El Gran Repte d'Andorra (The Great Andorran Challenge)

• Thread starter Thread starter MojoDex
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 805
  • Views Views 205K
9wins out of 10 is good but sadly Madrid have now done the double over us this season. They haven't really added anyone since last season so it could mean we are weaker in areas they can exploit, Namely the left hand side. That said we did stick 12 past Levante!
fix20_zps740b935c.jpg

FCAndorravLevante_OverviewOverview_zps21cb3968.png

We are currently sat third, But we have 3 games in hand. If we win those we will fly into first.
LIGABBVA_OverviewStages-3_zps732ffab4.png

The Champions League group stage concluded and frankly there was no point bothering, Leverkusen had a good go but still got battered.

FCAndorravFCKoslashbenhavn_OverviewOverview_zpsa8d5283d.png

FCAndorravFenerbahccedile_OverviewOverview_zps01341873.png

LeverkusenvFCAndorra_OverviewOverview-2_zps6e8e11cb.png

We scored a huge 36 goals and basically the other 3 teams may as well of forfeited before we even played.
EuropeanChampionsCup_OverviewStages-3_zpsee387435.png

We will meet Schalke in the first knock out round.

We also had the world club cup to contend.

We beat quite possibly the least fit side I have ever seen in Al-Alhi
Al-AhliKSAvFCAndorra_OverviewOverview_zpsbe418f8e.png

We then beat Santos again this year and somehow scored 4, This scoreline looks a lot better for us than Santos!
SantosvFCAndorra_OverviewOverview_zps569b8f06.png

30 games in and at least we can beat Barcelona even if we can't beat Madrid!
fix30345345345_zpsfede35a0.jpg

This result really came out of left field. We just humiliated them after we went 2-1 up.
FCAndorravBarcelona_OverviewOverview_zps01763c4e.png

Our scoring boots haven't let us down and we are storming it having scored a quite stupid 154 goals!
LIGABBVA_OverviewStages-4_zpse3fcb01d.png

We have so far annihilated all the teams who have faced us, But next we drew German giants Schalke. Hopefully they can give us a game.

In the first leg they really didn't, In the return leg they played superbly it was all to late.

SchalkevFCAndorra_OverviewOverview_zpseeb413b1.png

FCAndorravSchalke_OverviewOverview_zps01cc0956.png

Roma were much the same, They fell apart in the first leg before rallying in the second when it was far to late!

FCAndorravRoma_OverviewOverview_zps29369166.png

RomavFCAndorra_OverviewOverview_zps6d9efaa9.png

A chance for redemption against Madrid went horribly wrong in the first leg with a 3-2 loss, Before we absolutely battered them in the return leg to somewhat make amends for losing to them twice in the league.

RMadridvFCAndorra_OverviewOverview-2_zpsdfa9247c.png

FCAndorravRMadrid_OverviewOverview_zpsa12e0a61.png

Barcelona wait in the final, They will be looking for revenge after the 8-1 mauling we gave them earlier in the season.

Dang i do not know or understand how you can be so sucsessful in this years edition i still cant create a winning formula tactic or even stay as the manager of a club without getting sacked, had alot of sucsess in 12, but not here

Dang i do not know or understand how you can be so sucsessful in this years edition i still cant create a winning formula tactic or even stay as the manager of a club without getting sacked, had alot of sucsess in 12, but not here

I've actually had more success in 13 than 12! Suppose it just likes my tactics better than 12 did!

I've actually had more success in 13 than 12! Suppose it just likes my tactics better than 12 did!

yeah, cause in fm12 i was being my beloved Liverpool, just like i have tried here and at my strongest had an undefeated rund of about 85 games (dont remember excact right now) whilst now i struggle to beat **** teams and the only goals i appear to score are from corner kicks... :L

The youth bug continues.Non of these players are good enough for the club or the NT. It's a good day when 2* are not good enough.
FCAndorraYouthCandidates_SquadPlayers_zpse8d35bdd.png

We won the final 8 games of the season in style, Conceding only twice. Not bad since I had our young keeper out for half of these games.
52453452345_zps480f6510.jpg

We have won the league fulfilling our favourites tag, But what really impresses me is the 189 goals we scored! Finishing with a goal difference of +170........Kind of ridiculous if i'm honest.

We won the Copa Del Rey in emphatic style. Poor Sporting got a beating like no other cup final has ever seen.

565675634_zpsd015cb69.jpg

FCAndorravSporting_OverviewOverview_zpsac84c5c3.png

We finally added the Champions League cruising past Barcelona 4-0.

BarcelonavFCAndorra_OverviewOverview_zpsab11c6c9.png

This Champions League campaign though is my favourite because an Andorran player scored in every round and in every game bar the 6-0 defeat of Real Madrid.

632554764_zpscf10d9d3.jpg

I also got a bit of personal glory.
12313243124_zps3fb7fb6f.jpg

NT update is next

yeah, cause in fm12 i was being my beloved Liverpool, just like i have tried here and at my strongest had an undefeated rund of about 85 games (dont remember excact right now) whilst now i struggle to beat **** teams and the only goals i appear to score are from corner kicks... :L

I never play as big teams to start with so I can't relate to that, By the time a team gets big in my games I've been there over a decade in game time. What sort of formation are you playing?

The last I left you with the NT we had just easily qualified for the European championships. We have had some more good results as well as some bad ones.

