Barcelona after Messi, Xavi and Iniesta - Your view

But we don't HAVE to sell at all. Carroll's transfer has inflated prices. Thus Arsenal can accept, or not accept anything they want. He won't go for less than £60m.

Arsenal are one of the most financially secure sides in the world, Newcastle are not, and still managed to get £35m for a player with half a season in the Championship.

If Barca want him that much they won't insult us by bidding so low.

Assaid earlier i Barca bid 50m r Fabregas straight away,Arsenal will deffnetly negotiate to get a higher price, they bid 30m for him as a basis for further negiotiations just like Chelsea bid 30m for Torres knowing full well they wont get him at that price and will have to negotiate

what started as an off topic (admittedly the opening point wasnt that interesting and was too speculative), but intelligent debate, is starting to turn into something a bit farcial. a lot of arguments based on wild assumptions

Yes, Barca are the reason they won the WC bid. Using Guardiola and Rosell, with the weight of recent triumphs in the Champions League and the World Cup pushed the votes.

It's not as simple as you put it either. Barcelona hasn't had a shirt sponsor since the club was formed. The attitude was that they were above that sort of thing. In recent history they've had Unicef on their shirts, but that wasn't a sponsorship. More like another way of being holier-than-thou.

Anyways, no shirt sponsors in the history of the club, and all of a sudden they get a MASSIVE "sponsorship" from the very country they helped win a World Cup event for.

If you can't make the blatant connection, I'd say you're blind.

So Spain, Barca had a big say on 22 FIFA officials? Why do all the officials support Pep or Rosell?

It is simple. Qataris paid handsome money to FIFA, if you cant see that, i feel for you mate..

Mike, how about changing thread title to something that catches eye. Something very controversial as we are making so many wild assumptions here. ;)

Joss, you clearly haven't watched much La Liga recently, because if you had, you'd see that Kaka is slowly getting back to his best. When he's at his best:

Kaka > Fabregas

You still haven't shown me anything to back up your claim of corruption?
More like you are refusing to take in the obvious facts. ;)

If your hatred for Barcelona stems purely from the fact they want to buy your best player, then it really is laughable.
My hatred for Barca goes a long way back. They've been unsettling and eyeing our players for years and years, obviously they want to be like us. Overmars, Sylvinho, Hleb, Henry, etc. And now that they've gone for their own youth players, they act as if they invented the academy approach, when Wenger has been doing it since 1997.

And my hatred for them is about fair play as well. The one thing I hate the most in sports is when someone isn't playing fair. It makes the sport pointless. Any team that is on the verge of bankruptcy but still can buy players for £40m, and PAY someone to have their logo on their shirts, is corrupt and isn't playing fair.

Just because there aren't any 100% trustworthy documents showing the corruption doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

And yes, other clubs are corrupt as well. Barca says they are "more than a club", I say the motto should be "no més de la corrupció".

How about changing the Thread Title to:

Joss and Mantralux on how Barcelona are the root of all evil

Joss, you clearly haven't watched much La Liga recently, because if you had, you'd see that Kaka is slowly getting back to his best. When he's at his best:

Kaka > Fabregas
In an attacking sense, yes. In a controlling and dictating the play sense, no.

My hatred for Barca goes a long way back. They've been unsettling and eyeing our players for years and years, obviously they want to be like us. Overmars, Sylvinho, Hleb, Henry, etc. And now that they've gone for their own youth players, they act as if they invented the academy approach, when Wenger has been doing it since 1997.

And my hatred for them is about fair play as well. The one thing I hate the most in sports is when someone isn't playing fair. It makes the sport pointless. Any team that is on the verge of bankruptcy but still can buy players for £40m, and PAY someone to have their logo on their shirts, is corrupt and isn't playing fair.

Just because there aren't any 100% trustworthy documents showing the corruption doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

And yes, other clubs are corrupt as well. Barca says they are "more than a club", I say the motto should be "no més de la corrupció".

again u act as if your the only club who has ever been wronged in the whole galaxy, oh yes i forgot i was talking to the pro-Wenger (El Whiner) fans

If you show me 'obvious facts' then maybe i'll believe you, but you haven't even done that.

And yes, Barcelona must want to be like Arsenal, despite being so much better? Yeah, i can reaaaaally see the logic in that oO)

Manchester United are in quite a bit of debt, yet still spend a fair amount each summer? But because they're not Barcelona, i guess it doesn't matter...

again u act as if your the only club who has ever been wronged in the whole galaxy, oh yes i forgot i was talking to the pro-Wenger (El Whiner) fans

Nope, plenty of clubs have been wronged by Barca, we're not the only ones. Thanks for pointing that out. =)

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

And yes, Barcelona must want to be like Arsenal, despite being so much better? Yeah, i can reaaaaally see the logic in that oO)
Wanting to have the same structure, financial wisdom and general approach doesn't mean you have to play worse. Not that I think Barcelona is better than Arsenal, but still.

Manchester United are in quite a bit of debt, yet still spend a fair amount each summer? But because they're not Barcelona, i guess it doesn't matter...
Of course it matters, but this thread is about Barca, not Man Utd.

If this was true, Barca would have bought Kaka instead.

Kaka is Brazillian.
Fabregas is Catalan

Still i dont agree with Kaka > Fabregas as we haven't seen Kaka's best for 3 years now.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Wanting to have the same structure, financial wisdom and general approach doesn't mean you have to play worse. Not that I think Barcelona is better than Arsenal, but still.

Bigger stadium, Bigger fan base globally and locally, Bigger trophy cabinet, still they want to be Arsenal.. :S

Don't be so naive.

At the time, Barca had no need for Kaka, they had Yaya, Iniesta and Xavi, so why spend 56m on a player they don't need.

Now, as Xavi is getting older they are planning for his replacement and want Fabregas.

Kaka has won the Serie A, Cl, Italian Cup and numerous individual awards such as the World Player of the Year for inspiring Milan to the CL

Fabregas has won the FA Cup and..... oh yeah the Community Shield and.... Emirates Cup ofcourse

Some of the best logic yet

Kaka's age is against him with regards to Barcelona, and the fact Fabregas is Spanish weighs greatly in his favour

Nope, plenty of clubs have been wronged by Barca, we're not the only ones. Thanks for pointing that out. =)

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Some of your views are laughable at times.
La Masia is clearly more of a success than the Arsenal academy - hence why the majority of the title winning team is made up of academy players.

They may have took the idea of your structure, but they've certainly developed it into a more successful foundation - of course apart from the financial side.

yeah Arsenal have not wronged anybody before

Im sure they will just bring in repacements for them, thiago looks to be a ready made replacement for centre mid, but its just where do you find the next messi lol
Im sure they have scouts all over the world searching for him just now

yeah they will have youngsters that will step us as where did Xavi Iniesta and Messi come from?

And they already have who they believe to be the next Messi his name is "Jean Marrie Dongou" he may only be 16 but they believe he will be brilliant and recently made the step up to the U19 playing in th first team shame he is not in FM

Dont bring United into this mud fight.

There is no club as unlucky as us when it comes to finance. We absolutely rule the world when it comes to revenue, still we are in debt which is no way fault of ours.

We dont use any sugar dady's money. Its the opposite. We are self sustained club, and in the same time feeding the leeches too..