After Di Matteo - A Chelsea FC Story

Reserve Report vs. Benfica u19s

My reserve squad got too travel to Portugal to play a brilliant Benfica u19s team, so I got my assistant to go there. He was impressed and gave me a lot of good advice.

Benfica 1-2 Chelsea

G: Arizmendi/Jaouhari
A: Bamford/Arizmendi

Man Of The Match - Rayan Jaouhari and Jose Luis Arizmendi

I JUST CAN NOT CHOOSE!!! Both are brilliant players and have stunning futures here at Chelsea. Both players took there goals very well and both will be apart of the front four at Chelsea one day.

Europa League vs. Vojvodina

We play Vojvodina again in meed-week action, this time away. Hoping for a good victory from my team. Lineup:

Cech

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Bertrand

Chalobah Fellaini
Albrighton Kakuta Perotti
De Jong

Subs: Hilario/Bruma/Kane/Romeu/Mata/Sturridge/Negredo

Tactical View: Basically put out a team of people that will be leaving, people out of form, people I want to keep an eye on and some youngsters. We have a lot of technical skill all over the park and we should use that to our advantage with quick passing and good runs.

Vojvodina 0-1 Chelsea

We Just did it! We had opportunities through out the match, and lots of the, but failed to caputilize, we lacked creativity I think. The goal started when Albrighton swung in the corner, Bruma went to head it but was pushed over and we got awarded a penalty. Defensice mmid, Nat Chalobah tookit and hammered it under the keeper for the win.

Man Of The Match - Ryan Bertrand

The young lad performed superbly. He attacked with passion, got himself in good positions on attack and defence and defended his side well. His passing was also tremendous and was a bit of a creative spark on the left wing.

U18s Report vs. Crystal Palace

Chelsea 4-1 Palace

G: Mensah/Seremba/Shoretire/Arizmendi
A: Seremba/Jaouhari/Arizmendi/Banks

Palace came to us and got an absolute whipping! Although they got 1 past us, our defence and pivots were very solid. Our attack was obviously the standout though as they worked brilliantly as a team and ended up with 4 goals.

Man Of The Match - Ismail Seremba

Coming to Chelsea all those months ago and assesing the youth squad, Seremba was one I expected to leave after a season or two. But Ismail has proved me wrong with some of the best performances of our team and may have a big future here if he can continue what he is doing.

So usually I would think of a match vs. Wolves easy, but this one looks harder. With 6 players unavailable because of injury and international dates, we didnt have as much depth to pick from. Plus, it's at Molineux, they are a preety solid 14th, Terry Connor is still in charge (haha), and they have the one and only EMILE HESKEY on their their starting line-up. Lineup:

Cech

Montoya Kalas Luiz Cole

Essien Ramires
Krasic Mata Redmond
Lukaku

Subs: Hilario/Ake/Bertrand/Romeu/De Bruyne/Kakuta/Negredo

Tactical View: The defence is immensly talented going forward and defending so they will get involved in the attacks as we outnumber Wolves midfield and outpower their wings with pace. The midfield and defence will overflow them and get opportunities off to the wingers. And with all those players ddep or out wide, I wanted to play a big target man, Romelu Lukaku, up front instead of Alvaro Negredo.

Wolves 1-0 Chelsea

They scored early and after that we never got into the match.They got a wonder free kick which Milijas scored and it was downhill from there. We tried attacking but we never seemed to break through the defence or get it past the keeper.

Man Of The Match - Nathan Redmond

Nathan brought a whole new aspect into his playbook today, he can defend! Sure his attributes there are honestly preety terrible but he tracks back when needed to help out Cole, Kalas and Ramires and most of the time got the ball off them and launched a counter attack. He was the stand out today and I'm sure if Mata or Ramires was on form they would have launched a couple good balls to him, Krasic and Lukaku which they would have taken care of.

As always guys I really want to hear from you for improvments to the story so I can make it more enjoyable.

Hi mate just read through all of this absolutely fantastic, Nathan Redmond will go on to be a superstar if you have his individual training focus on finishing and learn the ppm places shots. The overall story is brilliant, will continue to follow, in terms of improvements there isn't much it's all personal preference take a look at mine 'taking on the special one' for some ideas :)

Hi mate just read through all of this absolutely fantastic, Nathan Redmond will go on to be a superstar if you have his individual training focus on finishing and learn the ppm places shots. The overall story is brilliant, will continue to follow, in terms of improvements there isn't much it's all personal preference take a look at mine 'taking on the special one' for some ideas :)

Thank you ollie. Redmond does look like he has major potential and I already had him on indivisual training for finishing, coaches want him to improve on crossing but thats 15 and shots are 10 and he cuts inside so im staying with finishing. And Im starting to read yours now, so far so brilliant!

