After Di Matteo - A Chelsea FC Story

Think you need to trim the fat at the end of the season, players like Ben Gordon just arent good enough. I do like what you're trying to do though and you got some nice players in the team

Understood mate, but Ben has been performing great and I want to give these players opportunity. I imagine in the future when Cole is not good enough it will be like this:

First Choice - van Aanholt
Second Choice - Bertrand
Third Choice - Gordon

He is proving good enough for third choice

Premier League vs. QPR

A big London derby against QPR today Loftus Road. Although QPR are not doing great this season, London derbys are always tough and it's going to be a very hard match to win. Lineups:

Cech

Montoya Terry Cahill Cole

Essien Ramires
Perotti De Bruyne Mata
Lukakau

Subs: Hilario/Luiz/Kane/Romeu/Meireles/Krasic/Negredo

Tactical View: I'm giving Terry his fare-well match today as I am releasing him in January. I knew the three attacking midfielders would be Mata, De Bruyne and Perotti. But I wanted a left footer on the left and a right on the right so they can cross it in to the big target man, Romelu Lukaku.

QPR 1-2 Chelsea

It was the match that I expected and with a solid defence and a creative midfield combined with a clinical attack, we got the victory. For the first goal, Essien held it up, gave the one-two with Ramires and launched a high through ball to the wing for Montoya. Montoya took it first time and crossed it in, it was just behind Lukaku but he used his neck perfectly and put it home with power! Next Perotti cut in, got past Young but was tripped, Penalty! Ashley Cole took it but he smashed it over the bar like Sergio Ramos. But just 3 minutes later, Perotti got tripped in the box again, this time by Taarabt, another Penalty! This time substitute Alvaro Negredo took it and got it in the top corner. QPR got a stoppage time consilation from a corner but it was not enough as we just kept possesion after that.

Man Of The Match - John Terry

He actually performed very, very well. I have decided to let him go at the end of the season.

Europa League vs. Steaua

So we have one more match to play, we need to get a point to finsh first if Juve win. So a point would be nice but we have already qualified. Lineups:

Hilario

Bruma Chalobah Cahill Bertrand

Romeu De Bruyne
Albrighton De Jong Kakuta
Lukaku

Subs: Cech/Terry/Kane/Ramires/Perotti/Mata/Negredo

Tactical View: If our very defensive back four do well, as well as Romeu defending, I am more then confident that the front four and De Bruyne in central midfield can get the goals.

Chelsea 2-0 Steaua

We came out with a very good win. We dominated and deserved it. The first goal happened when De Bruyne dribbled past the midfield and took on the defence. He past it to De Jong and he expected the one-two, but De Jong took a long shot instead which hammered right past the keeper, take a bow son! The second was when Mata played it through to fellow sub, Negredo, who blocked a defenders clearance and smashed it home into the roof of the net.

Under 18's Report vs. West Ham

West Ham 1-2 Chelsea

G: Seremba/Shoretire
A: Ferrani/Mensah

We travelled the short distance to play the youth of West Ham and it was a joy to see. We scored in the first minute, but then they scored in the second! We ended up winning with Shoretire's goal on the 88th minute.

Man Of The Match - Ali Gordon

He is doing a great job in captaining the youth team. Today he launched attacks, made great runs from right back and lead the defence extraordinary.

I'm On My Way To Argentina!

To discuss a contract for a player, not for a job! I didn't take Ron Gourlay or Bruce Buk or Michael Emenalo with me or anyone, just one on one talks with this players agent.

Me "Hello Mr.Mino, how are you?"

Mino "Good thanks Liam, call me Julio. So I understand you are interested in my client, someone someone."

Me "Yes I am, I believe he can dominate Europe playing for us in a year or two."

Mino "Your lucky if he can aren't you Liam, the club told me it will only cost 10m pounds."

Me "That is correct Julio. What do you want to find out first on why your client should come to Chelsea Football Club?"

Mino "Well, my client doesn't want to stay in Argentina because he doesn't like the manager and wants a move to Europe to make an impact. With Negredo, Lukaku and De Jong already at your club, hwo will my client get a chance?"

Me "He will only have to compete with Lukaku and Negredo. De Jong is switching positions so expect to see your client in a lot of games."

Mino "Thank you for the reassurance, but now you need the money. I want 20k a wekk for my client. While also getting 1m now for me and him, each."

Me "At the moment I'm a bit out of cash beacuse of this transfer Julio. I am willing to pay you each 750k right now but bump your weekly wage up to 25k."

Mino "It sounds fare. I will get back to you with my clients final answer. Just one more thing Liam. This transfer may have to happen in the off season as my client is injured right now and may not pass his medical in this coming transfer window."

Me "Hopefully he does, but I will still take him in the summer. He does have an amazing record of 7 goals in 7 games so far, bye."

Who do you guys think my possible next transfer is?

