Capello resigns - Hodgson appointed England boss

Considering the circumstances of match with Germany in RPA and playing basically without goalkeeper, i don't understand how anyone in their right mind can say Capello did awful job . Sure, i could pick on many of things i did not like, but ultimately the final result was decided by things that were out of his hands.

In terms of Euro, with so little time left, i'd expect the tactics and squad will be largely decided by senior players, and whoever becomes manager will just play along. It doesn't always have to be a bad thing - worked for France in 2006.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;m4GVQJ3J9x8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4GVQJ3J9x8[/video]

With skills like that- you can't count heskey out.

heskey for the win!

Imagine the finals of the Euro 2012, Heskey as coach, comes to the players in half time, while England is down 1:0 to I don't know who and says: "Guys, if you don't win this match, I'm gonna F*ing RAPE YOU!"

End of the Match: England - I don't know who 4:1 (H)

back ontopic:
And about the chance of Hiddink on the bench, nhf, but do you really want , as my country's (Croatia) newspapers called him, a "born loser" on the bench? He is a great coach, but in the past few years he always failed when it mattered most, in the final games (WC 2006, Euro 2008, playoffs for Euro 2012)

Last edited:
And I'd count out Pearce. If I'm not mistaken didn't he say he wasn't ready for the England job?
would be good just for a short term role. would be good experience for him. would have less pressure on him tbh

lol

420732_328230617215841_154754394563465_907876_1544168175_n.jpg

I only knew what it meant because of history the other day
I r smart

I had to google it lol. I mean, come on, I only got a B in English at GCSE. :p

Benjamin Disraeli?
yes

back on topic taking Hiddink from now until the Euros and then either continuing with him or letting him go wouldn't be a bad shout imo. Whether he would go for something like that is another question

I reckon the FA should now go for Wenger. At least we could play some decent football and still win nothing

I reckon the FA should now go for Wenger. At least we could play some decent football and still win nothing

And he doesn't buy players aswell, he belives in the current squad of players "great mental strength" ;)

Anyone else see Barry Fry on SSN... ******* embarrassment.

IMO the only English manager who should be considered is Redknapp. Nobody else is good enough, as evidenced by the fact that the second most talked about English manager is Pardew. He does a good job with Newcastle and suddenly he's flavour of the month. People have short memories.

If not Harry for me it has to be Hiddink (IMO we should snap his hand off if he is interested).

Hiddink > Rafa > Redknapp. Redknapp's not too bad, mind.

IMO the only English manager who should be considered is Redknapp. Nobody else is good enough, as evidenced by the fact that the second most talked about English manager is Pardew. He does a good job with Newcastle and suddenly he's flavour of the month. People have short memories.

If not Harry for me it has to be Hiddink (IMO we should snap his hand off if he is interested).

Only thing that would worry me if Harry took over would be about his health. Being manager of England-yeah there's clearly not as many games, but during tournaments there's immense pressure. Would he be able to handle it? That's pretty much why I'd prefer Gus.

And the irony when people say the manager MUST be English...there's only 3 in the Premiership. All the best ones are managing big clubs anyway, and it would take quite a big offer to tempt them away. And to work for the FA....they'd demand a **** of a wage to work for that bunch of muppets. And I'm also wondering if the next manager, if it isn't Harry, would proceed to do a clearout of the old guard-and if they'd take JT. Lot of potential rammifications appearing following this debacle.

Barry Fry is everthing i hate about england. Out of touch git.

Anyone else reckon we should give Ricky Tomlinson a shot and get use playing 4 4 ******* 2?