Bringing Back The Glory Days - Tottenham Hotspur

Yeah I got Jovetic and M'Vila.. team is still getting the majority of goals through the midfield though. Strikers seem non existant.

November 2014
november2014.png

Now I am as surprised as everyone else with this turn of events. At the end of last month I knew I had to change something, but I also knew that with the way I had moulded the squad, we could really only play the same shape as what we always have since I became manager. -So I fiddled with the tempo, width and passing style and we set off to Stamford Bridge fearing the worse!

But as you can see, the modifications made have paid off a treat, we are quickly climbing the table, however Arsenal have already built up a twelve point gap the last time I looked. In 8 games this month we scored 20 and conceded 5 (granted I got lucky against PSG, I seem to have a thing for late goals against them this season). There is such a contrast from last month to this and I just hope this form can continue and that Arsenal slip up.

Nice month keep it up. As for your mid fielders scoring most of the goals maybe your tactics favor them more than your strikers?

Pre-Season
preseason.png

A good, but very short pre-season (because I forgot to arrange friendlies and only had two arrange them with me,lol). Winning both matches against my affiliates, however, match fitness is pretty low going into the start of the season.

First Team Squad

August
august2014.png

The Community Shield was complete and utter joy. We went behind within a couple of minutes to an early penalty, only to make a dramatic change of events and score SEVEN goals. It just seemed like every shot we had on target went in. But by the end of the match our players fitness waned and we struggled to play at the same momentum.

Having West Ham again six days later, I was hoping for much of the same only to be upset straight away. We just couldn't get going throughout the match. Disappointing to say the least as I only lost twice in the league last season.

The Swansea match signalled the start of a new era at our new 49,000 seater stadium. But it was another lacklustre performance where we only scored from a set piece.

The final match away to Brighton we absolutely dominated, and the strikers having the same problems as their predecessors before them in not finishing what was put infront of them. But at least it wasn't a loss. -If it carry's on like this, it'll be a long season.

Transfers

I am beginning to question Daniel Levy's negotiation skills with some of the wages being batted around, but he signed two players for the first team that I needed, and a few of the youth players that my scouts have found. I'll be looking forward to seeing how they develop.

M'Vila on £165k? That might not be Levy's fault though, maybe he wouldn't come to the club for less than that. But if that's the case, he should have tried to find someone as good as or better to replace him. Like the Benders.

Nice month keep it up. As for your mid fielders scoring most of the goals maybe your tactics favor them more than your strikers?
It could be, I'm still tweaking every match to try and get my Strikers to do their jobs.

Can u show screen Coulibaly, please?
There you go mate, he's not the greatest but he knows where the net is... for my reserves usually.

Good month there! Where are you at in the table now?
I'm 2nd, but everyone apart from Arsenal are slipping up. Arsenal are first by 11 points I think.

M'Vila on £165k? That might not be Levy's fault though, maybe he wouldn't come to the club for less than that. But if that's the case, he should have tried to find someone as good as or better to replace him. Like the Benders.
I loved the Benders on FM12, but to be honest because I was short of DMC's I just let him have free roam on who he wanted.. and he wanted Carrick first who I rejected, then he bid for M'Vila. lol

Waiting for the next update mate keep it up. Btw i just signed a 5 year contract with tottenham for 1.8 million a year in my game :p

Who did you sign since you started? I took over in 2013, signed some good players already, I've just got Jovetic but I can't think of a good CB to get

Waiting for the next update mate keep it up. Btw i just signed a 5 year contract with tottenham for 1.8 million a year in my game :p
Fair play.. when they offered me a contract I renegotiated to the least amount they could offer me. So I'm on a lot less, lol. -Saves the club a bit of money.

Who did you sign since you started? I took over in 2013, signed some good players already, I've just got Jovetic but I can't think of a good CB to get
I never bought a Centre Back as Kaboul, Vertonghen and Caulker are so good. And Dawson isn't bad either, they're still my main men to turn to for that position. Main Players of note I have signed are;
1st Season
AMC/L - Bernard

2nd Season
DL - Leighton Baines
DMC - Casemiro
AML/ST - Rodrigo
AMR/C - Douglas Costa

3rd Season
AMC ST - Stevan Jovetic
DMC - Yann M'Vila

December 2014
december2014.png

Well that was a bit of a mixed month. The Newcastle match was a hard fought match and unfortunately we just couldn't get the goals from the chances we created, one of the few matches I have enjoyed despite losing.

