El Gran Repte d'Andorra (The Great Andorran Challenge)

• Thread starter Thread starter MojoDex
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 805
  • Views Views 205K
After a storming season for the club I was looking for at least some positives from the NT.

And didn't we get them!
andfix_zps93f70c8a.png

A draw against Italy is Andorras greatest ever result. We played brilliantly even if we rode our luck at times.
AndorravItaly_OverviewOverview_zpsf98caca5.png

A draw against Hong Kong was a mixed bag, I had hoped to win but I will take a draw.
HongKongChinaPRvAndorra_OverviewOverview_zps9045436e.png

A win against Israel would be our greatest result if we hadn't drawn against Italy. We ouplayed them from the first whistle and scored with our super 14yo starlet ;)
IsraelvAndorra_OverviewOverview-2_zps9549c16b.png

We recieved some excellent news inthe summer. Hopefully further strengthening our financial position.
debt_zps8b27d124.png

prof_zps38f2a32e.png

Our Europa League win has also sent us flying up the European club rankings. This will certainly help with aquiring the players we need.
rank-1_zpsc157a654.png

I was also offered a new job, one i had to turn down for the good of Andorra.
eng_zpsc34e75c2.png

The bookies finally give us the love we deserve, With a couple of good signings we can challenge make no mistake. My minimum aim is to split Real and Barca this season.
odds-3_zpsba054a15.png

With talk of quality signings I have hopefully sorted my 2 weakest areas. Zitinho at left wing back has gone backwards since i signed him, I feel because of my poor training facilities at the time. He will sadly be sold. Zigor Ugarte on the right wing has been a brilliant servant to the club but honestly isn't good enough for the first 11 now, He will drop to the bench.

Thorsten Baumgartlinger
This Austrian is a fully natural wing back and will take his place on the left in my starting 11. Has time on his side at only 20yo.
ThorstenBaumgartlinger_OverviewProfile_zps1e8f3665.png

Alexandr Logunov
A left footed right winger like Ugarte only better! He becomes my second Ukrainian and will hopefully play aswell as Yaremchuk.
AlexandrLogunov_OverviewProfile_zps4766c56a.png

So with that business done we move into the pre season friendlis. We frankly dominated all 4 games, Not once did we field a full strength side.
1-1_zpse3d824f3.png

We also have this to look forward to.
2-1_zps1ea60be4.png

Last edited:
Brilliant season qualifying for the CL, while winning the EL and Copa del Rey. Those youngsters look class.

Great work m8, but i was staggered with one thing: your results in the Euro cup!

How in the world can you beat those teams by 7-0!? I demand your tactic, here, right now! It seems to be the same for Guernsey save, 2-2-2-2-2, right?

Great work m8, but i was staggered with one thing: your results in the Euro cup!

How in the world can you beat those teams by 7-0!? I demand your tactic, here, right now! It seems to be the same for Guernsey save, 2-2-2-2-2, right?
i keep telling him to upload his tac there gold

****, you could win everything with every team, next story could you manage Elgin City? Scottish 3rd Division

Why are you so obsessed with his tactic? It isn't the only thing that could make him successful and it may not work so well for you. Also, isn't creating your own tactic more fun and rewarding?

Why are you so obsessed with his tactic? It isn't the only thing that could make him successful and it may not work so well for you. Also, isn't creating your own tactic more fun and rewarding?

When you have a good/average squad (don't forget that teams like Valencia and Atl Madrid have great squads) that can win the euro league in the 2nd BBVA appearance, then you have 2 questions: are the players excellent and he just manage them (like you have to do with Barcelona squad), or does he have a great tactic that works with not so excellent players but fills the gaps that they leave and makes the team play very well?

If it's the 1st, then it's just another big team save game win them all.

But, as we think the 1st aswer is not the correct one, we may think that he has great tactician skills and we would love to have him share some of his thoughts.

About creating my own tactic. I have tried that a couple of times, but the frustration by not achieving want i want/need takes some of the joy of the game, leaving me no other option than try others.

It's a way of playing FM

Brilliant season qualifying for the CL, while winning the EL and Copa del Rey. Those youngsters look class.
Thank you, Hopefully they are my final pieces of the puzzle

Red Star were awful 7-0 wasn't that good a result.
****, you could win everything with every team, next story could you manage Elgin City? Scottish 3rd Division

I actually have a save in Scottish 3rd with Berwick, Only 10 games in. Any interest in that?

