Built For The Future: An FM-Baseshire FC Joint Story!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see Josh gettin my player to score :p love you for that :wub:

Am I the only storyteller who hasn't got their player on penalties? :S

Thats because I made Alfonso's penalty taking attribute 1 :)

September

4th September, 2009.

I turned out for Wales U-21 tonight against Serbia, I’m so proud.

I started on the bench, came on at half time and finished the match. Had a decent performance, completed all my attempted passes. The game finished 1-1 and Kerry Morgan got our goal.

12th September, 2009.

FM-Baseshire FC vs. Accrington Stanley

We all met at the training ground at 10:00 this morning to have a mentality boost. We were all sat in the lounge when we were greeted with a (terrible) cover of Frank Sinatra’s Fly Me to the Moon by our very own manager Wayne Thomas. He picked this up after hearing about Brian Clough’s antics in the changing rooms during a game.

We were all surprised, not to even mention scared!

I stepped off the bus only to see my dad standing, calling my name. I couldn’t believe it! I’ve gone a whole month without seeing the man and he pops up to watch me play today!

We kicked off on a wet and windy day. We all knew we had to get some sort of result tonight in order to kick up the league.

The first half was so drab I might as well not put anything here. So I won’t! (A)

The second half changed the match completely. The boss all gave us a rollicking at half-time which really kicked us up the ****. Good old Riki Rikardo scored 25 minutes from the end of the match with a powerhouse header! Max came off the bench and scored, and it was a ****** goal I tell you! Possibly the best 25-yarder you’ll ever see – curled, precision over power, right into the top corner.

David Beckham, eat your heart out!

Pleased with my efforts today, although could have contributed more to keep my dad happy ^^)

FINAL SCORE: 2-0 WIN

After this, the manager praised me and Riki’s performances of late, stating “good progress is being shown.” :)

16th September, 2009.

Leyton Orient vs. FM-Baseshire FC

Had a lie-in after today. Had some toast and a glass of juice and switched on the TV.
After an intense hour of Sky Sports News, I switch over to watch Wigan vs. Portsmouth. Quite boring really, ended 1-1.

I got a phonecall later on from captain Alfie: “Oi, don’t forget our game tonight!” – or something like that.

I hadn’t forgot – how could I? We’re to play Leyton Orient in the JPT.

We started the game positively. Wayne Thomas left Alfonso Sanchez out of the starting eleven yet again in favour of Luke Tonks. I was named captain for the day and it’s a big responsibility and honour. By half time, we were one-down, and the gaffer made three subs: Max King on for Muwumbi, skipper Alfie on for Tonksy, and Joyce Moreno on for the injured Leinad. Within a minute, Max had hit the bar, but Orient went down the other end and put another past goalie Chris Barber. 10 minutes from time, I passed to Max, Max then assisted Sanchez’s delicate chip over the keeper – a way back for us?

No.

We lost 2-1. That was probably my best game to date – I was picking up loose balls, winning every 50-50 challenge and was unbeatable in the air. Played particularly well.

FINAL SCORE: 2-1 LOSS

It was reported that Leinad will be out of action for around 5-6 weeks.

19th September, 2009.

Notts County vs. FM-Baseshire FC

After the defeat mid-week, it was important to return to the league on a high.

I was confident for today’s match, as was everybody else. We left for the bus at 12 and travelled from our hotel to County’s Meadow Lane.

We arrived to some fans, booing us. Obviously the Notts County kids. Wankers.

The pre-match team talk was easy – the boss didn’t feel the need to put pressure on us, and wished us luck.

We didn’t really start well, and Notts County even had a goal disallowed. This was basically it for the first 45. We went into the half time break awaiting what turned out to be a soft-toned encouragement.

Fabio Muwumbi scored the winner on 90+1 minutes, and we all went absolutely wild! It was an amazing feeling to see a teammate score a winner with a minute to go!

I think I led the team well today with a nice solid performance.