In the Champions League we faced Atlético knowing that a loss would put them through instead of us, and a win would ensure that we topped the group. We went 1-0 down early on to a Falcao finish, and I thought "here we go", but my team reacted strongly and we dominated until the final whistle winning in Champions fashion.

The Man Utd was a nail biter. At half time we were 2-0 down, and being at home I wasn't too impressed with that. Bringing Lennon and Jovetic on at half time (they were on the bench due to being tired after the Champs League) proved vital as they were highly involved and helped us pick up the victory, topping it off with the final minute winner.

The Arsenal match I think was a make or break match. We needed to take some points off of them as they were so far ahead in the league. Unfortunately they proved stern enough to hold off our attacks. We deserved better than a 1-0 loss, but that's football.

QPR was pretty much a reserve team, and we played well, Coulibaly getting the winner. -Against Swansea we had an absolute shocker, going 2-0 down early on, but luckily we managed to claw our way back in the dying minutes.

The Carling Cup match was pretty easy despite the scoreline suggesting we struggled. We dominated but just couldn't get them goals until them last few minutes again.

Overall: I'm happy that the Strikers are starting to score. It's just a shame that Arsenal seem unattainable at the minute, but it's not over til it's over.

January 2015
january2015.png

Talk about a topsy turvy month. -Getting knocked out of both cups within a couple of days was a real downer, as I am still yet to put my mark on any domestic cup competition yet and I really thought this could be the season to do it as the League Title looks out of the question due to Arsenal's fine form.

There was not one match that I can say was a comfortable. Every single one, win or lose was a hard fought match and I'm pretty sure that every single club is just getting better and better narrowing the gap that I had over them last season. I just hope that I can maintain my position and qualify for the Champions League.

On a bright note, with no more domestic cup competitions, hopefully we can step up in the Champions League and Premiership and finish off on a good run of form.

Winter Transfers
januarytransfers.png

With the January transfer window out of the way there wasn't a lot of movement at Tottenham.

An unhappy Benoit Assou-Ekotto left Tottenham on a sour note with the Manager as he expressed his discontent with the way things ended during his time at Spurs. The lack of playing time being his main concern.

Tottenham signed a 20 year old Scottish Keeper, and instantly loaned him out to fellow Premiership side, Southampton so he could gain some much needed Premiership experience.

Major move Premiership wise was Sergio Aguero's move to Barcelona to link up with Messi.. it scares me to think I could face that strikeforce someday.

Nice updates. Tough months mate but at least you are still in the CL and can make a run for a good league position

February 2015
february2015.png

Starting out with a decent 2-1 win over Sunderland with a pretty under strength starting line up, I was pretty confident knowing that I had my full squad available to me for Man City away. It proved vital as the City team's stamina ended up lacking in the second half and we took control scoring an impressive 5 goals away from home, Bale being the star performer.

The Brighton match was a pretty straightforward victory leading up to the Champions League match away to Napoli. -The Napoli game came and went and we were never really in it, Cavani was unplayable, be it in the air or on the floor. Fortunately we got the lucky away goal.

Chelsea next, and after dominating the first half and going in 2-0 up I was over the moon. Unfortunately, their new boss Martin Jol had some inspirational half time words and they came back from their deficit to come out of the match with a draw.

Four days later, we travelled to Reading who are performing above expectations in the Champions League places. I guess myself and my players must have underestimated the form they were in as we were absolutely trounced 4-0... abysmal effort!

March 2015
march2015.png

The month kicked off for me eleven days in for the home leg against Napoli in the Champions League. Going 3-0 up and looking comfortable after 50mins had my confidence at an all time high, until we conceded a late goal from a corner sending us to extra time. -Talk about nerve racking. The whole of extra time was end to end with Lloris showing his abilities on numerous occasions. In the final seconds Douglas Costa rounded three players and made it into the box only to be brought down, giving us a last second penalty. Leighton Baines stepped up looking extremely composed, and slotting home sending the keeper the wrong way, much to the relief of the fans and the elation of the team. Napoli kicked off and the final whistle was blown putting us through to the next round against Bayern Munich, and beating them could put us in the Semi Final for the second year in a row, and likely to face Barcelona yet again.

The Southampton and Fulham matches were annoying matches. We seem to have a thing for going a goal up, then letting the opposition score straight away. We need to get this out of our system on the run in for the this season. Arsenal seem out of sight, but we still need to consolidate second place.

That defeat againist Reading was a huge slap imo. At least you managed to go through Napoli. Good luck in the semi-final