View attachment 232790

Season 15

The End Is Nigh

View attachment 232789

So here I am, yet again. No longer the wide eyed teen, no longer a young man. I am a seasoned veteran approaching middle age & the twilight of my career.

I am holding up alright for an old timer, especially given the hardships my poor body has had to endure. Yes, I no longer have that burst of pace to get me past my man but what I lack in physicality, I make up for with guile & experience. That's what I tell myself in any case.

View attachment 232787
View attachment 232786

Unfortunately my 15th year as a professional footballer was an all too familiar story. When I was on the field I did well, I just wasn't there enough.

View attachment 232785

Close enough to another 4 months on the sidelines.

At this stage, every injury brings me closer to the end. Each time its harder to come back, harder to find the motivation to keep rehabbing. I actually find myself wondering what will break first, my body or my spirit.

When you are young its easy to find a reason to fight, to prove yourself but at this stage of my career I already find myself wondering what else I have to prove...

View attachment 232783

View attachment 232782

It was another "so, so" year for the Victory. For most sides a run to the Semi's would be considered a success but not here. Such is the expectation that anything less than a premiership is unacceptable. Always will be.

For now, there is always next year but how many more times will I be able to say that? How many more chances will I get to add to my trophy cabinet? Only time will tell but for now I must do everything I can to make every post a winner.

Never did i think a story could make me so emosh. Hang in there Lippo. :'(

All those injuries such high natural fitness as well. A career blighted by injury

George's Italian Adventure

Having spoken to George on occasion during the year, I was more than aware that he was finding it hard to settle in Italy. Just how hard though was news to me.

View attachment 232444

View attachment 232445

Not a single first team appearance for the year! In fact, just 9 "non competitive" appearances all year. WTF! Why would you spend the money to bring a player from half way around the world only to give up on him after just one injury plagued year!?

I was truly outraged! I know football can be a harsh business but this was my little brother!

It wasn't fair!

They hadn't even given him a chance, If they did they'd see.

This is bullshit! I told him.

Of course, my anger changed nothing.

View attachment 232440

George still found himself on the transfer list at a knock down price. Worse still, it seemed no-one was interested in his services!

For his part, George was trying to stay positive. To look on the bright side. To use Lecce's disbelief as motivation to work even harder to prove them wrong.

You had to admire his spirit, you really did, but the fact of the matter is that the last 2 years had really affected his development as a player.

View attachment 232439

Ok, he's still only 22 but if anyone knows how important these next few years are going to be its me.

"You need to be playing bro, be it in Europe or back home, you need to be on the pitch....."

Just an fyi for everyone. Today i finished the simming of C.J's career & am pleased to announce that he has picked up a job in management.

I hope to get a flurry of updates up tomorrow afternoon while the missus is at work :)

The main sporting interest around here is Aussie Rules.
Personally, I’ve never understood the games appeal. Arial ping-pong we call it!
A bunch of burly blokes in short shorts chasing a ball around like mad men? I see what the ladies get out of it, but the men?

I thought you were a decent bloke Lippo :S

I hope that old C.J can string together a couple more injury free seasons before dominating the management world.

x2s2z0e3yb818d_78688.jpg

Season 16

Fading away

sBXTLVn.jpg

85jdgem.jpg

It is now clear to me that my days as a professional footballer are numbered. A career full of injury & disappointment have taken their toll.

My fading hunger to impress has undoubtedly been noticed by the staff here at the Victory & as such I have plummeted down the pecking order.

Interestingly enough, I was still given another cap for my country though, after my performance, I have no doubt it will be my last.

Ig3d1AA.jpg

My stats are now declining rapidly & with one year remaining on my contract with the victory, I am almost certain it will be my last in the top flight.

I have however been working with the young guys, trying to pass on my experience & show my value off the pitch. I remain hopeful that the staff here at the Victory will see my desire to stay in the game & maybe keep me on in a staff role. If not, it may be time to pack my bags & look for other opportunities.

KVtJmWl.jpg

AR9Ch07.jpg

It was a stellar year for the club as we first took out the minor premiership before going all the way to claim the Title with a 4-1 win over Adelaide United.