Premier League vs. Manchester United

The leaders of the premier league, Man Utd, come to the bridge to take us on. They do not have Rooney available which is a real plaus and the only made 1 signing, Leichtsteiner. Lineup:

Cech

Montoya Bruma Luiz Cole

Romeu Meireles
Ramires De Jong Mata
Negredo

Subs: Hilario/Cahill/Bertrand/Essien/Perotti/Kakuta/Sturridge

Tactical View: Because of international fixtures, a lot of our squad are not fit or injured. No real wingers will be starting but I think they're good enough to beat United's preety poor defence.

Chelsea 3-1 Man Utd

A brilliant match today. It was very 50/50 and was a joy to watch. We got the first goal when Mata had the ball on the left, passed it to De Jong who was just outside the box, he made a run but De Jong caught De Gea out of position and smasshed it into his near post, a goal out of nothing! But a couple minutes later, Nani had it on he left, cut in and went back out. He beat Montoya, put a low ball in to Hernandez who placed it home with ease. But the replays showed he was offside by at least to feet, poor decision. Next Ramires played the one two near the corner flag on the right with Montoya, beat Pat Evra, ran into the box and passed it back to De Jong, who was free and smashed it into the roof of the net. That goal was with four minutes left. After that United wouldn't stop the highlight reel, but Chelsea would not let them through to get the late equaliser. Carrick had it, passed it to Fletcher who smashed it towards goal from way out. Looks like its going in but Cech gets a finger on it, it hits the post! Bruma heads it clear, it falls to Romeu who smashes it forward. United only have Ferdinand back, while Chelsea have Ramires on the right, De Jong down the middle and Negredo on the left. Negredo recieves it and runs forward into the box. He then fakes a shot, Ferdinand dives to save it. Negredo then passes it to the middle for De Jong, but De Jong dives at his feet so he flicks it back to Ramires who kicks it into an open net to win it for Chelsea.

Man Of The Match - Luuk De Jong

Luuk was forced to play a bit out of position behing the striker, Alvaro Negredo. But did he excel! 2 brilliant goals where he powered it home comparable to legend, Didier Drogba, and he got a very smart assist to the goal from Ramires. More of a selection head-ache now, he may start more in the striker role but what if the number 10 is his role.

Good Bye Marouane Fellaini

In the day before our premier league match against norwich, Fellaini, who has been underperforming in the few matches I've played him in, wanted to talk to me about first team football.

Fellaini "Hey boss, how are you doing?"

Me "Good thanks Marouane, but don't cut around the bush here, what did you come to my office for?"

Fellaini "Okay boss, well, I want more first team football. You said I would be used a lot when I came but Ramires and even sometimes Meireles are getting picked over me."

Me "Come on Marouane. Surely you would know you have been performing WAY below how you were expected and how you played at Everton."

Fellaini "To be honest sir, I don't care! I want to be the first option at centre mifield or be sold."

Me "WOW! I WOULD EXPECT MUCH MORE PROFFESIONALISM FROM AN UNDERPERFORMING PLAYER! Oh well then, I will let you leave if I can find a good deal. I will do my best to get you out by the end of January but you may have to leave at the end of the season."

Fellaini "Thank you Mr.Drury. If you play me I will still play to my best, good bye."

Me "To be honest mate, your not going to play that much, but thanks. See ya."

So a January move should happen with Marouane leaving. I hope to get 20-30m pounds for him to buy a replacement, but with his form we may only get something like 15m pounds. But I know the clubs who are interested in him, and I will try to work out a swap deal before offering him out for money. These are the players I want to get in a trade deal:

Joao Moutinho
Kevin-Prince Boateng
Lars Stindl
Steven Defour
Fernandinho
Ever Banega
Bastian Schweinsteiger
Kevin Strootman

Premier League vs. Norwich

We should have an easy time out against Norwich City today. They have a very weak squad and I'm very surprised they stayed up last season. It is also at Stamford Bridge so we have the fans backing. Lineup:

