Carroll 'not yet ready for debut'

Vidic is only rated so highly because he plays for man utd and can score goals. if a defender was rated purely on defensive abilities then vidic would be no where near the best in the world
guess you prove my point about coming off 606. Not going to debate such an obviously flawed point

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

Just go and look at Liverpool's home form. You will see for yourself. Liverpool are 3th on the home table. And win against Manchester on Anfield will be massive because of the history between the clubs so it's no like nothing.
and you dont think united will be up for it, right.......... meh im off this thread

guess you prove my point about coming off 606. Not going to debate such an obviously flawed point

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

and you dont think united will be up for it, right.......... meh im off this thread

Carragher>Vidic
Terry>Vidic
Ivanovic>Vidic

ect, all are better at DEFENDING then vidic

I've lolled a bit today when people have been saying that Carroll will flop when he hasn't even played yet. Good god do these people have a brain cell? He is undoubtedly a very gifted player with tonnes of potential and ability, and he'll only become better and better simple as. Though I'm hoping he'll have an off day when Liverpool play Everton next time lol

besides we are way off base (My bad) so back to carroll

I've lolled a bit today when people have been saying that Carroll will flop when he hasn't even played yet. Good god do these people have a brain cell? He is undoubtedly a very gifted player with tonnes of potential and ability, and he'll only become better and better simple as. Though I'm hoping he'll have an off day when Liverpool play Everton next time lol

Respect mate:D Finally rival but he admits.. that is what I like:D If Rodwell plays a good game whole Liverpool will have problem not only Carrol believe me:D

Carroll wont be a flop, hes not worth 35million and may never be but he will get goals simple as that. I hope he improves massivly at Liverpool because England will reel from the benifits. For me Chelsea bought a proven PL scorer for too much money and Liverpool bought potential for too much money. Both will score goals in my opinion.

Vidic is one of the best defenders in the EPL no doubting that. However he does seem to get sent off alot against us. 3 times in the past 3 years i think.

The game in 2 weeks will be close and i think like the Chelsea game it will be a tactical battle and hopefully Kenny will get it right.

Anyway, back on topic Carroll will do well at Anfield. Kenny knows how a striker works and knows how to develop him into a quality striker. How can people write him off before he has even played.

Vidic is one of the best defenders in the EPL no doubting that. However he does seem to get sent off alot against us. 3 times in the past 3 years i think.

The game in 2 weeks will be close and i think like the Chelsea game it will be a tactical battle and hopefully Kenny will get it right.

Anyway, back on topic Carroll will do well at Anfield. Kenny knows how a striker works and knows how to develop him into a quality striker. How can people write him off before he has even played.

Simple as that. Kenny knows what to do.

Vidic is only rated so highly because he plays for man utd and can score goals. if a defender was rated purely on defensive abilities then vidic would be no where near the best in the world

Nemanja Vidic is currently the best centre back in the PL no dout about it what so ever.

I criticized the player, not the club, im full of praise for suarez am I not. Ive stated liverpool are a good team, Your not even posting on this thread, you are posting at me, and chelsea, which is nothing got to do with this thread, thanks for spamming.

The fact you are criticizing Carroll not Suarez is that the deal will only be possible through the sale of Torres. Suarez deal was done long ago and therefore it had nothing to do with Chelsea. And yes, I am posting at you, because you are trying to be stupid to judge a player without him playing a game in the liverpool system. You say Carroll does not fit into the liverpool system, did you see him play it that system yet? You haven't even seen what he can do in the system and you are concluding that Carroll is a flop. You have denied this many times but i will still have to say this is purely dumb. And i am spamming? You are more like doing so due to your stupid comments.

About Carrol and Suarez then cause I see somebody argues about them. Just look at their style and you'll see that they can easily become the best attack in the league and in Europe.

Suarez with his technique and speed and Carroll with his height, ability in the air and on the ground, his determination and strength can make great things. Liverpool can attack both from the middle and from the flanks on the ground and in the air. It is simple as that, and I think that Liverpool made a very smart move in January. It may be the start of a bright future for the club. I hope it will be cause Kenny knows what he does.

