Capello resigns - Hodgson appointed England boss

• Thread starter Thread starter Joel`
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 521
  • Views Views 36K
Capello made a mistake tactically, but then 2 of the goals were basic mistakes, that had no bearing on him. His error was allowing himself to follow the country line that Rooney was undroppable, despite him being injured and still not really recovered
and playing upson :P

Capello made a mistake tactically, but then 2 of the goals were basic mistakes, that had no bearing on him. His error was allowing himself to follow the country line that Rooney was undroppable, despite him being injured and still not really recovered

I'm not blaming him for result against Germany, just the entire failure and the fact we managed only 1 win from 4 throughout the entire tournament.

I'm not blaming him for result against Germany, just the entire failure and the fact we managed only 1 win from 4 throughout the entire tournament.

You could also blame many of the players. Lots of our issues where down to not doing the basics.

Having said that it doesnt mean you can him. If we do that every 2 years we will build no consistency and fluidity whatsover

Germany was better team that day, there's no doubt about it, but the result just doesn't tell the whole story. Losing 2 goals within 60 seconds can turn any game around. Any team, even the Germans, would lose confidence after that.

They have to give it to the media's darling 'Arry Redknapp. If they give it to someone else then as soon as the results go **** up, which they inevitably will, the press will be all, 'they should have appointed Redknapp!'

Personally Ill be glad to see Redknapp get the job simply because we won't have to listen to him constantly tapping up players throughout the season. And for this I'd like to thank Mr Capello

If we hadn't of performed so badly we wouldn't have played Germany. Or if we had at least had some form going into that game we would have given a better performance. We should have given them a better game, disallowed goal or not.

I'd much rather we won 4 games in a row then lost to Germany under Maradona..
We barely made it to the WC, it took a Palermo goal in the 90th minute at home to Peru and a lucky goal against Uruguay to see us through the qualifying campaign. The only reason we got so far was because all of our opponents were sub-par teams and we had a few moments of individual brilliance, and a 6 yards offside Tevez goal.

All i'll say is thank fudge for that. No more negative italian football. It bored the **** outta me.

Maybe we will now see a a tactic with creative freedom taken off the lowest setting possible for all players

All i'll say is thank fudge for that. No more negative italian football. It bored the **** outta me.

Maybe we will now see a a tactic with creative freedom taken off the lowest setting possible for all players

Actually in the qualifiers, we played good football. Also none of what we played was italian football.

It was very Italian in my eyes. Fab made a racist his captain :P

Negative Italian football? Capello?

http://www.youtube.com/v/PGkda6AMQ_I?version=3&hl=en_GB

http://www.youtube.com/v/k8SSAAgMf_g?version=3&hl=en_GB

Pull the other one, it's got bells. Re-watch some of the footage from South Africa where Capello is blowing a fuse at his players' inability to do the basics of the game once it's kicked off. Would have loved to have seen him trash the JT/Lamps clique, but it was what it was. 'Arry's turn to try it now - that's if he's daft enough to take it right now.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing England play under their next manager just from the perspective of whether or not that manager will be able to adapt as competently as Capello did. He took England from struggling to qualify to qualifying with ease. Tournament mentality (50 years of failure there isn't a fluke run of being very, very unlucky) was the next challenge after South Africa. There was a decent post on a Liverpool forum arguing, albeit a little tongue in cheek, that England should go for a 'traditional' manager who'll play 4-4-2, hoof it long, play a high tempo physical game because it'll be just as alien in these Euros as Greece's man-marking defensive system was when they won it. I guess the downside would be coming against, say, Spain and half the team getting sent off when they get frustrated at being piggy in the middle.

Negative Italian football? Capello?

http://www.youtube.com/v/PGkda6AMQ_I?version=3&hl=en_GB

http://www.youtube.com/v/k8SSAAgMf_g?version=3&hl=en_GB

Pull the other one, it's got bells. Re-watch some of the footage from South Africa where Capello is blowing a fuse at his players' inability to do the basics of the game once it's kicked off. Would have loved to have seen him trash the JT/Lamps clique, but it was what it was. 'Arry's turn to try it now - that's if he's daft enough to take it right now.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing England play under their next manager just from the perspective of whether or not that manager will be able to adapt as competently as Capello did. He took England from struggling to qualify to qualifying with ease. Tournament mentality (50 years of failure there isn't a fluke run of being very, very unlucky) was the next challenge after South Africa. There was a decent post on a Liverpool forum arguing, albeit a little tongue in cheek, that England should go for a 'traditional' manager who'll play 4-4-2, hoof it long, play a high tempo physical game because it'll be just as alien in these Euros as Greece's man-marking defensive system was when they won it. I guess the downside would be coming against, say, Spain and half the team getting sent off when they get frustrated at being piggy in the middle.

Capello made mistakes but too much criticism has come his way simply for not being English, and its embarrassing.

Can't remember where i saw it, but remember reading about how Rooney felt he was caught in between two cliques in the camp that didnt sit well with each other. Personally would have us play 4-2-3-1, and Lampard wouldnt be anywhere near the side.

Not sure why, but I want Rafa :wub:.

Capello made mistakes but too much criticism has come his way simply for not being English, and its embarrassing.

Can't remember where i saw it, but remember reading about how Rooney felt he was caught in between two cliques in the camp that didnt sit well with each other. Personally would have us play 4-2-3-1, and Lampard wouldnt be anywhere near the side.

Not sure why, but I want Rafa :wub:.

Front 4 of Rooney, Welbeck, Young and X right winger (Ox!?) nom nom. Give Carrick a call up too.

Why are SSN making a big deal of his salary? Is it not pretty well known that the footballing industry has much higher salaries than the vast majority of people?

Why are SSN making a big deal of his salary? Is it not pretty well known that the footballing industry has much higher salaries than the vast majority of people?

JUst another thing to beat him with, saddening really

No more negative italian football.

What the **** does "italian football" even mean anymore. Everyone is about defense nowadays. Even Holland and Brasil have given up their principles about playing attacking football.

Inter 5-3 Roma: Sneijder stars in a great game | Zonal Marking
Palermo 4-3 Inter: Gasperini’s 3-4-3 exposed | Zonal Marking
Juventus 3-3 Sampdoria: All-out-attack from both sides produces a superb match | Zonal Marking

Is there such a thing as 'italian' football anymore? The top 8 PL teams currently average 2.9 goals per game, the italians average 2.7 per game. Hardly a significant difference to base a stereotype as factual on. Yet more proof our media influences are still stuck in the dark ages.

Back