Although I didn't feature in the final series at all, let alone the Grand Final, I was nonetheless proud of the boys & what they had achieved.

What does the future hold for me? I honestly have no idea. I am obviously no longer considered a first team player here at the Victory but I have no doubt that there is still so much I can offer to the club. Only time will tell I guess...

George's Italian Adventure

View attachment 230420

View attachment 230419

After the disappointment of not making a single appearance for Lecce last year, George managed to bounce back a little this time around. He found himself being used as a rotation option & managed to impress in his limited time on the pitch. So much so that, towards the end of the year, Lecce offered him a new deal.

However, after discussing things with his agent & family (myself included), George decided to test his worth in the market.

View attachment 230418

Unfortunately, there didn't appear to be a lot of interest in his services.

View attachment 230417

View attachment 230415

Season 17

One last Chance

The year began with the news that my little brother was on his way home.

View attachment 230414

Having come through the youth set up at the Wanderers, a move to bitter cross town rivals, Sydney FC, would surely earn George a hostile reception by the unwashed masses in the western suburbs but nevertheless it was great to see him back. Perhaps, just maybe, we would finally have the chance to face off as professional athletes!

Wrong!

View attachment 230410

View attachment 230409

My Melbourne Victory career was over. Just the one appearance off the bench in the entire year. To make a bad situation worse, I was to learn in January, that the Victory were doing everything in their power to rid themselves of me. Offering me to all & sundry for free, even offering to pay part of my wages to help facilitate a move!

The news was infuriating to me. Ok, I was obviously no longer up to A-League standard but I was still helping out, still working with the young guys, still pulling my weight.

Needless to say, words were exchanged, bridges burnt & come July, I was on my own. Cast aside.

There was to be no farewell tour, no tearful goodbye to the fans who had supported me, just the clock winding over to unemployment.

View attachment 230405

After 17 years as a professional footballer, I was out of work for the first time & things did not look promising.

View attachment 230404

Aahhh man that a rough way to finish up mate. I think CJ can look back with pride on a great career! Here's hoping the has some more luck in management!

That's no way to treat a club legend! I mean Casillas got a press conference, CJ should have had a public holiday or something!

View attachment 230390

Season 18

The End of the Beginning

View attachment 230393

So this is how it would end. There was to be no fairy tale finish. No last hurrah. No tearful final press conference.

After 12 months of unsuccessfully looking for a new club, my race was run.

I would not be a hero. I would not be a legend. If I was lucky, I would be the answer to an obscure question at a local trivia night somewhere, but that was if I was lucky. Which would be a first for C.J. Lippo.

This is not the end though. It is very much just the beginning. As one chapter ends, the next begins.

View attachment 230391

You don't just walk away from the game you love. Its a passion. An obsession. Its in your blood. You live it, you breathe it & you pass it on to the next generation.

My playing days may be over but my love for the game is as strong as ever, now all I need is a chance to pass it on...

Aahhh man that a rough way to finish up mate. I think CJ can look back with pride on a great career! Here's hoping the has some more luck in management!

Yeah, it was a disappointing end but lets face it. I'd have killed to have his life!

That's no way to treat a club legend! I mean Casillas got a press conference, CJ should have had a public holiday or something!

I think you are right mate. From this day forth the 25th of May will be Lippo's day! Feel free to take the day off :p

View attachment 230161

So there it is. Lippo will begin his managerial career at the Melbourne Knights in the Victorian State Premier League.

This leaves me with a problem. The Knights will not be a playable side in FM16, unless drastic changes are made, so I am going to start C.J.'s career now to avoid having to wait for Weiry's 16 DB.

The question I have is: Should I start a new thread for the management part or continue in this one?

Good luck on your new managerial adventure.

Lets hope you get the respect you deserve as a manager that you didn't get when you announced your retirement as a player!

Good luck on your new managerial adventure.

Lets hope you get the respect you deserve as a manager that you didn't get when you announced your retirement as a player!

So should I start a new thread for the new chapter or just continue in this one?