FINAL SCORE: 1-0 WIN

We have a game in hand against 22nd side Barnet, and if we win it we’ll go third :)

22nd September, 2009.

Ipswich vs. FM-Baseshire FC

Another away game, this time against Ipswich in the League Cup 3rd Round. Only managed one training session between the weekend and today, and possibly lacking in fitness slightly.

We had a great turnout today. We fielded possibly our strongest team, with Alfonso being the captain (instead of me) today.

Tonksy shocked the home fans when he scored after just a minute, and Alex Whitehouse made it 2-0 four minutes later. We really pushed and pushed hard for the goals, but they weren’t going to come thick and fast against Ipswich. Unfortunately, Riki Rikardo got injured in the first half (strained knee ligaments – 2-3 months out! :mad:)

Ipswich were battered in the second half by us again, and Ben Dover scored the last of three goals for us on a fantastic night out in Kent (H)

FINAL SCORE: 3-0 WIN

24th September, 2009.

I’m pleased to tell you all that Neb Othrow has been selected to play in a friendly for Botswana against China PR on 30th September.

I hope he has a great game!

26th September, 2009.

FM-Baseshire FC vs. Shrewsbury

I was confident that today would be the day we did some damage in the league.

We all met at the training ground at around 10:00; we sat in the lounge, played pool, darts, listened to music before boarding the bus at 11:00. We travelled to the ground and sat in the changing rooms there.

The gaffer gave us a speech, saying of how pleased he is with our performances and asked us to keep it going.

I started again next to skipper Alfie. I’m proud to be playing alongside him – he’s gonna become a ****** fantastic player!

We started well by attacking and getting a few shots on target. Ben Dover scored on 22 minutes to break the deadlock, and Fabio Muwumbi scored right on half time to double our lead. The boss said he was pleased at half time, and to go all out defensive in the second half.

We did, and it worked. We held Shrewsbury off and beat them!

FINAL SCORE: 2-0 WIN

29th September, 2009.

Bradford City vs. FM-Baseshire FC

We decided to travel last night instead of this morning despite not being far away. Don’t like travelling, I get sick at times. Threatening to throw up on Ricardinho’s lap and teasing him about a Vaseline situation is a barrel of laughs though!

The manager named the line-up in the changing rooms: he decided to leave the captain out. This time, it proved costly...

I gave us the lead on 7 minutes and was really pleased to have finally gotten my first league goal of the season! It was a great goal! Tonksy won the ball back from a decent challenge and laid it off to me, and I hit it first time from all of 20 yards!

But my feelings were downed when Bradford came back with two goals to win the match.

FINAL SCORE: 2-1 LOSS

End-of-month thoughts:

We’re currently in 7th, which is not too bad. We have two games in hand over every club above us, and if we take 6 points from the 2 games, we go third, which is positive.
I’m enjoying my spell with FM-Baseshire. Here are my stats:

Appearances: 13
Goals: 1
Assists: 4
Man of the Match: 1
Yellow Cards: 2 Red Cards: 0
Average Rating: 7.32

Everybody's stats (sorted by best Average Rating):

View attachment 37759

Nice update Mike, we are both doing ok :)

Promotion for you?

Hopefully, things are starting to look up in the camp. Short for campus. Not gay (H)

I'm just waiting for the offers to flood in for me after THAT blinding goal ;)

You have scored several screamers for me :)

It's good news. Stevie G's shaking in his [football] boots!

Tuesday 29th September 2009

I was sat in my home; a lonely flat just outside of Nottingham City centre when I saw I had just been e-mailed by Sky Sports News assistant producer Steve Livesely:

Dear Alfonso,
We are interested in doing a special interview with you regarding your team FM-Baseshire Football Club. You would be required to answer questions regarding:

League expectations/Goals
Team morale
Confidence in your manager

We are looking forward to meeting you!
Please reply as quickly as possible.

Sky Sports News Assistant Producer
Steve Livesely

I hastily replied saying that I would be honoured to do the interview! I will meet him tomorrow at The Mayfair Hotel in Nottingham.

