Chelsea vs Manchester United - 1/4 Final UCL - 6/4/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe I'm actually rooting for Man Utd to win the treble lol. But, the way the squad has matured lately, and the way they've battled away.......they deserve it

All 3 cups? You still will have a FA Cup final an 3 Champions League games including 1 most probably against Barca lol

I am very aware of this Thanks Mally... Your Contribuation was fantastic.

Really? Strongest defence in the league, bought some decent young players in Luiz , Ramires and Torres (he just needs a better system and link player). I think they need to offload a few players (maybe Drogba, Anelka, Kalou) and buy a creative player. Get Sturridge playing regularly too.

Essien hasn't seemed the driving force that he once was, possibly down to the formation and his role in Ancelotti's tactics. The squad just lacks creativity, which begs the question; why didn't Benayoun come on today?

I'd suggest buying a right winger and creative midfielder (someone like Nuri Sahin)

They still have a lot of ageing players though, as well. Agreed that for next season they only need a couple, but surely they'd want to bring in all the fresh faces to be the future while they're still able to flex their financial muscle?

Dude I'm a United fan...
Drogba is aging and the longer he is at the club, the more of a waste of money Torres will be. They don't complement each other's style of play as they're both best in a one man attack

Sorry ;)
But seriously, How dare you, as a United fan, suggest that an ageing player is useless ;)

I am very aware of this Thanks Mally... Your Contribuation was fantastic.

Obviously you wasn't aware otherwise you wouldn't of said all 3 were yours. Durrrrrrrr

The way I see it possibly, if he was released by Chelsea, Chelseas loss could be Englands gain maybe? Be far better than Capello

I thought they said the next manager will be English, though?

I think I'd prefer Redknapp in a weird way anyway, he may not tactically be as good, but he is a terrific man manager and motivator, and most of all he does epitomise everything English and could inject some real passion back into the national team.

They still have a lot of ageing players though, as well. Agreed that for next season they only need a couple, but surely they'd want to bring in all the fresh faces to be the future while they're still able to flex their financial muscle?

I'd guess Torres has been bought to replace Drogba, they've agreed to sign Piazon and have Sturridge too, so they will have options up front in the future. Given all the hype coming from Chelsea fans, I'd guess McEacharan will replace Lampard and they have a few decent young defenders too. A couple more quality young players and the future would seem bright for Chelsea

I thought they said the next manager will be English, though?

I think I'd prefer Redknapp in a weird way anyway, he may not tactically be as good, but he is a terrific man manager and motivator, and most of all he does epitomise everything English and could inject some real passion back into the national team.

Or maybe have Redknapp as assistant manager? Or vice versa?
But back in reality, I (vaguely) remember about the manager being English. Be interesting to see if they stick to their word though.

Last edited:
Obviously you don't know what "will" means then lol...

Will as in soon in the future, City are the real test for us, get past them and we shall steam roll the rest... Jezz that was hard.

themichaelowen michael owen
As I've already said, don't know where, don't know when, but there is an important goal to come from me this season - mark my words!!!

For people stating Chelsea will never win the CL and giving up hope i mean you cfc12345 here are some statistics for you to ponder.
Man Utd have appeared 23 times in the European Cup (if im right) and have won it 3 times which is an average of every 8 years.
Barcelona have appeared 21 times and have won it 3 times which averages around every 7 years.
Arsenal have appeared 15 times and have failed to win it.
Chelsea have only entered this competition on 9 occasions and with the 1999-2000 season aside they have been it it consistantly since 2003. Now Chelsea even being in the CL is somthing i never thought i would see and we do seem to have alot of unluck (not counting tonight) in the CL but thats the way it goes. We are new to this competition as a club and have come up against some of the best teams in the world. No need to panic at all.

Now after that little rant i can focus on the game. Now i love Ancelotti but he got it all wrong today without a dout. If you are going to play it into a strikers feet or up in the air who would you rather have recieving it, Drogba or Torres??? Its a no brainer, Torres vs Ferdinand/Vidic/O' Shea in the air and their was always going to be one winner 100% of the time. Hugely dissapointed it took us until 70odd minutes to have only our 2nd shot on target and although we looked impecable defensivly (until the goal) we lacked that vital physicality upfront.

Drogba was excellent in the 2nd half and every time he found himself on the right he made Evra look amatuer and thats not an easy thing to do. So i have a question, if i spotted in the 1st leg that Drogba made Evra look stupid then why didnt he play Drogba on the left for this game having a free roam role?? So why couldnt Ancelotti see this. I dont want Chelsea to sack Ancelotti because he is a great manager and we need to stick with someone for longer than 2 years but he has some flaws there is no dout about that.

On the whole over the 2 legs Utd deserved to go through and thats what annoys me most because Chelsea are better than this. My opinion is that Ryan Giggs won you these ties and he in my head will go down as the best footballer ever to play in English football and in my top 5 best players the world has ever seen.