Cech

Williams Ake Cahill Bertrand

Essien Ramires
Krasic Mata Perotti
Lukaku

Subs: Hilario/Luiz/Cole/Meireles/Kakuta/Redmond/Negredo

Chelsea 4-1 Norwich

Just as I thought it would be pre-match, dominant display. Ake and Williams played very well in their first starts for Chelsea and if it wasn't for Bertrands lapse in concentration, we wuld have kept a clean sheet. First goal happened when Mata played it through to Lukaku (who has missed 3 wondeful opportunities so far) and the big Belgian smashed it into the top left corner leaving Ruddy with no chance. Next was from Mata's free kick which he swung in. Cahill flicked it on to Essien who chested it down to his feet and put it beyond the keeper to make it 2-0. The third was when Krasic recieved the ball, cut in but the keeper dived and punched it away at his feet. It fell for Ramires who chipped it over the defence and into the back of the net.Finally Ruddy cleared it in a hurry but Ramires headed it back into the box where Negredo ran into it and got it into the low post. We nearly got a 5th when Redmond was taken down, but Negredo hit the bar on the penalty.

Man Of The Match - Ramires

It was tough this week. No one player stood out but Ramires just performed the best. He got a goal and an assist and played very well in his role and his positioning was superb in attack and defence. I should also give a shout out to Gary Cahill who marked their danger man Holt and totally kept him out of the game.

Premier League vs. Liverpool

A tough game at Anfield against Liverpool, it's definetly going to be a challenge. But we have got a meed-week game against Juve and against Spurs on the week-end so it's not totally full strengh. Lineup:

Cech

Montoya Ake Luiz Cole

Romeu Meireles
Redmond De Jong De Bruyne
Negredo

Subs: Hilario/Bruma/Kane/Essien/Perotti/Mata/Lukaku

Tactical View: Ake gets another chance in full strengh backline, while we have gone creative in the pivot. The 3 attacking mids all have something to prove and are young with potential. Negredo gets another start after coming on to score in the last match against Norwich.

Liverpool 3-0 Chelsea

They simply outplayed us all over the park. We couldn't get through there great defence, they especially did well in blocking the passing lanes, where we usually take advantage of. Our defence didn't stand a chance of Luis Suarez, who scored there three goals from all outside the box, he was brilliant. They outnumbered us and outstrenghened us in midfield because De Bruyne and Redmond didn't track back enough which they needed to today.

Man Of The Match - Martin Montoya

Totally blocked Dirk Kuyt out of the game and was the one major plus we had.

Great story tbh you shouldn't change anything and just keep it up. Continue with Redmond on one of my saves he became a world beater!

This is the last match of the group stage. We have already qualified past the group and finished top, but there is something at stake. If we win, and Steaua beat Vojvodina, Steaua get through instead of Juve and I would definetly rather face Steaua later in the knockout rounds. W can also keep a perfect record. Lineup:

Hilario

Kane Ivanovic Bruma Gordon

Chalobah Fellaini
Albrighton Kakuta Perotti
Lukaku

Subs: Cech/Bertrand/Romeu/Ramires/De Bruyne/De Jong/Sturridge

Tactical View: So I decided to put a very weak team out as we play the Spuds on Sunday which will mean a lot more then this match. Cech gets a rest and Gordon, Kane and Bruma can develop and prove something. Chalobah gets a start as he gets used to his new position. Finally the front 4 have a lot to prove and get the opportunity at Juventus Stadium.

Juventus 5-1 Chelsea

Our team never had a chance against a full strengh Juve. They were determined and we just didn't fight. Our goal was late when Chalobah launched it forward. Kakuta just kept it in so it wasn't a goal kick, pullled it back to Diego Perotti who smashed it home for his confidence.

Man Of The Match - No One

I try not to do this often but no one performed over 6 for their rating. Hopefully we can still beat Tottenham.

Great story tbh you shouldn't change anything and just keep it up. Continue with Redmond on one of my saves he became a world beater!

Thanks mate! :) Yeah Redmond looks like he has real potential so I'm trying to start him as much as possible over Perotti and De Bruyne.

Porto Gone Crazy?!

One of my feeder team, FC Porto, who currently have Courtois on loan, have gone just a little bit crazy!

Pereira "Hello Mr.Drury, it's Vitor Pereira here, you know, manager of FC Porto."

Me "Hi Vitor. It seems like the connections between our club is working well. How's Thibaut doing?"

