't beeonssitet enough. These are the players that will leave in January and there replacements :

Daniel Sturridge - Whether it's striker, wing or attacking midfield he is no where near good enough. He does not have much room to improve and we should use a better replacement.
Replacement:
Milan Lalkovic - Lalkovic will be given a chance as I will call him back in January. He wil be given halfa season to show his worthy or a replacement will come in.

Branislav Ivanovic - I have tried him in right back and centre but it doesn't work. He is not fast enough or good enough in a tackle to stay here. I still need an expeirienced right back so he will most likely play a lot.
Replacement:
Darijo Srna - Srna has played brilliantly at Shakhtar and deserves a big move. Yes he is 30 but I need someone expeirienced to replace Ivanovic and he is the best option.

John Terry - That's right, Mr.Chelsea himself, John Terry will be sold. He has played far below what he should and will be faded out going into January.
Replacement:
Victor Ruiz - I do not think Omerou is ready so I will look at Ruiz. Cheap, maybe 6m pounds, only 23 and a great team player. His other attributes coul be a little better but he has room to learn.

I will also watch the following players who I have signed and see if they should stay past off-season

Marc Albrighton
Maroune Fellaini
Diego Perotti

Back