Write to you soon,
Alfonso Sanchez

PS. I forgot to mention that last month we won:
1st, 2nd, 3rd in the player of the month awards
1st, 2nd, 3rd in the young player of the month awards
Goal of the month
Manager of the month ^^)

Last edited:
Can't wait to see the interview. Coming tonight?

PS. I forgot to mention that last month we won:
1st, 2nd, 3rd in the player of the month awards
1st, 2nd, 3rd in the young player of the month awards
Goal of the month
Manager of the month ^^)

Lol who won the awards? (A)

30th September 2009-11 AM
I woke up knowing that today I could become a known footballer, I was heading out of the bathroom after a refreshing power-shower when I caught a glimpse of my iPhone:
Mike-7 missed calls
I returned the call whilst cautiously taking off my towel so no telescopers could see through my flat window (I made that word up by the way)!

‘Hello, why haven’t you been answering?’ he answered in his familiar Welsh accent ^^)

‘I only just got to my phone, what’s up?’ I replied in a worried tone

‘You know that interview?’

‘Yes, what about it?’

‘I have been invited to answer aswell!’ He replied joyfully.

30th September 2009-11:36 PM
I had just arrived home from the interview when I received another email from Sky Sports News:

Thanks for the interview, here it is for yours (and Mike’s) eyes only:

SSN: So Alfonso you are captain of FM-Baseshire FC, how does it feel to be a leader at such an in form club?

AS: It is an unbelievable feeling, breaking the record for the highest scoring League 2 game in history twice in as many months is just amazing!

MD: Sorry for interrupting Alfie, can I just say on behalf of everyone at the club that we are all grateful for the fantastic fan and media support given to us so far! Basically we are a bunch of kids living our dreams! We cannot thank you all enough.

SSN: Mike, you claimed the award for August’s player of the month how did that feel?

MD: It was phenomenal! I have waited so long for this professional opportunity and now it has arrived I am ecstatic that I have taken it so well. The highlight for me so far was my hat-trick against our rivals Notts County, which was the best day of my life!

SSN: One more question Alfonso, your relationship with team mate Ricardinho has come under scrutiny over the past week, what has actually happened between you?

AS: We are good friends, bar one slip up on the training ground we have got on like a house on fire... or should I say Vaseline on fire!

SSN: Well that is all we have time for, thank you both have a good night!

That went well I thought to myself as I went to bed…

Last edited:

AS: We are good friends, bar one slip up on the training ground we have got on like a house on fire... or should I say Vaseline on fire!

We're not gonna let this go are we XD brilliant interview. My familiar Welsh accent lol

7th November 2009.
Wow, i've not opened you for some time! I've been out injured for a few weeks with a sprained wrist but anyway, i'm back!

I sprained my wrist back in September and had to sit on the sidelines for a long time. Today was my first game back - a comfortable 3-0 win against Kettering ... and guess what!? I SCORED AN AMAZING FREE-KICK!
The coach opted for a change in tactics and changed to a 4-1-2-1-2 before the game. I sat with Mike Dale on the coach to the game - Dale hasn't been a favourite this season and has played around 6 games, he hasn't performed up to the bosses standards.

We took the lead in the Kettering game via Ross Webster on 4 minutes. I then scored my 35 yard free-kick in the 56th minute and it just had to be Mike Dale who won a penalty in the 93rd minute and he stepped up and slotted it home.

We are sitting 8th in the table with two games in hand. We're through to the Johnstone Paint Trophy quarter finals against Norwich and the Kettering game was an F.A. Cup match.

Anyway i'm gonna' go now. I'll write back soon!

Dale hasn't been a favourite this season and has played around 6 games, he hasn't performed up to the bosses standards.

Sucks, just scored two 25 yard screamers on my game XD

... and it just had to be Mike Dale who won a penalty in the 93rd minute and he stepped up and slotted it home.

That's better (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.