El Gran Repte d'Andorra (The Great Andorran Challenge)

Amazing story, have been following since the beginning.. Well done!! Now I know each team has their own way of playing and nothing will be copied exactly, but could you show your main formations used? Also since you're now past the era of Messi and Ronaldo, who are the current world greats? Thank you, hope it's not too much hassle, good luck with Euros, the WC and regens

Amazing story, have been following since the beginning.. Well done!! Now I know each team has their own way of playing and nothing will be copied exactly, but could you show your main formations used? Also since you're now past the era of Messi and Ronaldo, who are the current world greats? Thank you, hope it's not too much hassle, good luck with Euros, the WC and regens

My actual formation is on this thread somewhere to download. I'll put those pictures uo once I catch up with myself, I was reall sick all last week so basically had a solid week of FM!

We won our 3 friendlies before the tournament, Morale is high and the players are all fit.
43t_zpsb652f30a.jpg

Here we are the European Championships, We aren't here to make up numbers we are here to win the thing!

The-Henri-Delaunay-Trophy-Replica-uefa-euro-2012-30601640-600-600_zps79dba579.jpg

Our tournament started against Israel. Missing club legend Ofer Alon in the heart of defence, This means we didn't need to find a way through him so we got off the a flyer 2-0 up at half time then we added a third on 57 minutes to kill the game.
IsraelvAndorra_OverviewOverview_zps48b44477.png

Greece put up little to no fight and we duly put 3 past them without any questions asked of us, With this result we qualified for the knockout stages, Just first place to play for against Ukraine.
AndorravGreece_OverviewOverview_zpse0b93a51.png

I was convinced Ukraine were the best team in this group, Apparently I was dead wrong! After we had finished mauling them they scored a consolation goal only for us to score a sixth for it to finish 6-1!
UkrainevAndorra_OverviewOverview_zps3116b0b4.png

The table looks somewhat skewed after all those high scoring games, Poor Greece and Israel with only a single point each after both ourselves and Ukraine beat them handily.
1a72d427-0814-4bed-b1f0-e42058a2d0b9_zps2faf7038.jpg

We drew the Czech Republic for the next round, After the world cup this is a game we know we can win.
56trtre_zps26dc7d06.jpg

Last edited:
We are looking to make a statement against the Czech Republic, We want to show our ambitions of winning this tournament and we know we have the measure of the Czechs.

Flag-Pins-Czech-Republic-Andorra_zpsb305397e.jpg

We went in at 2-0 up and we were cruising, We had the lions share of possession and we had won eveerything all over the pitch. When the second half was over the scoreline shocked even me. We have stuck 6 past one of the favourites for the tournament, We certainly had out statement now! This game was notable for the complete lack of cards as well.
AndorravCzechRepublic_OverviewOverview_zps32374a5f.png

Switzerland will oppose us in the Quarter Final
sfgdf_zpsc0728d70.jpg

We beat Switzerland 5-0 in a pre tournament friendly, Here's hoping for more of the same. They really are not a good side and I expect a hat full of goals.

Flag-Pins-Andorra-Switzerland_zps5792da2f.jpg

I knew they were not the best side in the tournament but I really couldn't prepare myself for this! The mauling started right from the first minute. 2.5 from Jost is quite possibly the lowest rating I have ever seen a player get, He was single handedly responsible for 5 of our goals. I would of had the guy off the pitch in double quick time!
AndorravSwitzerland_OverviewOverview_zps64aa1b6e.png

This is where the real test starts, England are hard to beat and I expect a close game.
4wetrf_zpsf26a78c4.jpg

England are a true powerhouse of football we have always struggled to beat them

Flag-Pins-England-Andorra_zps929d2495.jpg

Talk about leaving it late! A crazy 5 minutes where we went from 1-0 down to 2-1 up then a torrid 4 minutes of added time where England attacked with everything they had! Luckily we managed to stop them getting any shots off, But the remainder of the game taking place in our half was cause for concern......
EnglandvAndorra_OverviewOverview_zps802bab3c.png

After a mighty performance we are in our first ever final! A very strong Dutch side will face us, In all honesty this game could go either way.
455rter_zps6ab62e92.jpg

We have never beaten Holland before as we can see here with the head to heads. However we are a far far better side now than the one they faced all those years ago.
Andorra_FixturesNextOpponent-2_zpsedc2c2ad.png

Flag-Pins-Andorra-Netherlands_zps2abf4aae.jpg

This was the most nail biting game of FM I have ever played, Holland took the lead on 14 minutes only for us to draw level on 20 minutes. Then stalemate followed all the way through extra time, Then the dreaded penalty shoot out. Sadly Holland kept there nerve better than us and we have lost our first ever international final.......
AndorravHolland_OverviewOverview_zpsf2ba4cf9.png

We have still got a plethora of achievements and awards at this tournament even if we did fall at the last hurdle.

