Capello resigns - Hodgson appointed England boss

i agree. But id rather have a team set up really well and have it than set up really well and not have it

It's not really an option to have it or not. You do or you don't, at international level anyway. Hire whoever you want as manager, you're not going to have Balotelli running around like he's playing on a pitch of burning coals.

how do you tap into it? Martin O'Neill can get players to find it within themselves. Harry Redknapp can.

And i need to emphasis this again....IM NOT SAYING BASE YOUR TEAM ROUND IT! I'm saying use it to your advantage

How. Use it to your advantage how.

I think I may need a lot of cider in order to make sense of any of this...

how do you tap into it? Martin O'Neill can get players to find it within themselves. Harry Redknapp can.

And i need to emphasis this again....IM NOT SAYING BASE YOUR TEAM ROUND IT! I'm saying use it to your advantage

Both of those managers can also buy the players who have it to use.

Yeah, I bet Mourinho plays the 'Real Madrid' way.

no he doesnt and thats why the powers that be are trying to get rid of him too.

But Even Mourinho is a big attacking step forward from Capello

a good manager can find a way to get it out of anyone

You can't force someone to be something they aren't. It's like saying a good teacher will have every single pupil working non-stop.

Yeah and we saying are its utterly useless without the relative tactical nous and player selection. It is not what will take you fowards. You do not pick your manager based on that..

The minute you say Del Bosque has the easiest job, is the minute you reveal to everyone the holes in your football knowledge. Spain have been unachievers for 44 years, he used his tactical nous, and player knowledge to create a united side, rather than just individuals like the were before.

When did Capello become the anti-christ of football? If you read this thread back the last 5 pages you wouldn't think we were talking about a man who won 16 trophies in 16 years.

Capello was actually pretty attacking as Real madrid manager, as he always been.

Again you havent said once how you use "grit" to your advantage.

Yeah, Capello is so negative! That's why his 2000/2001 Roma side featured Gabriele Batistuta scoring 21 goals, Vincenzo Montella scoring at a rate of better than a goal every other game, and the team ended up with 68 league goals.

This thread seems to be more about one mans hatred of Spanish football now than anything to do with the English national side.

well do you see it as a disadvantage then?

Oh hello there strawman. What's that? You've just been erected and knocked down? Well bless me.

At no point did I say it was a disadvantaged. I do, however, say that it is a pretty minor advantage compared to everything else we have to deal with.

Yeah and we saying are its utterly useless without the relative tactical nous and player selection. It is not what will take you fowards. You do not pick your manager based on that..

The minute you say Del Bosque has the easiest job, is the minute you reveal to everyone the holes in your football knowledge. Spain have been unachievers for 44 years, he used his tactical nous, and player knowledge to create a united side, rather than just individuals like the were before.

yea i know! but it couldnt hurt!

and about Del Bosque....have you been listening to the fifa 12 comentary for that bit? And the in the starting 11 are 7-8 Barcelona players...hardly need to bring them together

and about Del Bosque....have you been listening to the fifa 12 comentary for that bit? And the in the starting 11 are 7-8 Barcelona players...hardly need to bring them together

Well that's just good team selection and taking advantage of what you have available too you.

We've actually got someone basing an argument on FIFA 12 commentary.

Laugh? Cry? So many choices...

Oh hello there strawman. What's that? You've just been erected and knocked down? Well bless me.

At no point did I say it was a disadvantaged. I do, however, say that it is a pretty minor advantage compared to everything else we have to deal with.

its the little details that seperate you from the rest. of which this is one tiny part of a whole package, but a nesisary one

Yeah, Capello is so negative! That's why his 2000/2001 Roma side featured Gabriele Batistuta scoring 21 goals, Vincenzo Montella scoring at a rate of better than a goal every other game, and the team ended up with 68 league goals.

and in 11 years he seems to have forgot all that. plus you can be very very sucessful playing that way in Italy. Its the culture of Italian football

its the little details that seperate you from the rest. of which this is one tiny part of a whole package, but a nesisary one

Little details? Wonderful. That's just super. Now can we focus our attention on something actually useful, like say the massive gulf in technical quality between us and continental nations? Or perhaps our grassroots system's rewarding of big players over good ones?

We've actually got someone basing an argument on FIFA 12 commentary.

Laugh? Cry? So many choices...

yea...Mike....

where it says in FIFA how Del Bosque has bought the players together as a team like no other Spainish side has....