Last edited:
To Dimevodno:

Caroll and Suarez, best attack in the league and europe?! I dont think so....
Dzeko, tevez.....berbatov, rooney......Messi, villa....Torres, Drogba/anelka..... just to mention few partnerships that are on the paper as good as Caroll and Suarez...in fact, even better.

It's no like Liverpool have 2 special players that other teams doesn't.

To Dimevodno:

Caroll and Suarez, best attack in the league and europe?! I dont think so....
Dzeko, tevez.....berbatov, rooney......Messi, villa....Torres, Drogba/anelka..... just to mention few partnerships that are on the paper as good as Caroll and Suarez...in fact, even better.

It's no like Liverpool have 2 special players that other teams doesn't.

Ok, this are 4 partnerships which are currently better and this players that you have mentioned are in their top ages and will play 2-3 4 years the most. Carrol and Suarez are you potential who will learn their football together. And don't say that cause you still have to see them playing together.

I think you guys are being a bit unfair, to many, including myself, a flop means not living up their transfer fee. Carroll will have to become a great player just to live up to his fee. To exceed it, he'd pretty much have to be the best striker in the world. If he doesn't become one of these things, he will go down as a flop.

Also, I think it's ridiculous to say that no one can have an opinion on a player before he plays for the team...if you've watch both the team and particular player a lot, you should be allowed to at least say whether or not you think he will fit in. I actually sympathize with some of the "haters" on the thread, I personally don't think Carroll is a great fit for Liverpool. Liverpool IMO best utilizes Gerrard when they used the 4-5-1 that made them so successful. You had a destroyer DM (Mascherano), a distributing DM (Alonso), athletic hardworking wingers like Kuyt, the creative distributing AMC Gerrard, and a really fast, skilled, goal-scoring forward (Torres). Meireles and Lucas would be the DM's. Gerrard would be the AMC. And Suarez, a speedy skilled goal-scorer, would be the Torres replacement as striker. That doesn't leave room for Carroll.

Now people are saying that you just put Suarez on the wing, but I don't think this is a good idea. You lose out on his goal-scoring abilities, and Liverpool in that 4-5-1 got its goals from the AMC and striker. Also, Suarez fits that Torres striker mold much better than Carroll. Gerrard delivering through balls to the speedy, skilled, and clinical Torres was what generated Liverpool's goals. I could see the same thing happening with Suarez, who has some of those abilities. But not as much as Carroll. I don't think he's as fast or skilled as Suarez, and he doesn't have the proven goal-scoring record that Suarez does (maybe he will, I'm just saying he doesn't have that right now). Gerrard delivering through balls to Suarez is a lot scarier to me than him delivering through balls to Carroll.

People say that Carroll adds in the aerial ability. But that means you have to change the way Liverpool plays. Torres wasn't that good in the air but it didn't matter because they kept it more on the ground. Gerrard has always been the team's best player and you want him to be the focal point of the attack. I think Gerrard delivering through balls to Suarez is scarier than Kuyt delivering crosses to Carroll. If Liverpool goes to a more aerial game, then they will be moving the ball through Gerrard less. He will be a smaller part of that attack. I would want Gerrard to be the centerpiece of the offense, so whoever receiving through balls from Gerrard is more dangerous is who I want at striker. Also, if Carroll is the striker, where is the aerial service going to come from? Not from Suarez.

Some people want to move to a 4-4-2 with Suarez and Carroll up front, but what about Gerrard? I think the 4-5-1 is better for Gerrard since he gets to play higher up and has more freedom (two DM's are behind him instead of one).

Had Liverpool gone with Suarez at striker and waited until the summer to spend that 38 million quid on a really promising young left back and young left winger, they would be in much, much better shape. And then they would have more to spend on other players since that money is mostly covered by the Torres transfer. I strongly believe that. Do I know this is for certain? No, I haven't seen him play for Liverpool yet. Maybe he will prove me wrong, and I will have no qualms about admitting I was wrong. But it's my opinion that this was a bad piece of business, and I think I'm allowed to have that opinion before we see what the outcome is. Just as I think 50 million on an injury prone striker who is already at his peak (or even past it, since his pace is by far his best attribute and maybe he's slowed down since getting all these injuries) was also a bad bit of business, and many Liverpool fans seem to agree. But when anyone says the Carroll deal was a bad bit of business, immediately all of these people jump on the person and say "well you haven't seen how he'll fit in at Liverpool yet." At least Torres has played started in more than 15-20 games in the Prem.

