Tried for a couple of games. Won all, didn't concede any goals and scored at least 4!!

Will try the other tactic that you did, but this one is working great (with tweaks for my team, ofc.)

Thanks for testing it out....im happy the tactic is still working fine....Im testing out my other tactic on the new patch as it has been slightly acting up.

Thanks for testing it out....im happy the tactic is still working fine....Im testing out my other tactic on the new patch as it has been slightly acting up.

Yeah, i saw that its conceding some, right? I have to say that i use this as home tactic and never against similar sides (Arsenal/Chelsea/City)

I'm currently on the process of testing and if necessarily tweaking the tactic (i dont want to completely change it)which should work much better with the new patch.

The scenario you mentioned also happened on the previous patch; you have to go along with these results as you wont be able to win every match even though ur team has 20% extra ball possession.

Yep. I can't say "nothing is working", coz the tactic is brilliant. I tested it with diffrent teams, like Porto, Barcelona, OM, AFC Wimbledon. It still working great with better teams. With the new patch inside forwards has taken shots too often for me (Alexis Sanchez 12 in match, 0 goals ;o). I tweak this and tell him to do more through balls and it working too!

Yeah, i saw that its conceding some, right? I have to say that i use this as home tactic and never against similar sides (Arsenal/Chelsea/City)

Im currently working on a update for that tactic which is looking promising; i've got the team able to take more shots and have much more CCC's. All thats left before i upload the update is to try and improve the defensive aspect of the tactic.

Yep. I can't say "nothing is working", coz the tactic is brilliant. I tested it with diffrent teams, like Porto, Barcelona, OM, AFC Wimbledon. It still working great with better teams. With the new patch inside forwards has taken shots too often for me (Alexis Sanchez 12 in match, 0 goals ;o). I tweak this and tell him to do more through balls and it working too!

Thanks for the suggestion , much appreciated....is it possible if you could load up some screenshots of this tactic in use on the new patch. Its so i can compare it to my own results...

Thanks for the suggestion , much appreciated....is it possible if you could load up some screenshots of this tactic in use on the new patch. Its so i can compare it to my own results...

I've also taken all long shoots, since the 2 wingers where going berserk! The TM pass to feet it's a must!

Started with your other tactic but with the new patch it just didn't have good effect.
Switched to this tactic for the West Brom match, got a draw which isn't bad considering the team weren't used to the formation and the amount of injuries I've had already.
Changed a couple of things to suit the team with Pienaar being a winger with not so good finishing I unticked the long shots on both Inside Forwards and set through balls to often. This has definitely increased the number of chances being converted for my side.
Also, the two central defenders weren't performing too well so I switched the right one (Jagielka for me) to actual Central Defender instead of Covering and his as well as the left central defender's performances have really improved in recent games.
The 2-1 over Tottenham and the 1-0 over Arsenal are particular highlights and of course the 4-1 over Reading - played them off the pitch!

Just a tip, definitely recommend following the tips in this thread and setting the team to narrow and slow tempo when trying to close out a match, has done the job for me in quite a few matches.

View attachment 293028View attachment 293029

im going to try this tactic with my local team Weston Super Mare im not expecting miracles but be good see how tactic copes at lowest league in england

Started with your other tactic but with the new patch it just didn't have good effect.
Switched to this tactic for the West Brom match, got a draw which isn't bad considering the team weren't used to the formation and the amount of injuries I've had already.
Changed a couple of things to suit the team with Pienaar being a winger with not so good finishing I unticked the long shots on both Inside Forwards and set through balls to often. This has definitely increased the number of chances being converted for my side.
Also, the two central defenders weren't performing too well so I switched the right one (Jagielka for me) to actual Central Defender instead of Covering and his as well as the left central defender's performances have really improved in recent games.
The 2-1 over Tottenham and the 1-0 over Arsenal are particular highlights and of course the 4-1 over Reading - played them off the pitch!

Just a tip, definitely recommend following the tips in this thread and setting the team to narrow and slow tempo when trying to close out a match, has done the job for me in quite a few matches.

View attachment 293028View attachment 293029

NIce tweaks....nice to see you used my suggestion of playing narrower and slowing the tempo....this suggestion works better when you are managing a weaker side.

The reasons for the injuries in the city match is mainly due to over playing them and lacking match fitness.

attack looks awesome! but you are conceeding too many shots from the opposition. i'd work on ways to limit opponent offense, because you wont manage to "only" concede 2 goals from city if you're allowing them 19 shots and 9 on target in every game. you might not even score 5 every game! personally i like solid tactics at the back. i know there are a lot of people that dont care about how many they concede as long as they score more and win, and i respect that, but as tactics go, you should always build from the back. no point in scoring 5 if you concede 6 is there?

keep up your work and i hope it bringsd you success mate

attack looks awesome! but you are conceeding too many shots from the opposition. i'd work on ways to limit opponent offense, because you wont manage to "only" concede 2 goals from city if you're allowing them 19 shots and 9 on target in every game. you might not even score 5 every game! personally i like solid tactics at the back. i know there are a lot of people that dont care about how many they concede as long as they score more and win, and i respect that, but as tactics go, you should always build from the back. no point in scoring 5 if you concede 6 is there?

keep up your work and i hope it bringsd you success mate

I completely understand what u're saying...cheers dude

looks good! will probably perform even better once your team gets more used to the changes

Updated Tactic for patch 13.2:
To anyone who is still using my tactic I'll firstly like to say thanks. However, users may have noticed a dip of form since the new patch 13.2 has been applied to FM13. I have now finished on an update for this tactic and I hope everyone enjoys it. If you're team is still lacking please let me know and I can try and work on that aspect.

When you download this tactic now you will have to unzip the file to find two tactics;
  • 4-3-3 SkeetSkeet(Orginal) - Original tactic
  • 4-3-3 SkeetSkket(Original)v2 - This is the latest update that works with the new patch 13.2

Team Instructions and Formation:

View attachment 293167

As you can see that it is slightly different than my previous tactic. With this tactic however the team will be playing narrower and at a slower tempo. (This is due to Inter not really being a quick team). Also, I have included the more discipline option as then the players actually do what I want them to do. (This is v.important that this stays on as whenever I change it to default or more expressive the team does horrible). I have tweaked the player instructions so they more effective. I have also implemented many of the user's suggestion on this site to get the AMR & AML to uncheck the long shot option but instead check the through-ball option to often. Also, I have changed IF's to Wingers; have been more successful as wingers for me- If others disagree you can always change it back.

The new major change is that the Striker is no longer as poacher but instead a Target Man (TM). For me recently having a poacher as a striker has not been successful as they are not scoring enough goals. However, when changed to TM the striker is scoring more. Again people can alter this to match their liking.

I am also using the Zonal Marking Option as it has been more effective for me.

Current Results Achieved:
View attachment 293170

As you can see the score's are similar to when using the previous patch. After the Man City, I did focus on the defensive side of the tactic. This change has made a difference as after the Man City game I have played 13 games and managed to score 33 goals and conceded only 4 goals (Two being against Juventus).

Match Stats:
View attachment 293177View attachment 293178View attachment 293179View attachment 293180

I've tried to reduce the amount of shots that opponents can have. Only with Juventus I could not prevent them taking just as many shots as I did. (They are the best team in Italy). As you can notice we are having more of the possession than compared to the older tactic.

Current league standing:
View attachment 293181

Please as always all comments are appreciated even if they are negative.

Last edited:
nice! i'll try it out this week end!

this 4-4-4 formaton sounds interesting :p

is the 4-4-4 up yet? I will try it on my newcastle save