Collecting Trophies For Fun..

Alright guys, been a busy day so haven't had a chance to get on here.

I made a decision in the end, I picked the club I felt I had the best chance of winning trophies. It was tough as both teams finished 5th last year and both needed alot of work.

Updates to come soon, also 3 players from Madrid have joined me.

View attachment 246682

Bullard Begins New Chapter at Anfield

View attachment 246681
After reviewing my options carefully, I decided that moving to Liverpool next would be a no-brainer. Whilst AC Milan are a giant club and the chance to manage in Italy would have been fun, the work I would have needed to put in at the San Siro would have been far greater and taken far longer. Not only were Liverpool offering a much bigger budget, they also have a lot of players at high value that I wanted to move on to reinvest into making the squad my own.

First Squad Scout Report

View attachment 246680
My new Head Scout kindly prepared a report for me based on the best players we have in the squad by position, from the report it was clear to me that we needed to improve our defence, we have plenty of options at the back, they are all just not up to standard. The report also shows me that we obviously have an abundance of attacking options as well, I will be looking to change this around though as I have a few of my own preferences.

Current Club World Rankings

View attachment 246679
There isn't too much work to be done to improve our standings in world football. In my opinion there are a few teams there that I will be looking to overtake. I very much doubt we will catch up with my previous employers Real Madrid any time soon.

View attachment 246664

First Day

So I arrived at Anfield for my first official day as Manager, it was obvious from the press attention and supporters outside the ground that the expectations on me were huge, the feeling is that after my time at Real Madrid I am the man that can take this club back to European dominance, hopefully I won’t let them down.

My first port of call was to sit down and chat to the players about my plans and my vision for the next season, I wanted to be completely honest and straight down the line with them, there were going to be players sold and I sat down with each of the individuals in question, luckily they were very understanding and agreed to go along with my wishes.

Transfer Listed

Daniel Sturridge
Adam Lallana
Lucas Leiva
Dejan Lovren
Omer Toprak
Simon Mignolet
Fabio Borini
Iago Aspas

After the meeting with the lads I went back to my office, sat down and made up a short-list of my preferred transfer targets, there were a quite few players I had worked closely with at Madrid on the list, along with a few others that I felt would improve our squad.

Primary Targets

Alessandro Florenzi (CM/AM/RW/LW)
Alexandre Lacazette (RW/ST)
Jeronimo Rulli (GK)
Iker Casillas (GK)
Memphis Depay (LW/RW)
Sergio Ramos (CB/RB)
Marquinos (CB/RB)
Jesus Vollejo (CB)
Calum Chambers (CB/RB)
Mattia De Sciglio (RB/LB)
Niklas Sule (CB/DM/CM)
Gaston Gil Romero (DM/CM)
Felix Passlack (DR/RM/AMR)
Jose Maria Giminez (CB/RB)
Mattias Ginter (CB/DM/CM)

Enquires will be made immediately and I will be hoping to conclude all transfer dealings early to allow the team to get to know each other and play a few friendlies together before our opening game in the Community Shield against Manchester United.

Email - Stadium Update

View attachment 246611
I wasn't aware work had taken place but it is certainly a welcome piece of news to receive on my second day. Next to improve the training and youth facilities as I requested in my interview.

View attachment 246592

Transfer Updates

Liverpool and Real Madrid swap staff like trading cards

Manager Movements

Matt Bullard
Real Madrid > Liverpool

Brendan Rogers
Liverpool > Real Madrid

Player Transfers

Incoming

Alexandre Lacazette - £21 Million
Real Madrid > Liverpool

View attachment 246589

Alessandro Florenzi - £19 Million
Real Madrid > Liverpool

View attachment 246586

Lucas Digne - £21 MIllion
Real Madrid > Liverpool

View attachment 246584

Youri Tielemans - £3.6 Million
Real Madrid > Liverpool

View attachment 246583

Gino Peruzzi - £2.5 Million

Real Madrid > Liverpool
(Forgot to take SS)

Out

Daniel Sturridge - £33.5 Million

Liverpool > Real Madrid

Dejan Lovren - £11.25 Million
Liverpool > Real Madrid

Omer Toprak - £10 MIllion
Liverpool > Real Madrid

Been reading this for a while,never had the strenght to make a comment :P
Now,that you're at Liverpool,i hope to be a devotated follower :D
Seems that Liverpool is England's Real :P

Well been away for a week and come back to find you have changed clubs! Good choice on Liverpool over Milan considering you wanted trophies. In all honesty I hoped to see transfer dealings with other clubs than Real Madrid, but hey I can't blame you for brining players along :).

