Different 451 Tactic with Success

No not yet. want to try it with IF, but not have time yet.

the BWM was Def yes.

and i can try that!
I have lots of potential good IF, so i cna try the tweak this season. Arda Turan, David Villa, Raichard Zivkovic, Christian Rodriguez can all play IF, and i got some more players inbound from transfer to!

I had to let Cortouis go back to chelsea as they wanted 15million punds in monthly fee to extend the loan, or offered me to buy him for 70 million pounds.. hes good, but i got ter Stegen instead for measly 8 million punds spread over 48 months mostly :D

the BWM was Def yes.

and i can try that!
I have lots of potential good IF, so i cna try the tweak this season. Arda Turan, David Villa, Raichard Zivkovic, Christian Rodriguez can all play IF, and i got some more players inbound from transfer to!

I had to let Cortouis go back to chelsea as they wanted 15million punds in monthly fee to extend the loan, or offered me to buy him for 70 million pounds.. hes good, but i got ter Stegen instead for measly 8 million punds spread over 48 months mostly :D
Great buy that.

In regards with the IF - try sit narrow, shoot less and mark tighter

That was my idea for the IF - than the wb can run behind them. Then you can add to the team instructions look for overlap.

Just a recommendation. :D

DO i set the wingbacks to attacking or keep them automatic?

i will try my best. but now off for the night to go drink and eat good food with a m8!

footballmanager lives to fight another day!

DO i set the wingbacks to attacking or keep them automatic?

i will try my best. but now off for the night to go drink and eat good food with a m8!

footballmanager lives to fight another day!
Enjoy.

I will tweak and play, and let you know. I might have some thing, but need the striker to get more into the action.

I've tried this tactic with 3 different teams and it didn't seem to work for any, Benteke looked lost when I played with Newcastle.

Any tweaks I can make to help improve the tactic?

Last edited:
I've tried this tactic with 3 different teams and it didn't seem to work for any, Benteke looked lost when I played with Newcastle.

Any tweaks I can make to help improve the tactic?
What went wrong? Did you concede to many?

About 80% gelled but just kept having poor results with a team that should have finished near the top.
The tactic will get into great end sept, begin Oct. So it is just grinding out results till then and then it will flow.

The tactic will get into great end sept, begin Oct. So it is just grinding out results till then and then it will flow.

Should I keep using Team Cohesion and high until the tactic fully gelled even though I'm into the season?

Should I keep using Team Cohesion and high until the tactic fully gelled even though I'm into the season?
you keep it on team cohesion and tactic only till it is formation is fully gelled and then switch to balanced and att movement/def positioning. Depends on if you have a problem with goals conceded.

(H)

Only change I make is to put in false 9 upfront instead of complete forward.

First season finish, updated screen shots:
2hybeb9.jpg

Results:
14n1aw7.jpg

2zgri45.jpg

Very good work, will update after 2nd season.

(H)

Only change I make is to put in false 9 upfront instead of complete forward.

First season finish, updated screen shots:
2hybeb9.jpg

Results:
14n1aw7.jpg

2zgri45.jpg

Very good work, will update after 2nd season.
Great results mate.

Can you post the player instructions for the False 9 please.

314fcyp.jpg

Less shots - stoping those wastefull 30/25 yard shots that can score but waste good moves
Dribble less - this is really down to my personal ST I don't have great pace, but good technical players so I wanted him more to set up as much as finish, found this really suited lambert, also it helped with the ST rating keeping him involved in passing moves and making those low rating starts to games less often.
Mark tighter - ST puts pressure on the DC and they make mistakes but also slows there movement towards you and gives your mid time to predict passes and kept me spending generally much more time in others half, lowering risk to my goal.

this ofc, wont specificly work for all ST so its down to your team, but I hope my explain why I choose them was helpful.

(H)

314fcyp.jpg

Less shots - stoping those wastefull 30/25 yard shots that can score but waste good moves
Dribble less - this is really down to my personal ST I don't have great pace, but good technical players so I wanted him more to set up as much as finish, found this really suited lambert, also it helped with the ST rating keeping him involved in passing moves and making those low rating starts to games less often.
Mark tighter - ST puts pressure on the DC and they make mistakes but also slows there movement towards you and gives your mid time to predict passes and kept me spending generally much more time in others half, lowering risk to my goal.

this ofc, wont specificly work for all ST so its down to your team, but I hope my explain why I choose them was helpful.

(H)
Thanks for the screen shots.

Will have a look at it.

How many do you score?

Well nothing special yet if im honest, but I did some tests with poacher aswell which proved a bad choice because I just didn't have the pace, I ended up doing some draws vs lesser teams trying tweaks, but im thinking next season with the false 9 for the full season, goals will be more consistant, i don't have any big goal scorer but i have team that all helped, that's much more down to your work than anything i did, i just did some ST changes only.

opmtuf.jpg

Back