I think you guys are being a bit unfair, to many, including myself, a flop means not living up their transfer fee. Carroll will have to become a great player just to live up to his fee. To exceed it, he'd pretty much have to be the best striker in the world. If he doesn't become one of these things, he will go down as a flop.
therein lies the problem with your definition. it doesnt really work curtis. for all sorts of reasons you have have to overpay for a transfer. and he doesnt even need to be the best in the world. if he scores 15+ a season for the next few seasons he has done his job.

and i definitely disagree with you second paragraph, dalglish doesnt play in the same way as benitez, in fact dalglish is known for getting the best out of all round strikers who are good in the air... you cannot base how good a player is in one style when he is going to be playing another style..

Last edited:
therein lies the problem with your definition. it doesnt really work curtis. for all sorts of reasons you have have to overpay for a transfer. and he doesnt even need to be the best in the world. if he scores 15+ a season for the next few seasons he has done his job.

and i definitely disagree with you second paragraph, dalglish doesnt play in the same way as benitez, in fact dalglish is known for getting the best out of all round strikers who are good in the air... you cannot base how good a player is in one style when he is going to be playing another style..

Yeah but for a lot of people that is the definition. Even after what he's done this season some people still call Berbatov a flop. Obviously not because he's not a good player, but because they don't think he lived up to his transfer fee.

I'm not saying that Carroll won't do well in the 4-5-1, I'm saying that Suarez would be better in that role and Liverpool as a team would be better with Suarez rather than Carroll up top. So in my opinion, the 38 million definitely should have been spent on a left back and left mid, and then they would have plenty more money to reinforce the squad with.

Yeah but for a lot of people that is the definition. Even after what he's done this season some people still call Berbatov a flop. Obviously not because he's not a good player, but because they don't think he lived up to his transfer fee.

I'm not saying that Carroll won't do well in the 4-5-1, I'm saying that Suarez would be better in that role and Liverpool as a team would be better with Suarez rather than Carroll up top. So in my opinion, the 38 million definitely should have been spent on a left back and left mid, and then they would have plenty more money to reinforce the squad with.
but they wont play 4-5-1 is my point, dalglish prefers a lop sided 4-4-2, not too dissimilar from united. Unless he changes for tactical reasons thats what he will play. And how can you say he will be better than Carroll when we havent seen Carroll play for them, they will utilise him in vastly different way to newcastle

a lot of people use that definiton but its flawed, and pretty wrong. doesnt matter how many people use it. same goes to those who call berbatov a flop still.

i personally think we cant say anything until weve seen him...

but they wont play 4-5-1 is my point, dalglish prefers a lop sided 4-4-2, not too dissimilar from united. Unless he changes for tactical reasons thats what he will play. And how can you say he will be better than Carroll when we havent seen Carroll play for them, they will utilise him in vastly different way to newcastle

a lot of people use that definiton but its flawed, and pretty wrong. doesnt matter how many people use it. same goes to those who call berbatov a flop still.

Well obviously we haven't seen Carroll play yet, I'm just saying in my opinion that Suarez would be the better choice in that 4-5-1. He's more like Torres than Carroll is. I think Gerrard delivering through balls to Suarez is scarier than having Carroll up top. Plus if you want to switch to an aerial game for Carroll's sake, then you use Gerrard less.

And that's what I'm saying, they might have to switch to a 4-4-2 for Carroll's sake and play Carroll and Suarez up top. But I don't think that's as good for Liverpool. It gives Gerrard less freedom to go forward and be a part of the attack. I would rather have two DM's behind Gerrard than one. I would way rather have stuck with the traditional 4-5-1 with Suarez up top, bought a LB and LM with the 38 million, then would have more money to spend on other players reinforcing the squad. That's why I think it was a bad piece of business.