Although Ramires was stupid to get sent off atleast he was trying to force somthing as he was all day unlike Essien who was a shadow of his former self again and Lampard whos passing was dreadful today. BUT THEY WERE NOTHING COMPARRED TO MALOUDA AND ITS NOT OFTEN I HAVE WISHED A CHELSEA PLAYER TO LEAVE THE CLUB BUT IF HE DOSENT LEAVE IN THE SUMMER THEN I WILL PERSONLY WRITE TO THE CLUB AND ASK WHY IS HE STILL HERE?

To wrap this long rant off and i hope most of you will accept what i have said and see why its been so long is i believe this game could have been won if Ancelotti started Drogba, simple as that.

BUT THEY WERE NOTHING COMPARRED TO MALOUDA AND ITS NOT OFTEN I HAVE WISHED A CHELSEA PLAYER TO LEAVE THE CLUB BUT IF HE DOSENT LEAVE IN THE SUMMER THEN I WILL PERSONLY WRITE TO THE CLUB AND ASK WHY IS HE STILL HERE?.

Very scary haha they defiantly will sell him then. Was waiting for you to put something like you will find him cut his head off an **** down his neck.

For people stating Chelsea will never win the CL and giving up hope i mean you cfc12345 here are some statistics for you to ponder.
Man Utd have appeared 23 times in the European Cup (if im right) and have won it 3 times which is an average of every 8 years.
Barcelona have appeared 21 times and have won it 3 times which averages around every 7 years.
Arsenal have appeared 15 times and have failed to win it.
Chelsea have only entered this competition on 9 occasions and with the 1999-2000 season aside they have been it it consistantly since 2003. Now Chelsea even being in the CL is somthing i never thought i would see and we do seem to have alot of unluck (not counting tonight) in the CL but thats the way it goes. We are new to this competition as a club and have come up against some of the best teams in the world. No need to panic at all.

Now after that little rant i can focus on the game. Now i love Ancelotti but he got it all wrong today without a dout. If you are going to play it into a strikers feet or up in the air who would you rather have recieving it, Drogba or Torres??? Its a no brainer, Torres vs Ferdinand/Vidic/O' Shea in the air and their was always going to be one winner 100% of the time. Hugely dissapointed it took us until 70odd minutes to have only our 2nd shot on target and although we looked impecable defensivly (until the goal) we lacked that vital physicality upfront.

Drogba was excellent in the 2nd half and every time he found himself on the right he made Evra look amatuer and thats not an easy thing to do. So i have a question, if i spotted in the 1st leg that Drogba made Evra look stupid then why didnt he play Drogba on the left for this game having a free roam role?? So why couldnt Ancelotti see this. I dont want Chelsea to sack Ancelotti because he is a great manager and we need to stick with someone for longer than 2 years but he has some flaws there is no dout about that.

On the whole over the 2 legs Utd deserved to go through and thats what annoys me most because Chelsea are better than this. My opinion is that Ryan Giggs won you these ties and he in my head will go down as the best footballer ever to play in English football and in my top 5 best players the world has ever seen.

Although Ramires was stupid to get sent off atleast he was trying to force somthing as he was all day unlike Essien who was a shadow of his former self again and Lampard whos passing was dreadful today. BUT THEY WERE NOTHING COMPARRED TO MALOUDA AND ITS NOT OFTEN I HAVE WISHED A CHELSEA PLAYER TO LEAVE THE CLUB BUT IF HE DOSENT LEAVE IN THE SUMMER THEN I WILL PERSONLY WRITE TO THE CLUB AND ASK WHY IS HE STILL HERE?

To wrap this long rant off and i hope most of you will accept what i have said and see why its been so long is i believe this game could have been won if Ancelotti started Drogba, simple as that.

May have been a rant, but also a voice of reason. I, like yourself, was extremely surprised when Drogba didn't start. Be interesting to hear the reason for it.

Very scary haha they defiantly will sell him then. Was waiting for you to put something like you will find him cut his head off an **** down his neck.

That would work too.

Surprised by the number of fans who phoned up on radio, saying Ancelotti AND Roman have to go. Are they insane? If it wasn't for Romans cash, they wouldn't be where they are right now-all that cash he's pumped into the club. Madness. Absolute madness.

Last edited:
Surprised by the number of fans who phoned up on radio, saying Ancelotti AND Roman have to go. Are they insane? If it wasn't for Romans cash, they wouldn't be where they are right now-all that cash he's pumped into the club. Madness. Absolute madness.

They are not Chelsea supporters they are what we call followers or Jonny come latelys. Basicly oh i see Chelsea are doing well now, i might like them for abit. Joke of people and they are a waste of our air we breathe, bring in national selection.

**** im glad Drogba didnt start this game. Great game for us, sorry Chelsea fans, better luck next time. Ps. No one said anything about the ref :p

Status
Not open for further replies.