Capello resigns - Hodgson appointed England boss

no i meant i think Capello actually wanted to remain England manager. I think he wanted to stay till after the Euro's but handed in his resignation to show how angry he was about the Terry decision but he didnt expect the FA to except it.

And I mean that if you employ someone, and they hand in a resignation notice, you have little choice but to accept it.

Harriers, i kind of understand why you say grit, as in a driven personality, but that cannot be the focal point, only a bonus factor.

And I mean that if you employ someone, and they hand in a resignation notice, you have little choice but to accept it.

I see what you mean about that because they wouldnt feel their desire wouldnt be there anymore but I was contemplating whether Capello did it not because he didnt want to be manager anymore but because he lost his head and did it because he was angry at the time not expecting the FA to immediatly accept it.

In truth non of us will truely know what happened or how it happened. We can just guess

Which just goes to show how ridiculous the Brazilians are with their managers.

He was sacked because no Brazilian wanted to see them play that way, even the players.

And thats the same reason why i didnt want Capello.

Harriers, i kind of understand why you say grit, as in a driven personality, but that cannot be the focal point, only a bonus factor.

I didnt mean to use it as a focal point. It is an added bonus factor your right. So why cant we take advantage of using it? Because we've got shed loads if the manager taps into it correctly.

He was sacked because no Brazilian wanted to see them play that way, even the players.

And thats the same reason why i didnt want Capello.

He was sacked because he didn't win. If they'd won the World Cup, nobody would've given a flying toss about how he played, and he certainly wouldn't have been sacked.

...unless you're trying to say that he would've been sacked purely on the basis of his playing style, even if he had won, right?

He was sacked because he didn't win. If they'd won the World Cup, nobody would've given a flying toss about how he played, and he certainly wouldn't have been sacked.

...unless you're trying to say that he would've been sacked purely on the basis of his playing style, even if he had won, right?

Look at Capello at Real Madrid....exact same reason, exact same result

I didnt mean to use it as a focal point. It is an added bonus factor your right. So why cant we take advantage of using it? Because we've got shed loads if the manager taps into it correctly.

Its not something to be tapped into, and it doesnt mean much on its own. Get the tactical approach and player selection right first.

Look at Capello at Real Madrid....exact same reason, exact same result

Capello won the league, most of the players loved him. He was sacked because the Real board are mugs, for the same reason they got rid of one of their most successful managers in Del Bosque, and we all know what he's gone on to do..

Its not something to be tapped into, and it doesnt mean much on its own. Get the tactical approach and player selection right first.

i agree. But id rather have a team set up really well and have it than set up really well and not have it

How the **** do you 'tap in' to English grit? It's something that aids our players when the time calls for it, not something to base our entire ****** team around.

Capello won the league, most of the players loved him. He was sacked because the Real board are mugs, for the same reason they got rid of one of their most successful managers in Del Bosque, and we all know what he's gone on to do..

they got rid of Capello because they hated the style of football he bought to Real Madrid. They won but not in the style of 'Real Madrid'

Del Bosque has the easiest job in the footballing world. Guardiola trains his team and all he has to say is 'play the same as usual'.

Wow! I hope he kept his job like Capello!

He was sacked because the press and a bunch of moronic fans had spent the previous couple of years slating him for not playing traditional Brazilian 'jogo bonito', attacking his 'negative' style even if he thrashed the opposition and waltzed through the qualifiers, and since he didn't win the WC he was blamed for pretty much everything...

...sounds familiar, doesn't it?

they got rid of Capello because they hated the style of football he bought to Real Madrid. They won but not in the style of 'Real Madrid'

Yeah, I bet Mourinho plays the 'Real Madrid' way.

How the **** do you 'tap in' to English grit? It's something that aids our players when the time calls for it, not something to base our entire ****** team around.

how do you tap into it? Martin O'Neill can get players to find it within themselves. Harry Redknapp can.

And i need to emphasis this again....IM NOT SAYING BASE YOUR TEAM ROUND IT! I'm saying use it to your advantage

No. Capello was sacked because he wanted to win to way he did. The fans were very happy with him: he'd just led the to the kind of success the galacticos era was unable to provide them with. Capello wanted more control over the team, and so was sacked. The directors at Madrid used the excuse of a more pragmatic style than Madrid fans were used to as a device to hide their political reasons for his sacking.

Del Bosque has the easiest job in the footballing world. Guardiola trains his team and all he has to say is 'play the same as usual'.

No words. There are literally no words.