Ghana were ranked 16th in the world at the time we played them, So 1-0 was an amazing result.
AndorravGhana_OverviewOverview_zps08194102.png

I remember a time when I considered losing 2-1 to Peru a great result, This time I was Angry we only scored 4!
AndorravPeru_OverviewOverview_zpsda4839d9.png

We really rode our luck against Finland here, But we got the 3 points we actually didn't need!
AndorravFinland_OverviewOverview_zpsb69caf5a.png

This was a shoeing we fully deserved, Belgium beat us to every ball and the fact we scored was royally unfair on Belgium.
BelgiumvAndorra_OverviewOverview_zpsd50757f3.png

We did however get back to winning ways immediately and snagged another 3 points.
BosniaampHerzegovinavAndorra_OverviewOverview_zps3b905dc1.png

Georgia were game but no match for our new found might.
GeorgiavAndorra_OverviewOverview_zps30a28134.png

Ivory Coast were ranked 8th in the world when we played them, A true sign of how far we have come.
AndorravIvoryCoast_OverviewOverview_zpsdff79927.png

08c2ac26-41f8-4bb8-9edb-056102936519_zpsf580bf6c.jpg

Top of the group was more than I expected but i'll take it!

6564645_zps92226cc1.jpg

Last edited:
I never play as big teams to start with so I can't relate to that, By the time a team gets big in my games I've been there over a decade in game time. What sort of formation are you playing?

well i have tried a few in my attempts, but mainly the 4-2-3-1

Without looking at the Liverpool squad I can't suggest anything properly, Maybe try an attacking 442?

Without looking at the Liverpool squad I can't suggest anything properly, Maybe try an attacking 442?

yeah, that or a 4-2-2-2 maybe, also not sure if i wanna start my next save as Liverpool as i am tempted to go with Bayern, but sorry not trying to turn this into a FM for dummies thread... :p

Here is the group we have drawn for the Euro's.
EuropeanFootballChampionship_OverviewStages_zps32d931c0.png

Spain are the Number 1 side in the world and are a real threat. I do not expect toget anything out of them. Norway and Israel are there for the taking.

We have 3 friendlies arranged on the run up to the Euro's and here is our 23 man squad and how we will line up at the tournament. All 10 outfield players are products of the club.

656756_zpsbeff0bd5.jpg

This is how the friendlies on our run up to the Euros have gone.

Ukraine currently ranked 3rd in the world. One of the best sides on the planet, And we held our own until former club icon Yaremchuk scored a brilliant hat trick. We still scored 2 so all is good.
UkrainevAndorra_OverviewOverview_zpsbba04341.png

We got incredibly lucky against Moldova and really we should be winning games like this by alot more.
MoldovavAndorra_OverviewOverview-2_zps8a85be3d.png

A small personal mission for me. We have never beat San Marino, This was about to change!
AndorravSanMarino_OverviewOverview_zps99734ab4.png

Next update will be the group stage :D

yeah, that or a 4-2-2-2 maybe, also not sure if i wanna start my next save as Liverpool as i am tempted to go with Bayern, but sorry not trying to turn this into a FM for dummies thread... :p
Don't worry about it, Have you maybe tried downloading some of the engine exploiters from the tactics section?

Don't worry about it, Have you maybe tried downloading some of the engine exploiters from the tactics section?

Allright, and no, i dont really want to do it either as i feel like i am cheeting and not really feel like i acchieved something

Allright, and no, i dont really want to do it either as i feel like i am cheeting and not really feel like i acchieved something
I can understand that. I usually give changes 5-6 games before I decide they are working or not.

So here it is Andorra ranked 204th in the world when I started, Now going into a major international tournament!

Here is a reminder of how the group looks. Spain are the power house here, Not only the number 1 ranked side in the world but also the hosts for the tournament. We are predicted to come dead last, we'll just see about that!
EuropeanFootballChampionship_OverviewStages-2_zpsbb43dce4.png

We would be opening against Israel and according to the bookies we were out of our depth.

43242342_zpsf5ce1dfb.jpg

An absolutely stonking performance from Carracelas with a hat trick in our opening game saw us right.
IsraelvAndorra_OverviewOverview_zpsbd2d592a.png

We were again apparently no match for Norway.

765754765_zps99b9cefb.jpg

Norway were swatted aside in a manner I never expected. But one I will happily take.
AndorravNorway_OverviewOverview_zpsd406b0b6.png

We qualified without needing a result against Spain thankfully!

567567546_zps987cf0d7.jpg

75675476_zps516a87ab.jpg

The bookies probably aren't far wrong this time, I do not expect to beat Spain. What Spain don't know however is they are our mortal enemies! I have been trying to get a friendly against them for years to test where we were but they always refused, So we are at least looking for a good showing against our neighbours!

46758453_zps020843af.jpg

We really deserved at least a draw here, Someshoddy goal keeping from former club number 1 Oliva let Spain score, As well as some quality work at the other end from current club number one Jesus keeping us out.
SpainvAndorra_OverviewOverview-2_zpsdf11aec4.png

This really annoyed me! Yes they may be our enemy but honestly we are a level below them for now!
7665534_zpsce09e276.jpg

So we finish second in the group, i would of taken that all day long if you had offered it me before the tournament started.

EuropeanFootballChampionship_OverviewStages-4_zps0f5a70ee.png

Serbia are there for the taking!
32535_zps9bb3813e.jpg

Knock our rounds next.

Doing unbelievably well. Also, I think I've pinpointed the intake problem, it tends to happen when you have 20 or more players in your youth squad, so cut the deadwood before you intake.

Last edited:
Doing unbelievably well. Also, I think I've pinpointed the intake problem, it tends to happen when you have 20 or more players in your youth squad, so cut the deadwood before you intake.

Makes sense, though SI should be fixing this. Cheers for letting me know :)

Makes sense, though SI should be fixing this. Cheers for letting me know :)
I know, apparently it happens to the AI all the time to keep the balance of player right. I'm guessing they'd detected too many Andorran players.

Back