346y5tr_zpsc45e8fdd.jpg

636te_zpsb6b67925.jpg

4wtrse_zpsa520e743.jpg

4w54tger_zps3cb87973.jpg

546ythgd_zps7e90441f.jpg

I feel this is a bit ridiculous but I wont say no!
t5ret_zpsa0f8c43b.jpg

We can be proud of our achievements here even if I am disapointed with not winning the tournament.
345ytgsrdfg_zpse726e76c.jpg

Just before the Euro's I received this news.
olympics_zps634971e9.jpg

So a second bite of the cherry for a tournament win, Unfortunately I couldn't name my strongest squad because I named mystrongest possible squad for the Euros. A few Injuries allowed me to draft in a few of the Euro squad after the tournament had finished, We are now in with a real chance at the Olympics.

Here is the group we have been given.
OlympicGames_OverviewStages_zpsbf84602d.png

We had one friendly before the tournament against Hong Kong, We are still finding our feet as the Under 23's are not 100% familiar with any of my tactics. We still ran out 2-0 winners I stuck with the same 11 for the entire match to try and gel the team a bit better. Ultimately I have the Andorran u19's squad with a few of the countries better players thrown in.
HongKongChinaPRUnder23svAndorraUnder23s_OverviewOverview_zpsbc83394c.png

Congrats on doing so well with Andorra mate, hugely unlucky against Holland in the final!!

I'm not even sure how we qualified for the Olympics, But here we are in the group stage.

profile-pic.png

andorra-olympics.jpg

First up were Egypt, Who were a lot more resilient than I imagined they would be. In the end we snuck a 2-1 win which was probably a fair reflection of how things went.
EgyptUnder23svAndorraUnder23s_OverviewOverview_zps7945a2a8.png

Uruguay should of been the sternest test in the group as it was we controlled the game and they never got a look in without a single shot on goal.
AndorraUnder23svUruguayUnder23s_OverviewOverview_zps4d4700b7.png

We closed the group stage out with a classy performance against Thailand, With Carrasco grabbing a hat trick. I may have to re-evaluate his worth to the club in light of his brilliant performances here.
AndorraUnder23svThailandUnder23s_OverviewOverview_zps40236e56.png

We have finished top of the group and deservedly so.
bc206e7a-8283-4def-9a68-3f26f3a65a84_zpsf4df7525.jpg

We will play Italy in the quarter finals.
56urhgf_zps82298bee.jpg

Last edited:
Italy are two times winners of the Olympic football title and we will certainly have our work cut out for us with them.

Flag-Pins-Italy-Andorra.jpg

Italy went down to 10 men on 10 minutes, This should of given us a fairly straight forward game. It didn't we switched off and they scored first on 22 minutes when Sola basically threw the ball into the back of the net! Then luckily we pulled together and went 3-1 up. Italy then pulled one back on 71 minutes! Luckily we managed to add another 2 to record a scoreline that was very very harsh on Italy
ItalyUnder23svAndorraUnder23s_OverviewOverview_zpse2e97c95.png

Argentina will be our semi final opponents and they are the favourites for the tournament, We will need to play a lot better than we have been doing to get past them.
sr6thcg_zps74d9a3e7.jpg

Argentina are pre tournament favourites, We will need to be at the very top of our game to get anything out of them as they have basically brought a full strength side!

Flag-Pins-Argentina-Andorra.jpg

2-0 up at half time then in the second half we threw it away! Argentina scoring in the 60th and 87th minute. We needed penalties to split the sides and thankfully we were up for a penalty shoot out winning 5-4 and limping into the final.
ArgentinaUnder23svAndorraUnder23s_OverviewOverview_zps1fe9cd24.png

Spain our sworn enemy wait in the final.
45fh_zps79b97cae.jpg

After losing the European Championship final this is our chance at redemption. The only problem is Spain again oppose us and we have never beaten Spain!

Flag-Pins-Spain-Andorra.jpg

This game was headed to extra time and penalties until a moment of team magic in the 86th minute

View the goal for yourself!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOzRfRZMk5E

SpainUnder23svAndorraUnder23s_OverviewOverview_zps25e248e7.png

346ter_zpsc73b854b.jpg

e5thgd_zps8b1bd182.jpg

Finally the NT have claimed there first international trophy, Hopefully the first of many :D

Last edited:
My actual formation is on this thread somewhere to download. I'll put those pictures uo once I catch up with myself, I was reall sick all last week so basically had a solid week of FM!

So you stuck with the 4-2-2-2, and somehow that seems to have been the most successful tactic ever in FM13 but cheers :)