Premier League vs. Aston Villa

We have got 4 matches in 14 days so we are in a bit of trouble. Obviously I cant put any full strengh team out there but because of my deep squad and the recall of Josh McEachran tomorrow, I am confident. Lineup:

Cech

Kane Kalas Luiz Cole

Essien Meireles
Krasic De Jong Redmond
Negredo

Subs: Hilario/Ake/Gordon/Ramires/Sturridge/Mata/Lukaku

Chelsea 3-0 Aston Villa

A great start to a start of a lot of games in a little bit of time! We gave them no chance, we kept possesion well and pressured there defence a number of times. We got a goal in the first minute when Meireles played it out wide to Redmond. Nathan then cut in like he does often and played a superb ball to Negredo. Negredo outran the defence and slotted it home under the keeper. Second we got a corner, whipped in by Mata and Kalas was pulled down when he went up for the header, Penalty! Cole stepped up trying to redempt himself and slotted it cooly past Given. Lastly Luiz cleared it, Negredo got to it and flicked it on into open space. Mata used his brilliant pace to get to it and break. He beat every defender from the half-way line and was off in search of a goal. Given picked the wrond way as it found the goal to finish off the match.

Man Of The Match - Alvaro Negredo

Alvaro has had a near perfect season so far. Either starting or as a sub he has made an impact by getting some assists and scoring a lot of goals. He got one of each today and is proving to be my best signing so far, along with Martin Montoya and possibly Nathan Redmond and Luuk De Jong for the future impact they look on making.

Yes mate a great signing. Is your new Signing Ocampos from River? Loving this mate, keep it up.

Premier League vs. Bolton

We travel to Bolton today, it wont be easy but the easiest we will get in the next couple games, so the starting line-up represents that. Lineup:

Cech

Montoya Terry Cahill Bertrand

Chalobah McEachran
Albrighton Kakuta Redmond
Lukaku

Subs: Hilario/Ake/Ivanovic/Essien/De Bruyne/Mata/Negredo

Tactical View: We have a weakened squad going into this match. With a game against Newcastle i couldnt afford lack of fitness so this was obvious to me. Hopefully McEachran can prove his worth today so I can rely on him for the rest of the season.

Bolton 2-3 Chelsea

Tight match that we did well winning and deserved it in my opinion. They got a goal first, it took a massive deflection off Bertrand leaving Cech with no chance. Then we scored, Albrighton was sprinting down the right, cut into the box and put a perfect ball to Kakuta's feet that he curved past the keeper. Then they conceded and own goal when Albrighton went on another one of his runs and crossed it right into Muamba which deflected in. Latly McEachran had it in possesion, tried to play a pass to Lukaku which hit the defender. It bounced back to McEachran who passed it off to Kakuta who launched an incredible goal 10 feet outside the box which went right into the top corner leaving the keeper with no chance. They nearly started a comeback when Davies got a free header from a corner but Cech did well to tip it over. Lukaku was also close when McEachran launched a ball, he took it down from his chest, went for the lob but it hit the crossbar and went out. They got one last one in stoppage time with a smart through ball and they smashed it over Cech.

Man Of The Match - Gael Kakuta

Kakuta is having a great season so far. He has wasted a lot of opportunities earlier in the season but has improved in his finishng and is turning into one of my best players for years to come. I also got to give a shout out to McEachran, Chalobah, Montoya and of coarse Albrighton.

Premier League vs. Newcastle

These games just don't stop! And ther like playing Stoke City on a raining Sunday morning, but with not all my players available because of match fitness. Since Krasic has not played very well recently, I talked to Milos, he was gentlemenly and calm about it and agreed he will have to play better to start. Lineups

Cech

Montoya Bruma Luiz Cole

Romeu Ramires
Krasic Mata Perotti
Negredo

Subs: Hilario/Cahill/Kane/Essien/Albrighton/Kakuta/De Jong

Tactical View: Over then a bit of an Essien rest, it is full strengh. I feel this will be tougher then the meed-week Stoke match so I've put out a squad telling of that. De Bruyne will not be back for 3 weeks becausee of a training injury, there goes a bit of depth.

Chelsea 4-0 Newcastle

And we should have got more! They did not have 1 shot or attack and we look like we are in form going into the second half of the season and a Carling Cup semi and the Europa Legaue knock-out rounds. First Mata played a perfectly weighted and timed pass to Perotti who ran in goal, faked a massive shot and put it under Harper. Next Krasic made a great run into the box, got three and passed it back to Ramires, who got tripped from behing for a penalty. Ashley Cole, our penalty taker, went up and kicked it like he did against Bayern Munich in the champions league final to score! Next Mata passed it to Negredo just outside the box, who passed it back to Ramires who played in Perotti who did the exact same finish as the first to make it 3-0 at the 15 minute mark. On 30 minutes, Krasic, Negredo and Mata all exchanged passes, then Mata passed it to Krasic who beat Boyata and Taiwo, and then put it perfectly into the bottom corner on Harpers far side. We should have got two more as well, but Mata and Negredo failed each of their opportunities after Krasic put in two great crosses.

Man Of The Match - Diego Perotti and Milos Krasic

My starting wingers are owning it!!! Today Perotti made 2 great runs with 2 great finishers, as well beng a very good part of our holding tactic. He is getting used to the premier league and my tactics and finally playing to his potential and could be a massive player for 8 years or so. While Krasic was terrorising Taiwo all day and got past him about 10 times, not joking. He would of got a lot of assists if people could finish his chances and not get complacent. Krasic peaked early in his start here and hasn't worked up to the arly hype, but he is getting his act together and could be a game changer this season with his amazing runs he does every game.

Back