Barcelona after Messi, Xavi and Iniesta - Your view

It's the same as Ronaldo really though

Well no. Real Madrid didn't instruct their players to talk about how Cristiano Ronaldo has "Real Madrid DNA", how he really wants to be at Real Madrid, etc etc. They just were persistent in getting him.

As I said, there are varying levels of unsettling a player, and Barca takes the price.

Well no. Real Madrid didn't instruct their players to talk about how Cristiano Ronaldo has "Real Madrid DNA", how he really wants to be at Real Madrid, etc etc. They just were persistent in getting him.

As I said, there are varying levels of unsettling a player, and Barca takes the price.

its not illegal, unpleasant maybe but the way u guys talk about it, its like some horrendous crime

No it's not. The latest example is the corruption in the Qatar affair, where the new "shirt sponsorship" is just a payoff to Barcelona for helping them get a lucrative World Cup event.

Another example is the financial doping. Barca have bank loans for hundreds of millions, in a catalan bank that will never ever ask for loan repayments. Hardly fair play, but of course Barca goes around it as usual, by pretending to be clean.

If you know anything about Catalonia and their political position in Spain, this shouldn't come as a surprise. The way Barca acts towards other clubs is how Catalonia acts towards the rest of Spain.

Again, you can't back your claim up with any form of proof? So therefore, wild speculation

again, find me proof that Barcelona instructed their players to talk about Cesc? Maybe then i'll believe you.
Of course Barca would never admit to it, that would be against the rules of the sport. But it was blatantly obvious to anyone without a Xavi poster above their bed.

How is Cesc worth £100M when two of the best strikers in the world (Torres & Villa) both went for less than that. COMBINED. Also, the 2nd best player in the world went for £80M, and Fabregas isn't better than Ronaldo, or Kaka at that
Haha not better than Kaka? Why would Barca want him then? (H)

Arsenal and their fans should accept that £50-60M is a good price for him
As I said, anything below £60m is insulting. You are a Barca supporter, and would therefore not know the true worth of anything. Your team buys players like Chygrynski for £26 and sells him for £12m one year later. Your sense of worth is warped.

Barca cant afford him

Arsenal value him at 70 to 80 Million

what his club value him and what his real value is quite different

btw I am pretty sure Pool valued Torres higher than 50 but eventually everyone has to sell at Market Value and to me Fabregas is decidedly 40m

A good point, but i was reffering more for the desire of the player to eventually go to a club at an age where he isn't an embarressment. As i said before, i just have a feeling Barca will offer silly money and silly money is hard to turn down.

Again, you can't back your claim up with any form of proof? So therefore, wild speculation

Again, "proof" about what Barca players were instructed to do or not is hard to come by, but you'd only need a pair of eyes and a neutral stance against Barca to see it.

Regarding the other stuff, you can find facts about them everywhere.

Or are you saying it was just a coincidence that Barca's first proper shirt sponsor came two weeks after several representatives from the club helped Qatar, the country behind the sponsorship, get a World Cup event?

Are you saying Barca doesn't have loans ata catalan bank?

Of course Barca would never admit to it, that would be against the rules of the sport. But it was blatantly obvious to anyone without a Xavi poster above their bed.

As I said, anything below £60m is insulting. You are a Barca supporter, and would therefore not know the true worth of anything. Your team buys players like Chygrynski for £26 and sells him for £12m one year later. Your sense of worth is warped.

1. Again Wild Speculation, you act as if you are a insider at Bareclona FC.

2. I see so you value Fabregas higher than the likes of Torres and u rate him close to Kaka, plus just because he is a Barcelona supporter does not mean he is stupid, in that sense I can say that just cos you are a Arsenal supporter, the next time you walk your dog called the society for Pet Care and find out how to hold a lead

i should probably re name the thread...

barca would still dominate as they would buy players to replace them

what his club value him and what his real value is quite different

btw I am pretty sure Pool valued Torres higher than 50 but eventually everyone has to sell at Market Value and to me Fabregas is decidedly 40m

So Cesc is only £5m better than Andy Carroll? (H)

What his club value him at is the price. It doesn't matter what the "market value" is, if we don't want to sell him for less than £60m, we don't have to sell him. And we shouldn't.

Fabregas worth £100m?! Oh my life, I have heard some stupid things in this thread, but this takes the biscuit. Jesus.

you'd only need a pair of eyes and a neutral stance against Barca to see it.

Yes but yours is about as un-neutral as they come...

So Barca are corrupt coz Qataris are their shirt sponsors? Barca are the reason why Qatar won the bid?

