Collecting Trophies For Fun..

View attachment 251839

La Liga
Week 7

View attachment 251838
Another impressive win, this time it was Ronaldo's turn to be our hat-trick hero and ****** the lime-light. just when the world was starting to recognise Hazard as a threat for he Ballon d'Or, Ronaldo goes and puts in a perfect performance.

Would he really let the award go to the new kid on the block?

View attachment 251821

Champions League Group Stages
Match Day 3

View attachment 251824
Forty-one shots compared to their two and 65 percent possession and they still manage to go back to France with a point. I decided to give both Ronaldo and Hazard a rest for this game as both were running low on fatigue, never-the-less with that kind of domination we need to be winning matches in Europe if we are to be crowned Champions.

A special mention for my saviour Florenzi who scored a screamer late on to spare our blushes.

View attachment 251812

Competition Standings

La Liga

View attachment 251811
Up until the last game Barcelona had been 2 games ahead of us, allowing them to sit first in the league for a couple of weeks, not any more, much as we did last year I want to take the lead early and never look back.

We are well represented in the league player stats charts, Hazard and Ronaldo battling it out for the top scoring 'Pichichi' award, they also both appear in the top rated players along with Depay completing the top 3. It is worth mentioning that all though Depay has not scored as many this season, he has added assists to his game which I am delighted with.

Champions League

View attachment 251810
Winning the group or even qualifying for the knock-out stages is certainly not a full gone conclusion at this point. Our draw against Marseille has put a different complexion on the group, we now have two away matches to play out of our remaining three fixtures. I still have the confidence in our ability to continue our march to the final.

Games like that OM one make you want to rip out your hair hey!!

View attachment 251555

La Liga
Week 8

View attachment 251554
The Madrid derby was by far the tightest game we have been involved in so far this season, despite the stats I think Atletico probably had the better chances. We was extremely lucky when the ball broke to Depay in the 6 yard box to score the winner in the dying minutes, to say I was relieved would be an understatement.

View attachment 251541

La Liga
Week 9

View attachment 251542
Professional display to see off a good opponent, Hazard on the score sheet again and I will be trying to introduce Lacazette into the fold more this season, he is attracting a lot of attention across Europe and I do not want to lose him in January (In truth I want to hold onto him until the end of the season and then try and take him with me to my new club) ;)

View attachment 251538

Match Day 4

View attachment 251537

So last time we faced Marseille was at home, in that game we struggled to draw despite our obvious dominance in that match. Today we have been undone yet again, only this time the score line has flattered Marseille and put our chances of progressing through to the knock-out stages in real jeopardy. To make things worse Ramos got sent off and will now miss the next match against Manchester United, a crucial game.

Straight after the match I received a call from the President, he wanted a meeting as soon as I arrived back in Madrid.

Last edited:

Meeting Notes
FP: Hola Matt, come in, thank you for coming to see me, how are you feeling?
MB: I am exhausted and to be honest I am a little dejected after the result against Marseille.

FP: Yes this is why I called you in today. Matt, let me tell you a story about a young manager that didn’t win the Champions League in his first two seasons at Real Madrid.. he didn’t make it to his third, The End.
MB: That’s good, I will remember that one when I am putting the kids to bed. Florentino, I can assure you that this competition is just as important to me as it is you.

FP: It doesn’t seem that way, why are we unbeaten, winning 8-0 and 7-0 in the league and we are losing in the Champions League?
MB: I don’t know why, but I can assure you we will progress through to the next round.

FP: Matt, I am understanding that you have made it quite clear that you want to leave at the end of the season regardless of your results in the Champions League, why? I do not know, I have given you the opportunity to manage the best team in the world and you want to leave? Let me tell you this, if you do not qualify past the group stages, I may consider asking you to hand in your resignation before the end of the season, please just keep that in mind.
MB: Is that all Florentino?

FP: I have made my point.. adios.

How the group table looking?
Im sure you'll make it through, would be shocking for clearly the best team in europe not to be in the knockout stages,

How the group table looking?
Im sure you'll make it through, would be shocking for clearly the best team in europe not to be in the knockout stages,

I am a div and forgot to SS the table, I will update with the group table tonight, we are third.

I think my tactics are too attacking for the CL, may need to revise my tactics before the next match.

View attachment 251465

La Liga
Week 10

View attachment 251464
Back to winning ways and great to see all three forwards get on the score sheet together, especially good to see Depay start getting some goals again. Only negative was that Ronaldo picked up a small niggling injury and looks a bit jaded at the moment.

La Liga
Week 11

View attachment 251463
With Ronaldo out with a minor injury, this was the perfect opportunity for Lacazette to continue to push for a first team place and he did so with a great brace, I feel for him, he has a great record but is obviously finding it difficult competing with RonPay and Eden. Another superb win in the league.

View attachment 251215

Champions League Update

League Table

View attachment 251213
With games still to play at Plzen at home, which I think we should win comfortably and then the away day on the last game of the group stage against Manchester United at Old Trafford. They may not have put up much of a fight last time round but I have no doubt we are going to have to be at our best to ensure we qualify for the next round.

Last edited:
View attachment 251162

La Liga
Week 12

View attachment 251161
With a big game coming up next in the Champions League against Plzen, I wanted to rest a few faces, we still performed very well despite the wobbly start.

When the first goal went in from Michel, I had a feeling our unbeaten run in the league was about to come to an end, luckily for me Depay was not about to let that happen. A great hat-trick and his run of form has come just in time to coincide with a drop in from from Hazard and the return of Bale from injury.

View attachment 251159

Match Day 5

View attachment 251158
Boom! That was the performance we needed if we are going to progress through. The players were hyped for this game and knew what was at stake if we didn't win convincingly as was expected of us.

Once Depay got the opening goal within 40 seconds, you could just tell this was going to be a good night. Ronaldo was inspirational this evening and fully deserved his hat-trick and MoM award.

Group Table

View attachment 251157
So we go into the last game against Manchester United at Old Trafford knowing that a point will see us through, of course it will not be that straight forward, nothing is for certain.

Back