Capello resigns - Hodgson appointed England boss

Inter 5-3 Roma: Sneijder stars in a great game | Zonal Marking
Palermo 4-3 Inter: Gasperini’s 3-4-3 exposed | Zonal Marking
Juventus 3-3 Sampdoria: All-out-attack from both sides produces a superb match | Zonal Marking

Is there such a thing as 'italian' football anymore? The top 8 PL teams currently average 2.9 goals per game, the italians average 2.7 per game. Hardly a significant difference to base a stereotype as factual on. Yet more proof our media influences are still stuck in the dark ages.

SSN had Barry Fry on, that tells you everything

SSN had Barry Fry on, that tells you everything

Don't hate. His stupidity was hilarious.

WE WANT *SLAMS DESK* AN ENGLISH - *SLAMS DESK* MAN GOD DAMNIT SOMEONE WHO *SLAMS DESK* CARES ABOUT *SLAMS DESK* *SLAMS DESK**SLAMS DESK* THE *SLAMS DESK* TEAM AND NOT THE MONEY.

Don't hate. His stupidity was hilarious.

WE WANT *SLAMS DESK* AN ENGLISH - *SLAMS DESK* MAN GOD DAMNIT SOMEONE WHO *SLAMS DESK* CARES ABOUT *SLAMS DESK* *SLAMS DESK**SLAMS DESK* THE *SLAMS DESK* TEAM AND NOT THE MONEY.

Hilariously, Capello had a better grasp of English that him..

To be fair i always believed FIFA should enforce the rule that national teams have to be managed by coach from the same country. I'd be logical thing to do.

To be fair i always believed FIFA should enforce the rule that national teams have to be managed by coach from the same country. I'd be logical thing to do.

Unenforceable in terms of EU right to work. Also some countries, especially lower countries, just dont have the expertise. It would put them at an even bigger disadvantage.

All i'll say is thank fudge for that. No more negative italian football. It bored the **** outta me.

Maybe we will now see a a tactic with creative freedom taken off the lowest setting possible for all players

Also maybe we will see Hart played as a sweeper keeper- or maybe the new manager will set tackling to hard and crossing to drilled.

Get Woy in, one of the most respected manager's in Europe, can't do England any harm.

Get Woy in, one of the most respected manager's in Europe, can't do England any harm.

He wouldn't have the respect of a lot of people in this country though, rightly or wrongly. He'd be on a hiding to nothing IMO.

He wouldn't have the respect of a lot of people in this country though, rightly or wrongly. He'd be on a hiding to nothing IMO.

Top manager, got Fulham to the final of the Europa League you know. Got experience in international management as-well with quality sides in Finland, Switzerland and even the United Arab Emirates! If he doesn't deserve the job, I don't know who does.

You know, I'd honestly still prefer him to Alan ******* Curbishley...

You know, I'd honestly still prefer him to Alan ******* Curbishley...

I'd prefer Alan Curbishley to Alan Pardew. Not to mention the fact that Curbishley never really failed in a single one of his seasons as a manager, so I'm not sure why you're hating on him so much.

Last edited:
Rafa Benitez, please and thank you

You want Rafa? I don't really reckon Rafa would make a good international manager. His teams generally thrived on being drilled and knowing exactly what everyone's job was and where teammates would be, you need to be with a squad on a daily basis for that to be effective and you can't get that with international teams.

Of course I could be wrong, but I just don't think his style suits anything other than club management.

You want Rafa? I don't really reckon Rafa would make a good international manager. His teams generally thrived on being drilled and knowing exactly what everyone's job was and where teammates would be, you need to be with a squad on a daily basis for that to be effective and you can't get that with international teams.

Of course I could be wrong, but I just don't think his style suits anything other than club management.

He excels at Cup tournaments, and is quick understand players' strengths and weakness. Very tactically sound

He excels at Cup tournaments, and is quick understand players' strengths and weakness. Very tactically sound

No doubt he's a very intelligent manager. Don't get me wrong he would be a better option that 'arry, tactically better and much more of a long term thinker. I just don't believe he could replicate his club success into a national team, mainly due to not getting enough time with the players.

Besides, the media would tear him to shreds.

Though it won't happen but Wenger would be amazing for England! He gives youth players a chance and is good enough to handle media and YES! He wouldn't need to spend any money on transfers! So a Perfect Job for Him!

Though it won't happen but Wenger would be amazing for England! He gives youth players a chance and is good enough to handle media and YES! He wouldn't need to spend any money on transfers! So a Perfect Job for Him!

Unfortunately ruled himself out of ever being England manager.

cant see it happening. back in his as monaco days, he was offered to be manager of France, but he rejected it.

no second fiddle it seems