Blame it on FIFA instead of Barca. I still dont know how Barca has got anything to do with the bid that involves FIFA officials. Strange really.

I hate Barca but some of the conspiracy theories are just cringe worthy

Fabregas worth £100m?! Oh my life, I have heard some stupid things in this thread, but this takes the biscuit. Jesus.

That's not really what I said though. I said that if player A is worth this much, and player B is worth this much....then Cesc is worth £100m.

But as I've said, £60m+ is a fair value of his talents.

1. Again Wild Speculation, you act as if you are a insider at Bareclona FC.

2. I see so you value Fabregas higher than the likes of Torres and u rate him close to Kaka, plus just because he is a Barcelona supporter does not mean he is stupid, in that sense I can say that just cos you are a Arsenal supporter, the next time you walk your dog called the society for Pet Care and find out how to hold a lead

1. Not wild speculation, a point backed up by the fact Blatter has already said there was vote-exchanging etc. between Qatar and Spain/ Others.

Just because you don't believe it, doesn't mean it's just speculation..

2. Fabregas > out of form Torres, at least = Kaka who has been injured and not done all that well at RM anyway.

So Cesc is only £5m better than Andy Carroll? (H)

What his club value him at is the price. It doesn't matter what the "market value" is, if we don't want to sell him for less than £60m, we don't have to sell him. And we shouldn't.

Andy Caroll was bought for 35m cos Liverpool needed a replacement for Torres and it was the last day of the transfer window and Newcastle exploited this fact by upping his value and leaving Pool with no choice

dont talk nonsense without knowing the dynamics behind the decision,

---------- Post added at 06:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 AM ----------

1. Not wild speculation, a point backed up by the fact Blatter has already said there was vote-exchanging etc. between Qatar and Spain/ Others.

Just because you don't believe it, doesn't mean it's just speculation..

2. Fabregas > out of form Torres, at least = Kaka who has been injured and not done all that well at RM anyway.

1. to me it seems like only you and matralux believe it

2. Class is Permanent, Form is Temporary nuff said

You still haven't shown me anything to back up your claim of corruption? *sigh* I'll admit, the timing is dubious, but as people have said in this thread - Barca needed a sponsor, and Qatar (who have taken an increased interest in football recently - see there supposed interest in buying Manchester United as an example) offered them the best deal. Simple.

I said he isn't better than Kaka atm, he will be when he reaches his peak, but not now. Nor did i say that Fabregas was a bad player.

Also, i'm a follower, not a supporter (H) Every club makes bad deals - Liverpool with Aquilani, Robbie Keane. Manchester United - Forlan, Veron etc. heck, i bet Arsenal have done some bad deals in the past.

If your hatred for Barcelona stems purely from the fact they want to buy your best player, then it really is laughable.

Andy Caroll was bought for 35m cos Liverpool needed a replacement for Torres and it was the last day of the transfer window and Newcastle exploited this fact by upping his value and leaving Pool with no choice

dont talk nonsense without knowing the dynamics behind the decision,

But we don't HAVE to sell at all. Carroll's transfer has inflated prices. Thus Arsenal can accept, or not accept anything they want. He won't go for less than £60m.

Arsenal are one of the most financially secure sides in the world, Newcastle are not, and still managed to get £35m for a player with half a season in the Championship.

If Barca want him that much they won't insult us by bidding so low.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

2. Class is Permanent, Form is Temporary nuff said
[/B]

Fabregas has both. That trumps just class, I believe.

So Barca are corrupt coz Qataris are their shirt sponsors? Barca are the reason why Qatar won the bid?
Yes, Barca are the reason they won the WC bid. Using Guardiola and Rosell, with the weight of recent triumphs in the Champions League and the World Cup pushed the votes.

It's not as simple as you put it either. Barcelona hasn't had a shirt sponsor since the club was formed. The attitude was that they were above that sort of thing. In recent history they've had Unicef on their shirts, but that wasn't a sponsorship. More like another way of being holier-than-thou.

Anyways, no shirt sponsors in the history of the club, and all of a sudden they get a MASSIVE "sponsorship" from the very country they helped win a World Cup event for.

If you can't make the blatant connection, I'd say you're blind.

In my opinion Fabregas is worth 50 Million easily(In today's market).

We are talking about the CM who creates loads of chances plus scores loads too for a CM.
Chyrgiwahtever was sold was 25 Million, Di Maria was sold for nearly 30 Million, Ramires - 18 Million,

Fabregas is on long term contract, if Barca really need him, they should break the bank, No two ways about it.

You can get good strikers, but good CMs who can score, defend and assist are rare breed.