Chelsea vs Manchester United - 1/4 Final UCL - 6/4/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every season I hope it Will finally be Chelseas year in Europe and they always let me down along with every other Chelsea supporter! I am giving up hope as each year goes by its looking more and more unlikely Chelsea will never win the Champions league.

Well played Utd by far the better side over the two legs good luck for the rest of the tournement.

It said 1991 Lineker you plonker

Last edited:
Every season I hope it Will finally be Chelseas year in Europe and they always let me down along with every other Chelsea supporter! I am giving up hope as each year goes by its looking more and more unlikely Chelsea will ever win the Champions league.

Well played Utd by far the better side over the two legs good luck for the rest of the tournement.

It will be once they get the squad sorted out. Their time will come at some point.

Really hope that this doesnt lead to Carlo's sacking, he doesnt deserve it

That is why we are Manchester United, We know what we needed to do, and we did it. Bring on the Rest of the Tournament,

I think we have a real chance of winning this now. Everyone's back fit and all look like they are peaking at the right time of the season. Treble could be on although id be more than happy with the premier league and fa cup and a champions league final appearance, hopefully against Madrid so we can show ronaldo what hes missing :p

Last edited:
To be honest at the beginning of the season, if someone had told me we'd be in the semi finals of the CL and FA cups, and have a 7 point lead in the Prem, i'd have told them to stop smoking crack

Totally doesn't, but have a bad feeling there'll be a change. It's happened before to managers who didn't deserve to be sacked, or not offered new contracts, and been tossed out like garbage. Like Sir Bobby, and Houghton. And if Carlo is sacked, it'll be an absolute travesty

I have the same feelings about you on this- I hope he doesn't get sacked. However, Avram Grant probably didn't deserve to get sacked and he did better in his season in charge. I can't help but feel Ancelotti will be fired, very unfairly- But thats Ambramovich for you.

Chelsea need a major overhaul in summer imho.

Really? Strongest defence in the league, bought some decent young players in Luiz , Ramires and Torres (he just needs a better system and link player). I think they need to offload a few players (maybe Drogba, Anelka, Kalou) and buy a creative player. Get Sturridge playing regularly too.

Essien hasn't seemed the driving force that he once was, possibly down to the formation and his role in Ancelotti's tactics. The squad just lacks creativity, which begs the question; why didn't Benayoun come on today?

I'd suggest buying a right winger and creative midfielder (someone like Nuri Sahin)

The way I see it possibly, if he was released by Chelsea, Chelseas loss could be Englands gain maybe? Be far better than Capello

Really? Strongest defence in the league, bought some decent young players in Luiz , Ramires and Torres (he just needs a better system and link player). I think they need to offload a few players (maybe Drogba, Anelka, Kalou) and buy a creative player. Get Sturridge playing regularly too.

Essien hasn't seemed the driving force that he once was, possibly down to the formation and his role in Ancelotti's tactics. The squad just lacks creativity, which begs the question; why didn't Benayoun come on today?

I'd suggest buying a right winger and creative midfielder (someone like Nuri Sahin)

Agreed they only need 2 or 3 players max

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

The way I see it possibly, if he was released by Chelsea, Chelseas loss could be Englands gain maybe? Be far better than Capello

yes please, rather him that redknapp

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

yes please, rather him that redknapp

Chelsea seem to be lackign width I think. Utd show how important wingers can be wit he likes of Nani, Valencia etc who can really chance games. Malouda allways seems to go centrally and Ramirs just isnt a winger full stop. I miss the time when we had Robben and Duff with Joe Cole as backup <3

lol. You totally need to offload Drogba. The dude has been your best player for the past couple of seasons, was the best Chelsea player in both the legs, and is probably your only hope of silverware next season.

Now We move on to "them who shall not be named" on Saturday.. beat them and all 3 will be ours. Come on United, Make History twice,

lol. You totally need to offload Drogba. The dude has been your best player for the past couple of seasons, was the best Chelsea player in both the legs, and is probably your only hope of silverware next season.

Dude I'm a United fan...
Drogba is aging and the longer he is at the club, the more of a waste of money Torres will be. They don't complement each other's style of play as they're both best in a one man attack

Now We move on to "them who shall not be named" on Saturday.. beat them and all 3 will be ours. Come on United, Make History twice,

All 3 cups? You still will have a FA Cup final an 3 Champions League games including 1 most probably against Barca lol

Status
Not open for further replies.