Pereira "Um, he's progressing well, could be doing better, but good and as blended very well. But I would like to discuss the possibility of transfering in two of your top players."

Me "Before you tell me who, you have got too know just because of our connection you will not get them any cheaper."

Pereira "I understand Liam, I just believe you have two very talented players that I want. They are Ramires and David Luiz. I will pay my whole budget, 15m pounds, and 25m pounds over 36 months for the both of them.

Me "Okay, three things. To replace these two with 15m pounds over January is crazy, we want to win. Second, I don't do money spread out over time. Third, that's not enough money."

Pereira "Got to admit, I'm dissapointed. I was hoping that would be enough. What do you want."

Me "Okay, my idea for this deal is long. I have followed 3 of your players in recent months and want two of them in this deal. If you can raise another 20m pounds this will work. So you give me 35m pounds and centre midfield pair, Joao Moutinho and Steven Defour. Then you get Ramires and David Luiz. I will also let you keep Courtois for the rest of the season and next season. In January you will also get Piazon on loan so your gaps are filled. You will keep him next year. Lastly you get Nathaniel Chalobah on loan for the rest of this season and the next as you lack quality in defensive midfield."

Pereira "Your very smart and very good at negotiating. Let me take some time and talk it out with the board and I will get back to you. Talk to you later Liam."

Me "Good bye Vitor, think wisely and take your time."

So if the deal goes through it will look like this

Chelsea Get: Porto Get:
35m Ramires
Steven Defour David Luiz
Joao Moutinho Nathaniel Chalobah 18 month loan
Lucas Piazon 18 month loan
Thibaut Courtois 12 month extension when loan expires

I would use the 35m for a new star centre back and a deal for a striker which is nearly set to go through for a couple million pounds. What do you guys think?

Premier League vs. Tottenham

We are 5th 5 points off leaders City, they are second 1 point off leaders City. This is a massive match that I think we have to win. Porto boss, Vitor Pereira was in the crowd, maybe seeing if they were worth the money and players because he didn't talk to me. Lineup:

Cech

Montoya Cahill Luiz Cole

Essien Ramires
Krasic Mata Redmond
Negredo

Subs: Hilario/Bruma/Bertrand/Romeu/De Bruyne/De Jong/Lukaku

Tactical View: TOTAL FULL STRENGH!!! If we play to our best I know we can beat local rivals, the spuds! This is going to be a cracker match!

Chelsea 1-1 Tottenham

It was a very, very good match at the Bridge. They got the first in a great match which was very even. Next we passed it around well. Krasic, Negredo, Redmond, and Essien launches it to Ramires who smashes it home out of nothing! It was a terrific match to manage but now I want to keep Ramires even more.

Man Of The Match - Michael Essien

In his first season back from ANOTHER major injury last season, he has been terrific. This was his best match yet though. He was our best defender on the edge of the box and his passes always got to his man. He is making it hard for Romeu to get a chance and I hope he can keep his form and fitness up.

Carling Cup vs. Fulham

It's the quarter final replay against Fulham at the Bridge. This has caused a LOT of fixtures in a little bit of time but I have an amazingly deep squad. If we win we will play Arsenal in the semis. Lineup:

Cech

Bertrand Ake Luiz Gordon

Romeu Fellaini
Sturridge Kakuta Redmond
De Jong

Subs: Hilario/Bruma/Williams/Ramires/Krasic/De Bruyne/Lukaku

Tactcial View: Becasues of the match against Spurs and a match against QPR two days later, we had to put a preety weak squad out. I have full belief in all of the players, except Fellaini and Sturridge a bit, so I am confident we can play very well and maybe get through.

Chelsea 1-0 Fulham

We just got away with it at the Bridge today. We got our goal after De Jong shot but Stockdale pulled off a great save. Redmond recieved it and put it right back in the middle where Kakuta brilliantly put it away. But in the 61st minute, Fellaini in his last match at Chelsea brought Hangeland down off the ball and got given a red card. From the on we defended and defended. We survived but in the last minute of stoppage time De Jong got his sedond yellow card so he will ot be available for I think 3 games.

Man Of The Match - Gael Kakuta

Not only did he score a brilliant goal and was clinical in his finsh, he starred in the last 30 minutes. He didn't let it go to the back 5 most of the time and launched a lot of counters which weren't taken advantage of.

Think you need to trim the fat at the end of the season, players like Ben Gordon just arent good enough. I do like what you're trying to do though and you got some nice players in the team

Back