Good luck!

Been reading this for a while,never had the strenght to make a comment :P
Now,that you're at Liverpool,i hope to be a devotated follower :D
Seems that Liverpool is England's Real :P

Haha! tbh Barcelona are by far my favourite team in Spain, I had just never manager Real before so thought I would give it ago.
I am glad you can now follow my story with out any hatred :)
Yeah they have a lot of spending power, even compared to Chelsea and Man City!

Well been away for a week and come back to find you have changed clubs! Good choice on Liverpool over Milan considering you wanted trophies. In all honesty I hoped to see transfer dealings with other clubs than Real Madrid, but hey I can't blame you for brining players along :).

Good luck!

Cheers matey, Don't worry, there are still some big transfers from other clubs too :)

Done Deals Recap

Transfers In

View attachment 246523

Lacazette – He was a bit of a super sub in my Real Madrid team, he still had a decent goal/game ratio and he will only improve with regular football.
Digne – He was outstanding at left back for Real, it was almost impossible to decide between him and Gaya during my time, delighted to link up again.
Florenzi – Mr Dependable, when I first signed him 2 years ago I thought he would be a fringe player, I never expected him to keep Modric and Isco out of the side. Tielemans – Could not believe this kid was up for sale at £3.6m when I left, their loss is our gain. He still has huge potential.
Peruzzi – Only made a handful of appearances at Madrid, has a lot to offer and I am sure he will get more minutes with me this time round.
De Sciglio – A bit of a risk at £32.5m, he has the potential to be one of the best right backs in the world though so I just hope it pays off.
Jones – Bit of a controversial move, I am 100% confident though that his move from Manchester to Merseyside will be a success and he will be our defensive rock.
Rulli – I made him my first choice as I felt Mignolet was not up to the task. He will be a great No.1 for years to come.

Transfers Out

View attachment 246522

Lovren – In my mind was not good enough for this team, I was happy for Rodgers to take Dejan with him.
Toprak – Same as above, just not good enough for a potential title winning side.
Sturridge – This may be seen as a very bold move bit I couldn’t turn down the offer. We still have Balotelli, Lacazette, Origi and Insigne.. we will be fine.
Moreno – Definitely not a planned sale but when PSG came in at £20m, I went back with a £40m price tag which they accepted. I will probably be able to buy him back for £10m next season anyway.
Leiva – Was not in my plans and I wanted to cash in whilst I still could.
Mignolet – As previously mentioned, was not up to the standards I require and was the first out of the door.
Borini – Surplus to requirements, decent fee received.
Aspas - Surplus to requirements, did well to get what we did.

View attachment 246487

First Team Squad

View attachment 246496View attachment 246495
In my opinion we now have a very strong squad at our disposal with great cover in all areas. I think that despite the scout ‘star’ ratings, the defence is much improved and the mixture of existing and new additions to our attacking options will provide goals and assists from all areas of the pitch.

Friendly Results

View attachment 246492
I am very pleased with our friendlies and what I have learnt in the process. Firstly, the two results where we did not achieve the win, I gave my Assistant free reign, during which he chose to revert back to Liverpool’s formation from last season and it just shows that my tactics and style of play definitely work better than how the team had previously been set up.

Secondly I have learnt a lot about my players, Balotelli for one did not have a great season last year but he seems taken well to the way we are now set up. The same can be said for Yarmolenko who definitely enjoys coming off the wing as an Inside Forward rather than staying wide as a winger.

All in all its been a good pre-season and the squad seem raring to go for the opening day match at Wembley for the Community Shield.

Season Odds

View attachment 246488
The publicised odds for this seasons league winners just go to show how tight things really are in the Premiership now. I am more than confident that we can finish top 4, if not challenge for the title.

View attachment 246473
Community Shield

Line-up Preview

View attachment 246471
We have several players missing due to international duty or injuries including Rulli, Digne, Lacazette, Coutinho and Florenzi. I still think we have enough in us to win today despite us being dubbed the 'Underdogs'.

Result

View attachment 246470
First game in England, first trophy. Delighted with the result with what was certainly not my first team.
Man Utd played well and despite our domination at times, they still managed more shots.
A very special mention has to go to the MoM and hat-trick hero Yarmolenko, he was pure class today and is already looking like he will be pivotal to our success this season.

(Trophy Cabinet On Page 1 Updated)

Back