Darren Bent hands in transfer request?!?!

More then bent, a lot ******* more, thats for sure, If your trying to then bring the stat about bents goals being 81 compared to rooney 82. Rooney brings a lot more to his game then a poacher, who has only assisted one goal in his whole sunderland career. SO find another route.

No, ill stick to that route thanks. Darren Bent is the 2nd top English goalscorer but I guess that doesnt mean anything. Rooney has been poor this season and you know it so at this moment in time how can you say Rooney is worth a lot more than Bent? For the last 10 months Bent has been doing his job, Rooney hasnt.

164142_10150384023460481_808265480_17009965_7664881_n.jpg

Someone's angry at Mr Bent XD

Bent has scored 1 less EPL goal in the last 3 seasons than Rooney.Who incidentally has scored two goals since March? Over-rated with his price as well?

But yeah, this is majorly over-priced - If you want an English goalscorer at this level, then unfortunately you're looking at paying a premium. And thats for any English striker/player.

Too late, I've just gone there :p
In fairness both drobga and rooney (whom bent has beent compared to with their goal tallies) bring so much more to their sides apart from goals. But as long as hes banging the goals in Villa fans wont care too much about the price

Are you really trying to say Bent > Rooney.

Don't be daft.

No, ill stick to that route thanks. Darren Bent is the 2nd top English goalscorer but I guess that doesnt mean anything. Rooney has been poor this season and you know it so at this moment in time how can you say Rooney is worth a lot more than Bent? For the last 10 months Bent has been doing his job, Rooney hasnt.

Rooney > Bent, This thread is about Darren Bent anyway not Rooney.

Back to Bent

Wonder how Villa will line up in future now

Well firstly Football is longer then 10 months and a player is defined over a career rather then a 10 month spell. Any idiot knows that.... Wayne Did it for the previous 6 years, whilst Bent was playing about at Spurs, Getting relegated with Charlton. You really trying to say Bent is worth the same as Rooney, Cause you are the most deluded mong ever, if that is true.

Are you really trying to say Bent > Rooney.

Don't be daft.

Im not for one second suggesting Bent is better than Rooney. All im saying is Bent has consistently scored goals for which he is paid to do, Rooney hasnt been scoring goals and has been poor in my opinion. Look lads im not looking for an argument. All im getting at is that for the price Villa are paying I think that is the going rate for a striker who is going to get 20+ goals per season.

Back to Bent

Depends if Young and Downing get sold, Gerard Houllier said in the press conference that they won't be sold but anything could happen tbh.

Back to Bent

If we had our way:

Friedel
Walker Cuellar Collins Clark
Makoun Petrov
Albrighton Young Downing
Bent

Also, we can stop the talk of Bent being overpriced and overrated now. Yes, he is overpriced, but that's the price you pay for a prolific, ENGLISH goalscorer nowadays who's entering their prime. I don't think he's overrated in my eyes, but then again I never rated him HUGELY. He's a very good player, but more importantly for us, I'm happy for us to spend up to 24 mil on something that will fix our biggest problem, a lack of a clinical finisher.

Last edited:
Well firstly Football is longer then 10 months and a player is defined over a career rather then a 10 month spell. Any idiot knows that.... Wayne Did it for the previous 6 years, whilst Bent was playing about at Spurs, Getting relegated with Charlton. You really trying to say Bent is worth the same as Rooney, Cause you are the most deluded mong ever, if that is true.

Is there any need for abuse you tool. Im giving you my opinion, or am I not entitled to do that????

I can see Houllier playing Gabby on the wing for some reason...

Friedel
Walker Dunne Collins Clark/Warnock
Makoun Petrov
Agbonlahor Young Downing
Bent​

Im not for one second suggesting Bent is better than Rooney. All im saying is Bent has consistently scored goals for which he is paid to do, Rooney hasnt been scoring goals and has been poor in my opinion. Look lads im not looking for an argument. All im getting at is that for the price Villa are paying I think that is the going rate for a striker who is going to get 20+ goals per season.

Scott

scott and mackem pack it in about rooney or go to VMs

Scott

My Post was Before his.

And to his Post.

Wayne Job is not to score goals profilicaly it is to assist the teams flow, the fact he has done that and scored 82 goals in how every many seasons it is, just shows how awesome he is, and the fact his goal scorer ratio is better then that of a "Natural 20 goal a season man" shows how over priced Bent really is....

Edit: Sorry Mike. Just saw your post.

scott and mackem pack it in about rooney or go to VMs

I apologise but im angry about the whole situation.

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

So does anyone reckon Bent will score the goals to pull Villa away from trouble?

I apologise but im angry about the whole situation.

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

So does anyone reckon Bent will score the goals to pull Villa away from trouble?

I think he will score goals... But i think they would of dragged themselves out of this mess anyway, But he will certainly help

And who will replace him at Sunderland? I dont think we will sign Welbeck permanently. Ferguson has made it clear he doesnt want to sell.

Robbie Keane to Sunderland anyone?