Bulgaria vs England 2/9/11 Vasil Levski Stadium Kick Off 19.15 BST

What Will Be The Outcome Of Bulgaria vs England?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Smalling has the better defensive positioning, think thats why he's gone with him, but to be honest it wouldnt matter which one started, both are very good young players. definitely would like to Richards come on, or start against Wales

I think Capello should **** the defensive positioning! Smalling is probably a better defender, but Richards isn't bad. Going forward = Richards.

If i was english..i would want Capello to pick flying full-backs. he is picking Cole but not doing the same with RB. Not a slow CB like Smalling. He is slow, am i right?

Doyle is Irish.

o ****. got mixed up didn't I-listening to different team reports. How the **** did I get Doyle mixed up. ffs. Another black mark in Andys black book. And the list is growing :$

I think Capello should **** the defensive positioning! Smalling is probably a better defender, but Richards isn't bad. Going forward = Richards.

If i was english..i would want Capello to pick flying full-backs. Not a slow CB like Smalling. He is slow, am i right?
He isnt slow, and you want good positioning when you have walcott in front, whose defensive contribution is close to nil. And smalling is no slouch going forwards

Who's Doyle?

Kevin Doyle - An Irish player *ahem*

Some reason I got mixed up when listening to 2 different bits of team news and ****** up. Royally. What can I say, I'm **** with player nationalities :$

Last edited:
He isnt slow, and you want good positioning when you have walcott in front, whose defensive contribution is close to nil. And smalling is no slouch going forwards

Still....Richards --> Smalling at RB. IMO I dont really accept those "Smallings is a better defender" reasons.

Richards is not even on the bench and i think Capello just wants to show Richards he doesn't like him. After all, Richards has said this:

Manchester City star Micah Richards blasts England boss Fabio Capello for World Cup snub | Mail Online
Micah Richards: I'll be England exile until Capello goes | Mail Online

And now Capello is punishing him. His fellow Italian coach Mancini rates Richards highly, i dont understand why Capello doesn't.

Still....Richards --> Smalling at RB. IMO I dont really accept those "Smallings is a better defender" reasons.

Richards is not even on the bench and i think Capello just wants to show Richards he doesn't like him. After all, Richards has said this:

Manchester City star Micah Richards blasts England boss Fabio Capello for World Cup snub | Mail Online
Micah Richards: I'll be England exile until Capello goes | Mail Online

And now Capello is punishing him. His fellow Italian coach Mancini rates Richards highly, i dont understand why Capello doesn't.

you can accept it or not, there isnt some conspiracy against him. Smalling is the better defender, Richards better going forwards but his postioning is still suspect but he gets himself out of trouble with his pace. Perhaps Richards should be less public and just get his head down and his chance will come

Last edited:
Anyone else relishing this 4-2-3-1?

Anyone else sort of hoping Capello goes left field and goes 4-2-3-1 with;

Downing - Rooney - Young
Walcott​

Everyone playing in their favourite positions that way plus we keep Rooney/Young/Downing in their positions for their clubs where their form has been so good so far this season...

the bulgarian fans have woken up, atmosphere sounds tasty and hostile. Could be in for a good game here

Not too keen of this dark blue kit red would have been better

Stewart freaking Downing starts though, on his way to being one of my favourite players <3.

Yes! barry on his way to proving me wrong this game.

1-0 Cahill

New England are doing very well :). 1-0, Gary Cahill!

Mancini should go for Cahill in january. Good CB and would be an improvement on Lescott. Could be good with Kompany. Nice chest control. :D