I've said beforemy tactics aren't plug and play, hence me not using a Guernsey tactic.
When you have a good/average squad (don't forget that teams like Valencia and Atl Madrid have great squads) that can win the euro league in the 2nd BBVA appearance, then you have 2 questions: are the players excellent and he just manage them (like you have to do with Barcelona squad), or does he have a great tactic that works with not so excellent players but fills the gaps that they leave and makes the team play very well?

If it's the 1st, then it's just another big team save game win them all.

But, as we think the 1st aswer is not the correct one, we may think that he has great tactician skills and we would love to have him share some of his thoughts.

About creating my own tactic. I have tried that a couple of times, but the frustration by not achieving want i want/need takes some of the joy of the game, leaving me no other option than try others.

It's a way of playing FM

I don't feel i'm any better with tctics than anyone else, I do think i have quite a good eye for players however. I have some players who would walk into the Barca or Madrid teams. Those players do tend to pick up the slack.

I'll upload the tactic for those who want it either tonight or tomorrow, not sure if i'll get on fm tonight.

try a save with that team in scotland that never goes semi pro and if you do half as well has i think you can then you will be a fm god but would love to see a story with your berwick save

This year marked the first time we are genuine title contenders, As I have sid I will be happy purley to split Madrid and Barca.

With that said we stormed through our first 10 games. Winning 9 and drawing 1.
10-4_zpsf7fab25e.png

This left us top 4 ahead of Granada and 6 ahead of Madrid With Barca way down in 5th.
LIGABBVA_OverviewStages-4_zpsd19cce7a.png

The thing that made me smile most however was this, Favourites against Madrid :D
5_zpseb47f4ab.png

This went down well.
2-1_zps7f14ca8d.png

Now we come to the big one, The champions league
1-1_zps4e1a24a0.png

EuropeanChampionsCup_OverviewStages_zpsf23c9ec1.png

Liverpool are amazingly good, Juventus are probably even with us and Videoton will be lucky to get 1 point from this group! A hard group without a doubt.​

try a save with that team in scotland that never goes semi pro and if you do half as well has i think you can then you will be a fm god but would love to see a story with your berwick save
What team is it? I assume they don't go professional either? Sound to hard to me you couldn't get the players you need as an amateur club.

unbelivable mate...great achievment

Thank you :)

there called queens park i have a rangers save im in 2014 and there still amateur so will be very hard are you going to upload your tac and you are doing awsome in the league and good luck in the cl not that you will need it

The champions league, We are aiming for at least quarter finals.

LiverpoolvFCAndorra_OverviewOverview_zps615f469b.png

FCAndorravVideoton_OverviewOverview_zps1f745aac.png

JuventusvFCAndorra_OverviewOverview_zps34b44051.png

FCAndorravJuventus_OverviewOverview_zps40367c94.png

FCAndorravLiverpool_OverviewOverview_zps99f5f172.png

VideotonvFCAndorra_OverviewOverview_zpsa668715f.png

EuropeanChampionsCup_OverviewStages-3_zpseb46bebc.png

Second in the group was brilliant, Liverpool were always going to win the group. We drew Paris St. Germain....
EuropeanChampionsCup_OverviewStages-4_zps571b291f.png

A 2-2 draw at home gave Paris 2 vital away goals.
FCAndorravParisSaint-Germain_OverviewOverview_zps59cfdc66.png

Sadly a step to far for us as we fail to meet exspectations.
ParisSaint-GermainvFCAndorra_OverviewOverview_zps9dce79c8.png

fix-13_zps07e26eaf.png

Last edited:
there called queens park i have a rangers save im in 2014 and there still amateur so will be very hard are you going to upload your tac and you are doing awsome in the league and good luck in the cl not that you will need it
Seems we did need it....

how far u have come..amazing
I wanted more since we already have one European trophy

We are the current holdrs of the Coa Del Rey and great things were exspected of us.

4th Round
JaeacutenvFCAndorra_OverviewOverview_zps22deabd8.png

FCAndorravJaeacuten_OverviewOverview_zps5b5b654b.png

5th Round
FCAndorravBetis_OverviewOverview_zps1a1c3592.png

BetisvFCAndorra_OverviewOverview_zpsaae965f0.png

cupfix_zpsa3000a29.png

Knocked out before we even got going....

Luckily we are still flying in the league. Still undefeated.
fix20_zps5e6c780e.png

Top by 9 points!
LIGABBVA_OverviewStages_zps279d03d8.png

I have unfortunatley discovered a problem with my wing backs. One is injury ppone and one will be going to the African cup of nations. So i need a man to cover both wing backs so i went shopping.

Gennadiy Pitirimov
He can play both wing back positions and should provide quality cover and hopefully competition.
GennadiyPitirimov_OverviewAttributes_zps9b2ddb70.png

Back