I tried this with Barca for a bit but the results were very mixed. While I trashed some teams with 6-8 goals there were also some super weak games, especially against Real whom I lost to 1-5, 1-4 and 0-2. Once in the league and twice in the cup.

The main problems for this tactic seems to be long balls over the back and if you play against a 4-3-3 and FB pushes forward bascially doubling up on your right FB.
that long ball counter is very rare in my hull and juventus
try not to change your back 4 in early season, slowly introduce new face to defence line using subs before you can actualy rotate them
i called this back 4 cohesion, and this happen to all tactics in FM15.2

also pique is the worst DC for this tactic, try to remove ppm mark opponent tightly
View attachment 318755

this tactic could be game breaking if we could just tighten the defence a bit

Testing this one out.... both AML/AMR create so many chances. most games its averaging 50 shots with more than have on target.
But there can be flaws in defending. I know this tactic is extreme attack with the overload. but the back four at times are in no mans land and forget to tackle/mark!

But overall a great attacking tactic.... seen some amazing play with it

As far as I've noticed, this ME favours high pressing tactics, i.e. it's much easier to get consistent results with that approach. If you try a low, deep block and then countering, you're in for suffering. You just concede chance after chance and your players lose the ball very quickly.
All, and I mean ALL "plug and play" tactics released this year are very, very attacking. This 433 here is overload plus push higher up IIRC, which is insanely attacking and pressing.
As a result, there are a lot of trashings, but sometimes you're on the wrong end of it.

What concerns me greatly is how would the 2nd season fare with this when you use teams like Hull above. Let's say you overachieve massively and finish 3rd in the first season. In the second season everyone would play much more conservative game against you, while at the same time your team wouldn't be that much better (you can't do miracles in one transfer window). That, I think would produce a potential catastrophe. It will be interesting to see if someone plays two full seasons with teams like Stoke, Hull or Crystal Palace in PL.

i will tweak 1 more man to help defence.
testing it right now with hull

and i never tested for 15.1.3

As far as I've noticed, this ME favours high pressing tactics, i.e. it's much easier to get consistent results with that approach. If you try a low, deep block and then countering, you're in for suffering. You just concede chance after chance and your players lose the ball very quickly.
All, and I mean ALL "plug and play" tactics released this year are very, very attacking. This 433 here is overload plus push higher up IIRC, which is insanely attacking and pressing.
As a result, there are a lot of trashings, but sometimes you're on the wrong end of it.

What concerns me greatly is how would the 2nd season fare with this when you use teams like Hull above. Let's say you overachieve massively and finish 3rd in the first season. In the second season everyone would play much more conservative game against you, while at the same time your team wouldn't be that much better (you can't do miracles in one transfer window). That, I think would produce a potential catastrophe. It will be interesting to see if someone plays two full seasons with teams like Stoke, Hull or Crystal Palace in PL.
thats a very very good point, i have think about that
any tactics should be tested for 2 season (season 1st for suprise attack, 2nd season to see how the AI react)

i remember how Mr Hough plug and play tactics fail in 3rd season at FM13
you have a very strong point of view to consider
thank you mate

I find if you add pass it shorter n tackle harder to the centre half tightens up the defence

that long ball counter is very rare in my hull and juventus
try not to change your back 4 in early season, slowly introduce new face to defence line using subs before you can actualy rotate them
i called this back 4 cohesion, and this happen to all tactics in FM15.2

also pique is the worst DC for this tactic, try to remove ppm mark opponent tightly
View attachment 729892

I only tested it on Classic and you can't remove any PPMs there, at least not manually they either get removed automatically or not at all. But yeah I get what you mean some PPMs can be really counterproductive to what you are trying to do tactically.

Ok, so here is something from me. I have to say its working for me great!
The Oliveirense squad I'm managing is I'd say 4th best in the league, behind the famous trio of course.
So I started using tactic on the matchday with Barca.
View attachment 730048
Here are some results:
View attachment 318687View attachment 318686
View attachment 318685View attachment 318684
And the only loss (robbed)
View attachment 318683
My 2 starting CBs and STC
View attachment 318682View attachment 318681View attachment 318680
And league table (odd away record huh?)
View attachment 318679

my juventus save on 2nd season, buffon got broken leg injury for 6 month, i placed leali, and he doing about the same conceded as buffon last season
you are doing the right thing, knowing who is your first team back four is very important

thank you for your feedback mate

testing new tweak for extra 1 man defence

Last edited: