Capello resigns - Hodgson appointed England boss

And the irony when people say the manager MUST be English...there's only 3 in the Premiership. .

I think the key thing here would be already being from Premiership, to smoothen the adaptation process , the learning curve and whatnot.

Otherwise i doubt if there's a manager in the world who can jump right in with so little time and be more then just a ****. It just isnt possible.

Like i said, France at WM 2006 seems like most likely scenario. Domenech or whatshisface was a "manager" but everyone knew it was Zidane, Makelele and the gang who were calling all the shots, and the result was more then fine.

Just hire a PR-capable "nice guy" who will keep media bullshit under control and play along with what senior players want to do.

FTW !!!!

[video=youtube;ylftUmF-GSw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylftUmF-GSw&feature=related[/video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOTnD-kamPI[video=youtube;eOTnD-kamPI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOTnD-kamPI[/video]

That's quite tame compared to some of the Posh related stuff he's come out with over the years, most of the time he makes a half decent point, usually in the wrong way, almost always in a way that makes me chuckle.

TBH, although it sounds a bit xenophobic, i agree with him. I think the likes of Sven and Capello were/are all about the money.

Barry fry - the xenophobist

Last edited:
[video=youtube;eOTnD-kamPI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOTnD-kamPI[/video]

That's quite tame compared to some of the Posh related stuff he's come out with over the years, most of the time he makes a half decent point, usually in the wrong way, almost always in a way that makes me chuckle.

TBH, although it sounds a bit xenophobic, i agree with him. I think the likes of Sven and Capello were/are all about the money.

Sven was loved by the england players, he liked them too to be fair. 3 QF's in a row, all pretty close too. Give me a steely professional over some chest thumping ape who doesn know what he's doing, Sven cared about the players and winning

The one thing about Harry is that he is so loved by the media that they wont spend their energy ripping him and the team apart. And if he is a half decent tactican we might just get somewhere

Sven was loved by the england players, he liked them too to be fair. 3 QF's in a row, all pretty close too. Give me a steely professional over some chest thumping ape who doesn know what he's doing, Sven cared about the players and winning

Sven was actually pretty **** good, if you look at him in comparison to the managers who preceded and succeeded him. He turned around England's qualifying fortunes in 2000-02, didn't even concede a goal in a strong group at the 2002 World Cup before going out very unluckily to the eventual winners in the quarters. Then, we got to the quarters of the Euros, got a Campbell goal wrongly disallowed, and went out on the lottery of a penalty shootout. And finally, even with Beckham injured and Rooney sent off, Portugal could only manage another penalty win in the quarters of the World Cup.

I'd argue a quarter final appearance in the Euros would be a damned good result.

The one thing about Harry is that he is so loved by the media that they wont spend their energy ripping him and the team apart. And if he is a half decent tactican we might just get somewhere

Think he's tactically better than he likes to let on. I remember last season (Arsenal, where they made the comeback to win IIRC) he was talking quite a bit on tactical shifts at half time in his interview.

Arsenal 2-3 Tottenham: Redknapp proves he is a decent tactician, even if he doesn’t want to be | Zonal Marking

Honestly i'd be fine with drunk ape as manager if it meant the media will chill the **** out and stop causing endless trouble.

I was playing FM before getting wolves into europe like a boss. My brother walks in and says "Capellos resigned! It's all over sky sports news!"

My response; I'm not assed, get out.

That's all I have to say on the matter.

If Stuart Pierce takes the job then well it would be disgraceful!

Stuart Pearce will manage England for the Netherlands game, after which the FA will convene again and select a full time England manager.

~ The FA Press Conference.

Just had a look at the Capello articles:

Richard Williams
Fabio Capello never really understood English football

Dominic Fifield
John Terry was the problem that never went away for Fabio Capello

Kevin McCarra
Fabio Capello was a bullying autocrat whose aura faded

Owen Gibson
David Bernstein has paid for the mistakes of his predecessors...

Dont see anything saying:
Manager with best winning % left with no option to quit after FA takes wrong course of action

Or just,
Capello quits after being undermined by his bosses

The Guardian dont have a hidden agenda there. Not. At. All

Just had a look at the Capello articles:

Richard Williams
Fabio Capello never really understood English football

Dominic Fifield
John Terry was the problem that never went away for Fabio Capello

Kevin McCarra
Fabio Capello was a bullying autocrat whose aura faded

Owen Gibson
David Bernstein has paid for the mistakes of his predecessors...

Dont see anything saying:
Manager with best winning % left with no option to quit after FA takes wrong course of action

Or just,
Capello quits after being undermined by his bosses

The Guardian dont have a hidden agenda there. Not. At. All

Not surprised a jot to be honest.

And who would have thought it. An England manager who has the balls to stand up to a bunch of incompatants, get's the boot. And the next manager has to accept coaching staff handpicked by the FA.

I mean fair enough-there were some man-management issues he could have dealt with better. But the stats don't lie about Capello's ability as a manager as a whole. If we go on to lose badly in the Euros, that bunch of fools better have their letters of resignation ready. Because there will be absolute **** on-and this is the moment that everyone will point to.

Its about ****** time he has gone. Harry Redknapp in for sure :)

I still remain convinced that no one could have done a better job with this current crop of players than Capello. Maybe that will change with the new group of players coming through, but he really did the best he could.

I just want to picture this - Euro gone by, World cup gone by, we have two more dreadful performances with an English manager in charge, where will the press run to then?

Oh and P.S, thanks for posting the Barry Fry video earlier. He gives a perfect photograph of why we're are very much disliked around the globe.